Ethiopian Troops to leave Somalia/AU Force extension

IKHALIIL

Suldhaanka
I can’t find the original live stream, it was on Facebook, but there stream was 1hr long of the SNA parade during the 62nd anniversary, that was minimum 20k troops sxb, and it didn’t include police or NISA
Highly unlikely that there would be that many soldiers available. There would be a maximum of maybe 1-3 thousand soldiers.

SNA is only military and comes under MoD while the police and nisa come under the MoIS.
the troops in Eritrean troops were 5000, turkey also trained 5000 for two years, NISA (top 10 best intelligence agency during 2017-2022) and the police were each in the thousands, and dufan were in the hundreds.
I already told you that only the eritrean trained troops are his to claim and we all saw how the scandal went down, everything else.
Him and khaire saved somalia from Hassan sheikh’s scum behaviour of attempting to have the country fall through corruption. Hassan had 10’000 ghost soldiers, their money was pocketed by politicians because those soldiers didn’t exist. With the help of khaire, they got rid of Hassan sheikhs SNA commanders which diverted funds elsewhere, assigned soldiers not able to fight as retired, and registered real soldiers.
Soldiers weren't always getting paid because I remember there were multiple mutinies where soldiers blocked the roads going into villa somalia causing disruptions to traffic.

Pastoralist

Dhib marku wah nokdo, Isku tiirsada
VIP
Highly unlikely that there would be that many soldiers available. There would be a maximum of maybe 1-3 thousand soldiers.
After watching this again, it seems closer to your number. They included Danab and the navy too.
I already told you that only the eritrean trained troops are his to claim and we all saw how the scandal went down, everything else.
He trained 10’000 ila 18’000. The numbers I’ve found suggest 10’000 armed forces from turkey and Eritrea, however uhuru complained to uk about Somalia going past its 18’000 troop limit under farmaajo. I’m not crediting him the pilots since they were training for 7 years, but they could be including Turkish trained police, our Danab, and navy. Which is how they may have arrived at “18’000”. Hassan sheikh stopped troops being sent to turkey for training for nearly two years to compare. Instead getting UAE Somali troops which amounted to nothing and Ugandan trained troops with poor minimal training. He became proper once he began sending to Eritrea and turkey again, but he’s still corrupt.
Soldiers weren't always getting paid because I remember there were multiple mutinies where soldiers blocked the roads going into villa somalia causing disruptions to traffic.
the men who were protesting weren’t ever in the SNA, money was being siphoned to them through corruption. The biometric system checked everyone.

I don't know if you can really compare Farmaajo and HSM. HSM is good at deal making and coalition building and Farmaajo is more of an effective state builder. HSM created the critical mass and Farmaajo applied the management and institutional logic and organization. Farmaajo though was ready to go to war with everyone which is a serious flaw.

1717374955426.png

AU PSC Meeting 2018
-------------
Two important things Farmaajo did was to undertake the readiness assessment and to create the first ever National Security Architecture both in 2017.

1717375166185.png

1717374565293.png

1717374436652.png

----------

If you had someone like HSM as President and Farmaajo as PM it would be an effective combo but HSM doens't like to surround himself with competent people and Farmaajo is just too power hungry for that.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Jubbaland and Southwest state seem to be against changes. Not looking good for FGS, Puntland and Somaliland also overruled Ethiopian ambassadors being kicked out from there state

Pastoralist

VIP
People calling this guy an Ethiopian by but he’s right. They’re getting rid of just one country when all atmis should be leaving. FGS thinks people are stupid by singing wadani card. If they cared about that, they’d be getting rid of KDF first and foremost.

18th January 2024

The US said specifically not to remove Ethiopian troops during 42 IGAD meeting.

Special Envoy for the Horn of Africa Mike Hammer said, "It is vital for Ethiopia and Somalia to remain focused on this shared security priority we urge both sides to avoid precipitous actions including related to existing Ethiopian force deployments in Somalia..."

5 & a half months later:

Less than one day after:
1717436319115.png

Fail Tom Hiddleston GIF

Last edited:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
18th January 2024

The US said specifically not to remove Ethiopian troops during 42 IGAD meeting.

Special Envoy for the Horn of Africa Mike Hammer said, "It is vital for Ethiopia and Somalia to remain focused on this shared security priority we urge both sides to avoid precipitous actions including related to existing Ethiopian force deployments in Somalia..."

5 & a half months later:

Less than one day after:
View attachment 330679

Fail Tom Hiddleston GIF

So, America is trying to influence the internal matters of Somalia.

Water is wet. Whats your opinion in ethiopians staying or leaving, Im curious.

