Ethiopian army targeting civilians in Godey

The Ethiopian army have been deployed to Godey for about 3 days now, which has to do with the 're-organization' of Liyuu police. Nevertheless, they've already been many reports of causing continuous disturbances and foul behaviour towards the locals on a daily basis. From cases of sexual harassments, abductions, beating of civilians etc. Civilians have also complained about them drinking and then going around the town and causing mayhem.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

bidenkulaha

GalYare
It’s the Ethiopian military with Xabashi soldiers. Liyuu haven’t been integrated into the army yet.
I have a bridge to sell you if you think liyu will ever be integrated into the national army.

They might conscript some liyu and send them to amhara region or whatever front they need cannon fodder for tho.

I have a bridge to sell you if you think liyu will ever be integrated into the national army.

They might conscript some liyu and send them to amhara region or whatever front they need cannon fodder for tho.

What makes you think like that?

I've heard that the largest share of liyuu will be heading towards the army, most likely as reserves. While the rest will either be joining the federal or local police force.

What you're saying isn't far from the truth either tho. They tend to send soldiers from a region they don't have any ties to. In the future, if Somali soldiers will be sent anywhere, it will be any region except the Somali one.

I've heard that the largest share of liyuu will be heading towards the army, most likely as reserves. While the rest will either be joining the federal or local police force.

What you're saying isn't far from the truth either tho. They tend to send soldiers from a region they don't have any ties to. In the future, if Somali soldiers will be sent anywhere, it will be any region except the Somali one.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bidenkulaha

GalYare

I highly doubt Ethiopia will ever be comfortable with ENDF compromising of a large contingent of Somalis with access to heavy weapons and being at the top echelons of the military in any significant way. They barely put up with Liyu police which has nowhere near that fire power.

It’s a good idea for them to send some liyu to other regions tho and bring in Oromo and Habeshi forces into DDS. An absolute disaster for Somali region tho. This is only the start

I highly doubt Ethiopia will ever be comfortable with ENDF compromising of a large contingent of Somalis with access to heavy weapons and being at the top echelons of the military in any significant way. They barely put up with Liyu police which has nowhere near that fire power.

It’s a good idea for them to send some liyu to other regions tho and bring in Oromo and Habeshi forces into DDS. An absolute disaster for Somali region tho. This is only the start

Techincally true. Their distrust towards Somalis is why there are barely any of us with high position and ranking in the military. Despite Abiy ‘welcoming’ Somalis into the establishment for the first time in Ethiopian history. This could change in the future, if he finds loyal Somalis to the Ethiopian cause.

I personally don’t think we need nor will see any shisheeye forces inside DDS, especially the cities. Cagjar said that some of Liyuu will just change uniform. Which makes sense, as they are fulfilling their jobs as de-facto police. Maybe some more trainings.

I don’t know the role of federal forces. But if the military will be sent anywhere in DDS, it will only be on the borders with Somalia. So far they have presence in southern DDS/Somalia, but the rest of the border with Somalia? I’m not sure how it will go…

Last edited:
If only people knew how soft and weak Ethiopians are. There is just no unity within the Somali community. I feel sorry for what has happened in godey

If only people knew how soft and weak Ethiopians are. There is just no unity within the Somali community. I feel sorry for what has happened in godey

I agree regarding the weakness of Ethiopians and all of their armed forces. But the Ethiopian army aren't meant to be in urban areas, be it in the Somali region or elsewhere. They aren't disciplined enough. Not that I had high expectations of them.

Imagine being sent from Tigray where they committed gruesome atrocities, and being commended for it, and now being sent to non-conflict areas? Hopefully, they get removed as soon as possible.

this will only lead to insecurity and mistrust. if this behavior continues, AS will make their presence known.

They have proven themselves to be incapable or ineffective in the fight against AS in Somalia. Even when AS made incursion into DDS; it was Liyuu who beat them.

If, god forbid, AS try it again with ENDF at the borders with Somalia. AS will manage to penetrate much easier, to my dismay :francis:

convincation

Soomaali waa Hawiyah Iyo Hashiyah
VIP
I wish to see the day that Somalis from all tribes and all 5 regions flood in to Godey if this happened. Inshallah one day these xabashis will face a united somaliweyn where we’d take what’s ours and more

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I wish to see the day that Somalis from all tribes and all 5 regions flood in to Godey if this happened. Inshallah one day these xabashis will face a united somaliweyn where we’d take what’s ours and more

Ethio don't stand a chance if we invade united, they will cry to cuba-russia-south yemen again. If their is no interference from foreign nations, everyone knows that we can beat them, so im not sure why we have such an obsession with them, we shud treat them like we do kenyans as siyad said 'we wont even send military to u guys but the police force'. We already proven we r the lions of africa, we shud just keep our head down and fix our nation.

Even their father meles was created by us in mogadishu, so their ethio-eritrea nation is our legacy and it's a direct copy of the somalia-djibouti model. Plus they copied our communism in 74 when we did it in 69. Even that DAM they brag was gonna be done by Siyad at Bardheere same with oil in PL/SL.

Pay attention @Abba Sadacha since u r the rulers now, learn history dont repeat it.

GemState

36/21
VIP
It won't. Not this century atleast, maybe our Ataturk will be born in the 2100s.

Trending

Latest posts