Dr Umar Explains Why He Left Islam 😳

He should convert to Rastafarianism someone should tell him that in that religion they worship a black dude who was buried in a toilet.
Jeremy Allen White Explosion GIF by The Bear

He worships an ancient Yoruba god now even though half of Yoruba are Muslim
Africa is one off the most diverse places in the world with many distinct tribes ethnic groups and languages.

why not igbo? why not fulani? why not wolof? why not swahili? why not somali?

hypothetically if the final prophet hailed from africa which language and tribe would he hail from? you would have the same kibir from africans if he didn’t hail from their tribe just like the jews or other murshrik tribes during the prophet pbuhs tribe who refused to follow him due to tribal affiliation and tribal pride

Africa is one off the most diverse places in the world with many distinct tribes ethnic groups and languages.

why not igbo? why not fulani? why not wolof? why not swahili? why not somali?

hypothetically if the final prophet hailed from africa which language and tribe would he hail from? you would have the same kibir from africans if he didn’t hail from their tribe just like the jews or other murshrik tribes during the prophet pbuhs tribe who refused to follow him due to tribal affiliation and tribal pride
Probably because he knows for certain he’s West African and may have done a DNA test and found he’s mostly Yoruba🤷🏽‍♀️

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
VIP
I don’t blame Dr Umar for thinking like this. I blame those Ayrab supremacist. Who looks down on ethnic groups and favours light skins. Who makes shady remarks about Africans sub-saharans. But he’s definitely wrong about the religion.

Islam isn’t a racist religion. Bilial (the first black converter who called to prayer) was a black Muslim. Mosses is considered to be dark skinned in the Islamic belief.

There’s lots of famous black Muslims who had significant influences to the black community.

Starting from: Mana Mussa

Mohammed Ali

Malcom X

Etc… it seems he’s subscribed to Pan-Africanism.

Hmm how do I answer this?

Islam doesn’t ignore local culture or the ‘black experience’ as he puts it. Here are my reasonings:

2. There is even a concept called ‘Urf’ under Islamic fiqh that examines people’s following of local culture provided that it doesn’t go against Islamic principles. Classical scholars talk about this in-detail. The fact that we even have a concept called ‘Urf’ is a stark example as to how local culture is allowed.

3. There is nothing in Islam to suggest that one has to dress like an Arab. This is something that modern Muslims like to enforce. Many non Arab Muslims hail from backgrounds that have been Muslim for centuries and have developed their own dress separate to Arabs for most of their history whilst retaining their deen. The fact that one can see the differences in traditional/historical dress with regard's to a Pakistani, a Malaysian, Somali and Saudi who are all indeed part of the wider Muslim Ummah illustrates my points.

3. The eating comment is rather bizarre, Muslim nations all have different cuisines. A Muslim Bangali doesn’t eat the same foods as a Yemeni for instance.

4. People can still be Muslim and have a heavily Yoruba culture and name, people can still be Muslim and be called Thomas and identify with English Anglo culture to the T minus the haram aspects and still be Muslim and an Englishmen to boot.

5. Dr Umar, is talking from a standpoint that looks at modern Muslims and their obsession with all things Arab. We know live in a rather globalized world that peddles conformity. This wasn’t the case less than 50 yrs ago. In today’s current climate, we have non Arabs co-opting the Thowb, practicing Arab culture and have completely thrown out their native dress and habits. This isn’t actually Islamically ordained and you only really see that in last few decades in the West who regard piousness= Arab particularly Khaleeji culture.

Last edited:
I don’t blame Dr Umar for thinking like this. I blame those Ayrab supremacist. Who looks down on ethnic groups and favours light skins. Who makes shady remarks about Africans sub-saharans. But he’s definitely wrong about the religion.

Islam isn’t a racist religion. Bilial (the first black converter who called to prayer) was a black Muslim. Mosses is considered to be dark skinned in the Islamic belief.

There’s lots of famous black Muslims who had significant influences to the black community.

Starting from: Mana Mussa

Mohammed Ali

Malcom X

Etc… it seems he’s subscribed to Pan-Africanism.
But he’s making fair points though. The Arab culture is mixed with Islam. You can’t understand Islam if you don’t have somewhat of an understanding of the Arab culture.

i like dr umar in general but sadly after hearing this I have added him to the many other weak minded individuals who somehow conclude their conviction on God based on a single race who have nothing to do with the teachings or whats commanded from you. These type of people have a big ego and attribute a ME v Everyone mentality throughout life and cant even move their ego to their side for the sake of a higher being and understand the full tenets of whats actually taught and commanded