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
People calling this guy an Ethiopian by but he’s right. They’re getting rid of just one country when all atmis should be leaving. FGS thinks people are stupid by singing wadani card. If they cared about that, they’d be getting rid of KDF first and foremost.

So we should welcome the country that has been the archnemesis of somalis since its inception. Great logic.

There was 20k cannon fodder in the country but now there will be 10k. Should be zero but life goes on.

The KGS admin was imposed by the gun and Im not seeing dimwit CBB idiots mentioning that. Your days are over, talking about somali politics in english is not changing anything.

Avalanche

Guul iyo Gobanimo
VIP
That's what happens when you get too comfortable and rely on outside forces. All these traitors need to wake up!

FGS should vigorously pursue the depature of ALL shisheyee in the country. If it wishes to be seen as legitimate.

There is literally no positive reason for any foregin presence in the country.

The only couple reasons some may stand to benefit from this is:

1. Corrupt officials using foreigners for their political gain i.e Madoobe, Laftagareen.

2. AU countries not wanting the western money to dry up.

3. Ironically AS benefits from the foreign presence in the country. It is great for recruitment and is a valid propaganda point against the goverment.

As mentioned the FGS should push for this relentlessly. Doesn't matter who is against it. America,AU, FMS, if your not acting like you sovereign then you can't call yourself madaxweyne or a nation.

I don't believe external factors will resist it too much. Since everyone agrees the Khawarij is the biggest fish to fry and further delegitimize the goverment will lead to bigger problems down the road.

Simply put you can't have Al-Shabaab eradicated as long as Somalia stays fragile.

It's not a big issue practically but politically it looks bad. Having to work with Ethiopia while they recognize "your" territory it's badly delegitimizing for the FGS. They should have seen this coming and played it differently.

My thinking is they should have recognized Somaliland and they could have avoided all this.

Recognize Somaliland and offer it a one-way resource share to enter into confederation. Then give Puntland a special arrangement, and go to war with everyone else. FGS chose war with every group which was dumb.

Pastoralist

VIP
So we should welcome the country that has been the archnemesis of somalis since its inception. Great logic.

There was 20k cannon fodder in the country but now there will be 10k. Should be zero but life goes on.

The KGS admin was imposed by the gun and Im not seeing dimwit CBB idiots mentioning that. Your days are over, talking about somali politics in english is not changing anything.
FGS begged ATMIS to stay. This whole thing is pathetic, politicizing foreign troops I mean. Tell them to all go instead of doing it for just one state you want under your control at the risk of giving AS strength.

Spare the wadani talk, Hassan sheikh was allied with Ethiopia under TPLF meles zanawi and attended their 40th anniversary in Addis Ababa. He called Zinawi “the great wise man and the leader of this part of the continent”. The dameer FGS also had secret talks with abiye gov in Kenya.

:mjlol:

Idk anything about SWS, except that Robow was in rehab. He was found for corruption of stealing funds as minister in FGS so it’s unfortunate that his downtime didn’t amount to much. I trust LG more because he’s not co founder of AS

Last edited:

Hassan Garguute Buldanana

AUG 25, 2023
VIP
Relying on fufu mercenaries has many problems. WTF has Madoobe been doing over a decade when kebab are still a stone throw from kismaayo? I don't think they will be ready even with 20 more years of Atmis.

World

VIP
f*ck it i say remove all ethiopian and kenyan troops, it’s been too long. Let al shabab take over or let the locals destroy them. Whatever happens, we need to get the ball rolling because nothing has changed last 10 years.

Pastoralist

VIP
f*ck it i say remove all ethiopian and kenyan troops, it’s been too long. Let al shabab take over or let the locals destroy them. Whatever happens, we need to get the ball rolling because nothing has changed last 10 years.
My thing is, all atmis were supposed to leave. That includes Uganda, Burundi, Djibouti, and all these other countries, these nacas expect me to celebrate when 1/6 countries is going, when we could’ve had 6/6 if their uncle didn’t cry to keep them in Somalia 🤨

I’ll take ENDF. But this government wants Bantu to stay 100 years and you have Hassan sheikhs kids in the thread singing kumbaya

Don't feed that troll waa doqon cadow mooda walaal. The CIA chief and the HoA envoy for Murica rushed to Somalia when that bs paper was signed. They convinced the FG not to remove them from the country without a plan for holding those FOBs. Now the the time has come for ATMIS to leave and the country is still not on its own legs and still fragmented. The FG made a request for new mission of 10k soldiers. Their mission will be to guard vital infrastructure like airports and ports while the SNA focuses on AS.