Ethiopia reddit raging on Somalis after deal with egypt

Khaemwaset

FrΓΌher of the Djibouti Ugaasate πŸ‡©πŸ‡―
VIP
Isn't Tadjoura part of the territorial integrity of the Republic of Djibouti which sits in a strategic point in the horn of Africa region??

Abiy is going to love that deal as that will allow his navy to be stationed close to Bab al Mandeb the accesses point to the Red Sea that Ethiopians have been dreaming about since Eritrea's break away
Who talked about navy 😭😭

We are talking about access to the port, importing things at a lower tax than usual. Why are you talking about ethios putting a base on Djibouti soil that wouldn't happen in a million years. What can an impoverished country like Ethiopia offer us I'm exchange for our land

Who talked about navy 😭😭

We are talking about access to the port, importing things at a lower tax than usual. Why are you talking about ethios putting a base on Djibouti soil that wouldn't happen in a million years. What can an impoverished country like Ethiopia offer us I'm exchange for our land
Ethiopia wants base for its navy that's what the problem with SL deal is about :comeon:

Khaemwaset

VIP
Ethiopia wants base for its navy that's what the problem with SL deal is about :comeon:
That's the problem with Somalia.

Djibouti government's main issue is losing its revenue. But even if we lost out on xooging ethiopia for over 1$ billion a year we still wouldn't sell ownership of our land.

Even westerners don't own the land they build bases on. I used to go past Camp lemonair all the time which was originally leased out to the French army but eventually the Americans asked and we rented it out to them instead.

Legally everything is owned and taxed by the Djibouti government

Djibouti government's main issue is losing its revenue. But even if we lost out on xooging ethiopia for over 1$ billion a year we still wouldn't sell ownership of our land.

Even westerners don't own the land they build bases on. I used to go past Camp lemonair all the time which was originally leased out to the French army but eventually the Americans asked and we rented it out to them instead
Djibouti intervened by providing that solution for the diplomatic problem that exists between Xamar and Addis Ababa

If Somali politicians play smart they can win in this hostility between Ethiopia and Egypt.

Egypt is concerned about the dam and Ethiopia wants a port and access to the sea, if we let them use a port but make it depend on how the water flows through the dam and downwards to Egypt while getting payments from Egypt for this favor all sides will win.

Ashraf

πŸŒŠπŸ«π’…π’”π’–π’‚ π’…π’˜π’π’π’—π’‡πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸͺ½
Nah I read a BBC article they're getting kicked out in January. And all non atmis forces, about 5-7k soldiers are also getting kicked out.

But them leaving is conditional upon them withdrawing the MOU. So if they withdraw it they stay. Weak ass response Ong, should be kicked out either way.

Khaemwaset

VIP
But them leaving is conditional upon them withdrawing the MOU. So if they withdraw it they stay. Weak ass response Ong, should be kicked out either way.
There shouldn't be foriegn troops in Somalia to begin with

During the Republic and Kacaan there was no foreigners in Somalia. It was a real state that controlled its borders and could stand equally with other nations. Look at Somalia now, not even a real country post Barre.

Why don't we just kill all these false leaders and create a UAE type country with the rulers of all major clans coming together to form an Islamic state. I don't see an Ugaas or a Sultan doing the type of stunts these politicians are

Ashraf

πŸŒŠπŸ«π’…π’”π’–π’‚ π’…π’˜π’π’π’—π’‡πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸͺ½
There shouldn't be foriegn troops in Somalia to begin with

During the Republic and Kacaan there was no foreigners in Somalia. It was a real state that controlled its borders and could stand equally with other nations. Look at Somalia now, not even a real country post Barre.

Why don't we just kill all these false leaders and create a UAE type country with the rulers of all major clans coming together to form an Islamic state. I don't see an Ugaas or a Sultan doing the type of stunts these politicians are
The greatest plague in Somalia right now is actually one of the greatest mistakes siad made. Arming the clans (especially those on the border) with weapons in anticipation of a war with Ethiopia. What kind of leader arms reer badiyo idiots with guns. They eventually turned them against him. Strict control of arms entering and leaving the country is needed. We can’t create that state because there’s so many weapons in Somalia. If someone tried they’d need to run through everyone who would resist. Which would be a lot, it would take casualties in the hundreds of thousands. Minor skirmishes would turn into clan skirmishes and escalate into a civil war. There needs to be a winner though, someone who can stand above all. The issue is after the civil war, no one won.

