Egypt Prez Sisi has asked Somalia to mediate Ethiopia v Egypt dam dispute

I don't know where you get the information that Ethiopians want to destroy Somalis? And please I didn't spoke a word about Somalis or Somalia in this regard because it has nothing to do with Somalis or Somalia and I am not begging you to side with us. Feel free to do whatever you want even starting a war against Ethiopia for Egypt if that is what is in the best interest for your country. I was just talking exclusively about Egypt not Somalia.

Just for your information, Abiy is the most Somali friendly Ethiopian leader so far.
I support selfdetermination for Kilil5 but Xabash and Somal must be the best of neighbor and they have a common interest plus previous governments did mot represent average Xabash.

Keep informing these folks even though you are against Kilil5 vote on article 39

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
I am not informed about Dams on rivers that flow to Somalia and I can't say much about it. I know Ethiopia is building multiple dams and there are more in the pipeline. But as far as I know they are all intended for power generation, meaning the flow of water continues. Harming Egypt or Somalia or any other neighbour is not in our interest. What would we gain by creating more enemies? That is stupidity. At the same time we are a sovereign country and we should be able to develop and utilize our resource to develop our country.

Your statement that the current Ethiopian government is hostile to the people of Somali kilil is absolutely wrong and far from truth. Let the facts speak. The current government closed all torture cells where security forces were torturing political opponents. There is now in the region freedom of press, freedom of speech and freedom of political activity. Exiled political parties like the ONLF are now allowed to operate freely in the region. The Somali region was seen by TPLF/EPRDF as second class regions with no direct representative in the decision making of EPRDF. Now all regions except Tigray are fully represented inside EPRDF/Prosperity Party as full members with equal votes. Somali region now has more power and influence and ministers in the federal government than TPLF Tigray. The Somali language is in the process of becoming recognized federal language etc. Of course there are still issues that can be improved with dialog but to utter such a blind statement that the current Ethiopian government is hostile to the Somali region is very unfair and lacks factual basis.

And concerning MP numbers in the parliament and the map of election board, I already answered it. Election board said they have no mandate to change the old unfair TPLF numbers without prior conducting a census. They know the issue and Somali region will get its fair share believe me but there are many unfair issues and they can't adjust it only for Somali region. They have to have a census first. By the way TPLF has only 38 seats and Somali region is part of the majority over 500 seat governing coalition. Somali region is not an opposition as TPLF so these few numbers doesn't matte for now but it will be corrected. That was the TPLF unfair allocation of seats.
Allow a referendum to leave its literally in your constitution.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
You skinnies are getting baited once again. Egypt just wants a quick blow job then will f*ck off while your husband Ethiopia is going to be enraged that you betrayed his trust.

Think for one moment before celebrating, what the actual f*ck does Xamar get from siding with Egypt over the Nile? Arab brownie points?

Allow a referendum to leave its literally in your constitution.

No one asked for that yet but if everybody agrees on the borders I am fine with that. The problem is without colonial boarders we will end up fighting each other forever. Somali region vs Oromia. Oromia vs Amhara. Afar vs Somali region, Oromia vs South. Tigray vs Amhara etc. Honestly without colonial borders and colonial treaties I have no idea how a region can become independent. Anybody can claim any land and we will be stuck in border disputes for generations to come. So I really don't see a realistic path to a peaceful independence through referendum. It is just not there. Even with colonial borders and treaties like Ethio/Eritrea, we know how bad border disputes can end up but without them, it is almost insane to think one can become independent and just live in peace in that region.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
No one asked for that yet but if everybody agrees on the borders I am fine with that. The problem is without colonial boarders we will end up fighting each other forever. Somali region vs Oromia. Oromia vs Amhara. Afar vs Somali region, Oromia vs South. Tigray vs Amhara etc. Honestly without colonial borders and colonial treaties I have no idea how a region can become independent. Anybody can claim any land and we will be stuck in border disputes for generations to come. So I really don't see a realistic path to a peaceful independence through referendum. It is just not there. Even with colonial borders and treaties like Ethio/Eritrea, we know how bad border disputes can end up but without them, it is almost insane to think one can become independent and just live in peace in that region.
Current borders + Dir Dhaba bcs it's literally a Somali city the rest idc about claiming

Current borders + Dir Dhaba bcs it's literally a Somali city the rest idc about claiming

If only that was so easy. Dire Dawa alone will be a big flashpoint. Moyale is another flash point. There are also others that could become potentially deadly flash points. Imagine this is only between Somali region vs Oromia. Add to that Somali region vs Afar or Somali region vs Somaliland (Hawd) and my be Somali region vs Djibouti. As I said I see no peaceful path to independence for any region. Just few days ago one of the top TPLF men Sebhat Nega told a Tigray journalist that the independence path for Tigray is like knowingly diving into fire and that it will not come peacefully but with huge cost. He sited the border dispute with Amhara region. The moment one region becomes independent the border dispute will be not with that region but with Ethiopia as a whole. I agree with him. We are talking here only about the external conflicts but any region that becomes independent also has to deal with internal sectarianism and power struggle like clan or religious fights etc. Those who push for independence need to show a realistic peaceful path otherwise it just crazy to just try it out and end up in a catastrophic civil war.

