does feeling superior based on your race/ethnicity make any sense?

does feeling superior over your race/ethnicity make sense?

• Total voters

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
i personally don't view being born into any ethnicity as an accomplishment or something worth feeling superior over others

Feeling superior is haram because a person with an atom's weight of arrogance will not enter Jannah, with that being said, you should be proud of your personal achievements instead of your ethnic backround, something you had no control over

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
I'm not superior to any other at all,

Not from skin colour, not in any strength, but in my profound faith.

I give my thanks to God to give me my graces that being born black is a beautiful thing and that I love my family and my culture for the good things that come from it.
Because what is superior to our human experience is the goodness of those who seek to wish well in their intent. God's faith in us teaches us that natural feeling of love.
Love is a essence that is earned and handed by good deeds with a tried true humble heart.

I'm tired of having to wait until the moment I feel superior to others to be accomplished, rather my personal goals will ensue a much better need for those around me above myself.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
No one said you can only be proud of accomplishments. I can feel proud of my good looks or things given to me through birth, but that doesn't mean I accomplished it. There's a difference betweeen bragging about something you didn't accomplish and feeling pride in it. I am proud of my good looks, my ethnicity, my intelligence, my parents, and a bunch of other things that I had no control over. Which is why I thank allah for all the blessings he has given me.

I couldn't imagine being in a more misfortunate circumstance like many people are. I can feel superior to others without treating them inferior. I can acknowledge that some people are stupid, but I won't treat them like an idiot. I know all of this sounds vain but that's how I see it.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
Can't lie though I don't blame people for having personal biases, opp or not.

However, Never let combating ideas against your own stop your progress.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
While we're on this topic. It's either what I said about feeling superior or that you can never truly know if you're superior to others. I say this because if you believe that you can't feel superior to others because of how you were born. Then it is impossible to ever feel superior because how you were born affects everything.

Right now you have a chance of achieving your dreams because you were born into opportunities, would you be able to do the same if you were born in the slums of india where you have no dad and your mom works in the brothel? You're lucky you grew up with parents, with money, in the western society, and many other uncountable things. Every little thing decides it for you.

Who's to say you're better than the man locked up in prison? Who's to say you wouldn't have made the same choices as him if you were in his position?

Which is why you can either be thankful for the luck you were given and see that as a reason why you're "better" than another. Or you have to acknowledge that the only reason why you're doing better is because of how lucky you are.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I always say be proud of what you have control over, being proud of ur race, ur clan, looks etc is not something you had a choice in but being proud of your profession, the way you treat others and so on makes sense because you were the major force behind those important decisions :)

Trending

Latest posts