Eedo's of Somali Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been called Eedo before :dead:

What does your sister study? anything she enjoys in particular?

I'm hoping to get into architecture

First you need to ask her what subjects she enjoys studying, I think an English degree would be best as she can get into a lot of fields, if she's not sure.

Marketing is another one, especially e-commerce as the future lies there.

as someone studying a STEM degree, avoid it by all means.
you cannot even get an entry job in your feild unless you have at least a masters degree. and even then, the entry level jobs are garbage. one of my friends who graduated with masters in chemistry literally couldnt even find a decent job for a whole year. now she works as a lab technician. when you spend four years in uni studying one of the hardest degrees there is, its not worth being a lab technician.

i say go where the money is and get a degree in finance. the entry level positions pay very well and only require a degree.
or study medicine/dentistry.both guarantee a job after graduation.

waraabe

Your superior
This or the health industry, medical or clinical, are always a good bet.

You should ask her what her interests are.
:faysalwtf: Health studies? Anything with the word studies isn't good enough.

Med does come under stem tho. Btw we need more dentists as a community :siilaanyolaugh:

waraabe

Your superior
First you need to ask her what subjects she enjoys studying, I think an English degree would be best as she can get into a lot of fields, if she's not sure.

Marketing is another one, especially e-commerce as the future lies there.
Did you study English

you cannot even get an entry job in your feild unless you have at least a masters degree. and even then, the entry level jobs are garbage. one of my friends who graduated with masters in chemistry literally couldnt even find a decent job for a whole year. now she works as a lab technician. when you spend four years in uni studying one of the hardest degrees there is, its not worth being a lab technician.

i say go where the money is and get a degree in finance. the entry level positions pay very well and only require a degree.

Damn that sounds depression.

tech sector in finance seems like a dream tbh. You don't have to deal with the crazy competition investment bankers etc go through plus the pay is pretty nice. The only draw back is the crazy hours

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.

That is one garbage advice Wallahi.

Do you study for the money or the know-how and knowledge.

I am planning on studying either aerospace engineering or chemical engineering not for the money but out of curiosity and passion.

It's good to know shit that a lot of people don't know.

If it didn't work out for you don't discourage another person from studying a STEM course.

waraabe

Your superior
Best subjects (for money)

All these dependent on going to a good university.
Econ
Maths
Accounting
Law
Med (uni doesn't matter )
Dentistry (my cousin is applying soon) (uni doesn't matter)

That is one garbage advice Wallahi.

Do you study for the money or the know-how and knowledge.

I am planning on studying either aerospace engineering or chemical engineering not for the money but out of curiosity and passion.

It's good to know shit that a lot of people don't know.

If it didn't work out for you don't discourage another person from studying a STEM course.
I decided to study chemistry because i loved it in college but when you think about the future prospects its not looking promising.
its not about the money at all but the job market is crazy these days so you need to take that into consideration.
for me, i will most likely do masters, but instead of looking for jobs in chemistry i might do what most chemists do and look into accounting.
i can't say much about other stem subjects but chemistry is definitely not a degree i would encourage someone to pursue. this isnt just my opinion either, most chemists who don't have PhDs arent even considered for most jobs in pharmaceutical companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.