Khaemwaset

VIP
The greatest plague in Somalia right now is actually one of the greatest mistakes siad made. Arming the clans (especially those on the border) with weapons in anticipation of a war with Ethiopia. What kind of leader arms reer badiyo idiots with guns. They eventually turned them against him. Strict control of arms entering and leaving the country is needed. We can’t create that state because there’s so many weapons in Somalia. If someone tried they’d need to run through everyone who would resist. Which would be a lot, it would take casualties in the hundreds of thousands. Minor skirmishes would turn into clan skirmishes and escalate into a civil war. There needs to be a winner though, someone who can stand above all. The issue is after the civil war, no one won.
That's exactly the reason. Look at all countries that ended civil wars and centralised. You had China which saw over 40 million people die. Hundreds of thousands being casualties in an effort to build a Somali state pales in comparison to the millions who die to famine and other related things. And the millions of somalis who live in exile.

We have to stop worrying about the "human cost" of things like this. We know why Somalia is the way it is. We know the people who chain us, the Qabils, the Seperatists, the Federalists.
Clear them out.

I want it Chinese revolution style. If you have cancer growing in one part of your body, you must amputate a limb to save the rest of the body. Likewise, some Somalis are too far gone we can't save them. They'll only drag us back and continue to infect our nation. Just end them and build a new and great country from the rubble

How do you take away the guns?

Khaemwaset

VIP
How do you take away the guns?
Have an army that will ensure safety and rule of law within the country. A majority of people only bear arms for self protection and fear. If the rule of law is established by a strong state you'll have people disarm.

But there are of course others who think they're landhere and will refuse. Just hang them and the rest will realise they're not all that and forfiet their guns to the state.

NidarNidar

β™šSargon of Adalβ™š
VIP
Ethiopia is a wannabe millitary power That wants to enslave Somalis and all Muslims in the region. Egypt is a north-east African state that is sunni Muslim and also had it's own sovereignity threatened by Abiy's Ethiopia
If I was Egypt I would just bomb the shit out of that dam in the low season, anything that threatens my water rights.
i follow back jennifer lawrence GIF
i follow back jennifer lawrence GIF

Sup

Anti Qabilist - Somali Patriot
View attachment 341030

https://garoweonline.com/en/news/so...n-ciidanka-masar-lagu-badalo-askarta-itoobiya

This are your folks who aren't happy with the Egyptian presence in their land :)
I could have five thousand people marching through the street of Somalia, calling me to be president. If my wallet was big enough, but I don’t expect you to understand that sxb. Not everyone is blessed with common sense, but you’ll get there soon inshaAllah. I’ll be sure to make dua for you my half - witted friend πŸ™

Even westerners don't own the land they build bases on. I used to go past Camp lemonair all the time which was originally leased out to the French army but eventually the Americans asked and we rented it out to them instead.

Legally everything is owned and taxed by the Djibouti government

Start with IOG, overthrow him and forcefully join Somalia niyhow. It's always Ciise nighas talking about Somalnimo but never working for it.

Khaemwaset

VIP
Start with IOG, overthrow him and forcefully join Somalia niyhow. It's always Ciise nighas talking about Somalnimo but never working for it.
How can we join Somalia If there's a renegade state in between us and Xamar

Ciise voted twice to join Somalia. But we were prevented by France. We were forced to become a country while you had the free will to join with other Somalis. And now, after destroying yourselves, you twist history into saying this British colony and that Italian colony are two completely seperate entities? It doesn't make sense in terms of qabil due to the overlap, it doesn't make sense in terms of national "sovereignty" because all Somalis belong to the somali nation. A clan is not a nation.

You and the others keep telling me that we should overthrow iog, there's many reasons we can't obviously. And there's also the fact that France wouldn't allow their puppet to fall, and even if he fell, Djibouti will just be gobbled up by the 100million danyeer thirsty for a port.

If we ciise killed iog French revolution style what would it achieve? Well just be mini Mogadishu after you guys overthrew Siad Barre. But this time the international community won't spend billions trying to keep a Djiboutian state afloat since we're too small to matter, and that era passed. They'll just let ethiopia move in.

Emir of Harar

Make Harar Great Again
You’re getting shit for putting somalia first. Don’t let anyone deter you. Egypt will help us, but time will tell.
No need to worry, I don't take the hate from non-rational minds to heart. The thing is I don't want any foreign powers meddling in any HOA affairs. We could all settle our disputes over dialogue between intellectual leaders. At the end of the day it's their decisions that matter, the opinion of normal citizens in large part do not matter.

Trending

Latest posts