Djiboutians don't pray/French language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
I mean like a country that has it as a language. Also why are the debates held in French if its not that widely used.
It's used it Quebec, which is the second most populous province. And it's an official language at the federal level, so if you want to be PM it's kind of an unwritten rule that you have to be fluently bilingual. In Ontario though, basically no one speaks french.

I still don't understand why Somalis don't purchase more homes on the french side. It's almost 30% cheaper to buy a home there.

200,000k for a 4 bedroom bungalow doesn't require Riba.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Those are for the Frenchies that live in one place. It's a useless language outside of that.

Your own link says it's a non political entity. I have never heard anyone use that term "National Capital Region" but I hear GTA everyday.
GTA is non-political as well. Most metropolitan regions are. It has more to do with the connection between the wider area.

I left Ottawa 11 years ago and visited 6 years ago for a month. The decline in French was rapid. When I was younger you had to speak french to apply for work in a downtown McDonald's or Tim Hortons. This was when we were in like Grade 8-9.
Damn never new that. I can sort of see why people from Quebec are nervous about the state of the French language and why they pass all those language laws. The English language takeover is relentless.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
I still don't understand why Somalis don't purchase more homes on the french side. It's almost 30% cheaper to buy a home there.

200,000k for a 4 bedroom bungalow doesn't require Riba.
But then you'd have to learn French, wouldn't you? Cause you technically live in Quebec, so anytime you have to deal with the province, you have to do it en francias. Especially when it comes to paperwork. It would make a lot of routine things much more of a hassle.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
All the older Somalis (I know) that are irreligious and drink are from xamar or hargeisa.

Jaboutis aren't more irreligious, but the ones from the city are no different to old xamars and old hargeisans, who look up to English and Italian lifestyles.

I legit know a 80 year Somali lady who was married to cadaan who gets French tip manicures and prefers speaking the colonisers language.

I don't know why AJ critizing these types he's 100% worse and feels a deep shame and resentment to anything Somali and much prefers anything white.

But then you'd have to learn French, wouldn't you? Cause you technically live in Quebec, so anytime you have to deal with the province, you have to do it en francias. Especially when it comes to paperwork. It would make a lot of routine things much more of a hassle.

You just need an English speaking doctor that's all.

But, I'm shocked at what you can get for less than 200k on the french side. So many young Somali couples make excuses, even this house here is a walk up newly build townhouse, perfect for a new couple: http://www.royallepage.ca/en/proper.../17-rue-de-la-bourrasque/4805530/mls25555611/

Apollo

VIP
Djibouti is the most depressing place on earth. They have a functioning government, safe/stable environment yet still dirt poor. Quality of life in Djibouti is not much higher than Somaliland.

If I were living in Djibouti I would get the f*ck out of there.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Better than marble-mouthed Danish. Far more useful world-wide as well. An attractive woman speaking French. :ahh:

Danes aren't arrogant pricks and Danish is only spoken in Denmark, not spread to the world. Had French women come into my work and expected me to speak French cos I am African. They got angry when I told I don't speak French. Same thing happened to other some Kenyans I know. Arrogant s. f*ck the French. Ugly disgusting language. It sounds like someone is throwing up.

Bielsa

VIP
French is beautiful. After Italian, it's the most eloquent European language.

I could have almost been raised in French if my parents didn't move from Geneva, Switzerland to Zurich, Switzerland and then to Germany. :(:vo3yidw:

English is far more eloquent and beautiful than French. I'll give you Italian, that's a beautiful language. If French was a tribal language in Congo nobody would rate it and people who heard it would call it ugly. French is truly the most overrated language on earth.

Apollo

VIP
Danes have a highly recognizable accent in English, lol.

Other Scandinavians I can't tell where they are from when they speak English, but Danes I can tell 99% of the time. They pronounce the vowels in English like they are in Danish. :icon lol:

Bielsa

VIP
Danes have a highly recognizable accent in English, lol.

Other Scandinavians I can't tell where they are from when they speak English, but Danes I can tell 99% of the time. They pronounce the vowels in English like they are in Danish. :icon lol:

Danes speaking English is actually quite funny. :icon lol::icon lol:

My English accent is more like this German guy. It can't be pinpointed to anywhere. Just box standard.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
f*ck French. I refuse to speak it anymore and only retain my hold on the language by listening to french cbc and that's only because I have the tiniest hope it will come in handy at some point. :kanyeshrug:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
There are apparently francophone villages in Ontario. My nigga is from there and said they're impeccably discriminatory to anyone who doesn't come from a French speaking country :chrisfreshhah:

Friendly reminder that the French have a disgusting language and are raw meat eating subhumans
996A6782-ED1B-4792-9408-75B5E3FB71D8-2278-000004CBBC7FF87B_tmp.jpg

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
And it's an official language at the federal level, so if you want to be PM it's kind of an unwritten rule that you have to be fluently bilingual. In Ontario though, basically no one speaks french.

So its like Italian in Somalia: Its practically dead but a must in politics. In Somalia either the PM or President has to be fluent in Italian or both. HSM is the first non-Italian speaking president or prime-minister in Somalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.