Last edited:

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
If only that was so easy. Dire Dawa alone will be a big flashpoint. Moyale is another flash point. There are also others that could become potentially deadly flash points. Imagine this is only between Somali region vs Oromia. Add to that Somali region vs Afar or Somali region vs Somaliland (Hawd) and my be Somali region vs Djibouti. As I said I see no peaceful path to independence for any region. Just few days ago one of the top TPLF men Sebhat Nega told a Tigray journalist that the independence path for Tigray is like knowingly diving into fire and that it will not come peacefully but with huge cost. He sited the border dispute with Amhara region. The moment one region becomes independent the border dispute will be not with that region but with Ethiopia as a whole. I agree with him. Those who push for independence need to show a realistic peaceful path otherwise it just crazy to just try it and end up in a civil war.
Dir Dhaba is literally all I asked for. You don't think if all the disputes were just ignored besides Dir Dhaba it wouldn't add up neutral between Somalis and Oromos?? The Hawd would obviously just join Somaliland since they're Isaaq. Djibouti has 0 say in this because they don't lay claim or sovereignty over anything other than themselves and their dispute with Eritrea. The problem is if you let the Somalis go then it will cause a chain reaction and shitfest of instability in the rest of Ethiopia.

Dir Dhaba is literally all I asked for. You don't think if all the disputes were just ignored besides Dir Dhaba it wouldn't add up neutral between Somalis and Oromos?? The Hawd would obviously just join Somaliland since they're Isaaq. Djibouti has 0 say in this because they don't lay claim or sovereignty over anything other than themselves and their dispute with Eritrea. The problem is if you let the Somalis go then it will cause a chain reaction and shitfest of instability in the rest of Ethiopia.

Do you know how many "mini civil wars" Oromos and Somalis fought just in the last few years and how these "mini civil wars" displaced millions of civilians. Just for your info it was not even about the big prize Dire Dawa. This should give you a glimpse of how it all will end up. Besides, are you sure the new "countries" have the ability to become a functioning state? As a Somali I think you know better how hard it is to have a strong central government. There are too many powerful outside players in our region and I doubt these new mini states can stand the internal and outside pressure. It is more like a recipe for disaster if you ask me.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Do you know how many "mini civil wars" Oromos and Somalis fought just in the last few years and how these "mini civil wars" displaced millions of civilians. Just for your info it was not even about the big prize Dire Dawa. This should give you a glimpse of how it all will end up. Besides, are you sure the new "countries" have the ability to become a functioning state? As a Somali I think you know better how hard it is to have a strong central government. There are too many powerful outside players in our region and I doubt these new mini states can stand the internal and outside pressure. It is more like a recipe for disaster if you ask me.
A new separate Somali regional state would have some ideological fervor behind it and it would sideline tribalism for long enough similar to SL when it moved out. - Only later did inter Isaaq rivalry begin to surface. The problem which I agree with you is managing to leave without all out war with the Oromo. Somalia was under a Siad for quite a while. It took losing a war and rebel groups to bring him down. Had he won the Ogaden war I doubt we would be in this much chaos. I don't think his regime would've lasted past the 1990s but the overthrow would be less chaotic.

A new separate Somali regional state would have some ideological fervor behind it and it would sideline tribalism for long enough similar to SL when it moved out. - Only later did inter Isaaq rivalry begin to surface. The problem which I agree with you is managing to leave without all out war with the Oromo. Somalia was under a Siad for quite a while. It took losing a war and rebel groups to bring him down. Had he won the Ogaden war I doubt we would be in this much chaos. I don't think his regime would've lasted past the 1990s but the overthrow would be less chaotic.

That may be true and that is why people should think through all outcomes and not be lead by emotions. Siad Barre should have done the same thing and rationally calculated through all options and eventualities and minimize risks and long term costs. Of course that would take a cool head and a bit more IQ which our region is not blessed with abundantly :) so somebody has to stop us from paying around with fire without having any escape plan in place.

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
That may be true and that is why people should think through all outcomes and not be lead by emotions. Siad Barre should have done the same thing and rationally calculated through all options and eventualities and minimize risks and long term costs. Of course that would take a cool head and a bit more IQ which our region is not blessed with abundantly :) so somebody has to stop us from paying around with fire without having any escape plan in place.
Should've sat down with Ethiopia. Imagine instead of invading we decided to save your Emperor lol

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
With all due respect fellow comrades,conspiracy theorists and speculatives, I hereby address this honourable board and not here to deconstruct the wonderful insights provided by these brilliant individuals however there are contradictions and afflicted biases by particular personas hence it's not my best intentions to bring disappointment but sometimes the harsh truths can be an excruciating pain and it takes one to varieties of extent to acknowledge their fatal mistakes in this political spectrum to be acknowledgeable and wary of a situation that can jeopordise the nation , it requires a certain amount of energy, rational thinking and decision making to play the right move without upsetting either side.

However that is not the case with Somalia with it's fragile dysfunctional leaders, His Excellency Mr Farmaajo and Honerable Prime minister Kheire are in no position to hold the entire country in one fold , let alone endulge in mediation with diplomatic nations.
There are never -ending obstacles that hinders their leadership, minimise their potentials and capabilities as role leaders , over the years of agony ,mistrust and divisiveness between the citizens, rival factions and those in government the negative impact did not only destroyed their credibilities but the vital role of unifying the war-torn nation itself.
Due to challenges undermining the crucial element of national unity.
Holding a meeting with separatist, breakaway and lawless states are impossible , as each territories prefer to govern with their own terms and conditions,pass legislations without the consent of the central government (barely functioning).
If our current and previous governments are on brinks of collapsing to smaller enclaves which brings the likes of balkanization a realities in the years to come, failed to restore law and order , prioritise stability and reconciliation of those 3
decades of instability and , then we are in no sort of position to be in foreign matters!

Despite having diplomatic ties with both nations and both have common interests in Somalia , Farmaajo and his friends in Villa Somalia were incapable to negotiate with Somaliland , Jubbaland and Puntland also failed to eliminate AS or bring them to the table for dialogue .