Eritrean DNA

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri aka Targaryen of the Awalid Kingdom.
You haven't seen Yemenis then. Tigrayans are very clearly black looking but less so than other Horners. They have lighter skin than us but their hair type and nose profiles are about the same, if not more madow.
View attachment 300067
Depends on the Yemenis.The Highland Yemenis have higher Neolithic Anatolian Farmer ancestry compared to Saudi Bedouins & Mahra Yemenis, these Highland Farmer Yemenis tend to be lighter and light eye colors & brown hair is quite common among them

Depends on the Yemenis.The Highland Yemenis have higher Neolithic Anatolian Farmer ancestry compared to Saudi Bedouins & Mahra Yemenis, these Highland Farmer Yemenis tend to be lighter and light eye colors & brown hair is quite common among them
Even the brown Yemenis with little African admixture with them still looks nothing as East African nor Lightskin East African looks like brown northern Yemeni.

The ones that with heavy African on them tends to look like East African

View attachment 300065
I legit had no idea that Eritreans were this Eurasian admixed. I thought they would cluster with Oromos and Afars like the Amhara do. How come a lot of them look as madow than Ethiopians and Somalis do?
The proxies you've chosen is really poor, it's misleading but Eritreans have high Eurasian admixture. They were connected to yeman during their empire especially the Axumite period. They have 25% Arabian compared to 3% for us somalis. So the question is, why are they 15% more eurasian than somalis when it should have been 25% because of their MENA dna.

Somalis ancestor is 60%Nilotic+ 25% north african + 15%MENA whereas Habasha are about 1/4 Nilotic+1/4 Omotic+ 1/2 MENA.

I agree with the autosomal DNA for the reason of your phenotype but Eurasian:Sub Saharan admixture or haplogroup type has nothing to do with phenotype. Some Eritreans have soft hair but it's uncommon for Eritreans to have waves or loose hair, thats why they prefer to have the 1970s afro hair. Compare to somalis it's more likely we have loose curly to wavy hair types like 2A 2B 2C, 3A 3B and 3C. So maybe the culprit is the Omotic admixture or maybe there is other reasons not known yet.

Afar got higher eursian then us
But afars are know to have darkskin and kinky-curly hair.

There is something afar-habesha have in their genetic that we don’t
To be fairb
Some of afars look very Somali

Out of everyone in the horn
Afar was the only one I’ve mistaken them as Somali

Most Somalis look more Black African than the average Eritrean who looks more Bi-racial.

Eritrean Habeshas would’ve looked Arabian if they didn’t acquire Omotic admixture.

Last edited:
Most Somalis look more Black African than the average Eritrean who looks more Bi-racial.

Eritrean Habeshas would’ve looked Arabian if they didn’t acquire Omotic admixture.
But on the contrary if they did not have the recent 25% Arabian they would have looked like Ari people or Gumuz people.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
But on the contrary if they did not have the recent 25% Arabian they would have looked like Ari people or Gumuz people.
The Ari are fully Omotic and the Gumuz are Nilotes. Without the Arabian ancestry, Tigrinya folk would probably look like the Sidama

How did they acquire Omotic dna? I suspect slavery had something to do with it.
I have no clue yet, but i am suspecting an ancient time likely before or in between the Mesolithic and neolithic period where Omotic ruled Abbasinya and were powerful, thats why their signature is throughout east africa.

I didn't expect eritreans to have Omotic, I knew they had recent Nilotic ancestry. What's the Omotic dna percentages in eritreans?
1697920350577.png

Surprisingly some K5 Somali have it as well but its very minuscule.

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri aka Targaryen of the Awalid Kingdom.
How did they acquire Omotic dna? I suspect slavery had something to do with it.
When Cushites entered the Horn we intermixed with the local HGs.Somalis although with the lowest autosomal percentage of this ancestry compared to other Horners and the ancient South Cushitic samples.We still have a huge chunk of our maternal lineages derive from these indigineous hunter-gatherers with haplogroups such as L0a1d for example

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Yh that’s why I saw they’re the most Asian looking East African.

Also the south Asian admixture is only for barawnis
What about ashraaf, shanshiyo and the rest who ain’t barawnis
They also have that admixture.
View attachment 300190
Surprisingly some K5 Somali have it as well but its very minuscule.
You have more Omotic than me (I'm at 0), and I'm from K5. I've mentioned many times that it varies. K5 is not a monolithic region; I would not suspect the same results.

I think these questions are futile. I could easily ask why one family member has light skin with wavy hair and sharp features, and another is very dark with curly hair and the same features yet entirely Somali from the same parents and with zero recent admixture. These sorts of conversations are becoming irritating. I'm sensing many of these kids want to align themselves with anything more Eurasian; frankly, it's pathetic. They are often prone to banal generalizations and can't stand alone without piggybacking off other groups (given an identity crisis).

Also, Eritreans don't have a particular look. Some look Somali (others don't), and their hair texture ranges from straight/wavy to coarse. They can be olive to blue-black almost. Some are short, and others are tall. One has to specify which group they are discussing.

Trending