Extreme Islam: What makes a young British woman turn to Salafism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
His right about this one guys....let's face it!

:mjlol: But it's up to the individual on how they wish to be within their marriage, if a woman doesn't want to have sex she won't force herself to do it.

Unless she's married to a salafi...

Of course, I agree with you. It also states that a woman shouldn't travel (whether it means long distances or its general is open to interpretation) without a male relative but most Muslim women ignore this. People in every religion don't follow religion word for word all the time. However, you cannot refute the hardliners on religious grounds though.

Yes but this is actually preached and practiced. There's no such thing as rape in marriage in Muslim societies.

You guys shouldn't be saying that. Of course rape exists.

Your not reading the subtext- the woman has a choice, she can still refuse.

And the angles will curse her but it doesn't imply that Allah will or that she will go to hell for it!

Of course, I agree with you. It also states that a woman shouldn't travel (whether it means long distances or its general is open to interpretation) without a male relative but most Muslim women ignore this. People in every religion don't follow religion word for word all the time. However, you cannot refute the hardliners on religious grounds though.

Christians shouldn't eat swine but they still do or have sex before marriage.

All religions have some out dated things in it.

Their guidelines in those days it was dangerous for women to travel alone, if I'm being honest it still is dangerous.

Sex trafficking and rape/murders of unaccompanied females is a fact in this day and age too. In my eyes it's just a
Reminder that t would be safer for the females- again people have a choice.

If you and me went into a bar, I'm more likely to have my drink spiked and raped than you, although men do it get raped too.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
You guys shouldn't be saying that. Of course rape exists.

Your not reading the subtext- the woman has a choice, she can still refuse.

And the angles will curse her but it doesn't imply that Allah will or that she will go to hell for it!

Not true:

Ibn Khuzaymah and Ibn Hibbaan report a hadeeth narrated by Jaabir: “There are three whose prayers will not be accepted and none of whose good deeds will ascend to heaven: a runaway slave, until he returns to his master; a drunken man until he becomes sober; and a woman with whom her husband is angry, until he is pleased with her.”

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
We live in a topsy turvy world where not wanting a dayuus for a husband is treated like a sexual kink and outta the norm.

:damedamn:

I'm not a dhegacas or a hindi but c'mon @The_Cosmos dont be obtuse, most women across the globe want a man to be in the traditional role.

@nucleus good to have u back :salute:

Lol thx.
:damn: I think I went a bit too hard tonight. this thread was about salafis in th UK. :dead1:

Not true:

We'll I stand by what I said for myself.

You sound like my evangelical lunatic friend who always what's to ask about what certain controversial verses in the Quran say.

I'd rather my husband was happy with me if I was married anyway. But I will never jeopardise my self inorder to make him happy.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Christians shouldn't eat swine but they still do or have sex before marriage.

All religions have some out dated things in it.

Their guidelines in those days it was dangerous for women to travel alone, if I'm being honest it still is dangerous.

Sex trafficking and rape/murderous of unaccompanied females is a fact in this day and age too. In my eyes it's just a
Reminder that t would be safer for the females- again people have a choice.

I agree that religious people of all faiths don't always follow their religions to the core. I also agree that religions have outdated things within it. Point is, all these religions were progressive when they came about but now they're holding us back because they've outlived their historical relevance. Nonetheless, I disagree on the point about it being a choice (unless you mean it as a personal choice), Islam states you follow every rule regardless of how you feel about them.

I agree that religious people of all faiths don't always follow their religions to the core. I also agree that religions have outdated things within it. Point is, all these religions were progressive when they came about but now they're holding us back because they've outlived their historical relevance. Nonetheless, I disagree on the point about it being a choice (unless you mean it as a personal choice), Islam states you follow every rule regardless of how you feel about them.

Will I don't follow every rule and that will be between me and god.

If I refused my husband sex, I wouldn't give a toss I wouldn't care.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
We'll I stand by what I said for myself.

You sound like my evangelical lunatic friend who always what's to ask about what certain controversial verses in the Quran say.

I'd rather my husband was happy with me if I was married anyway. But I will never jeopardise my self inorder to make him happy.

I was only correcting you on the premise that it doesn't effect your afterlife. If your husband demands sex and you refuse, making him angry, your prayer and good deeds will not be accepted.

I was only correcting you on the premise that it doesn't effect your afterlife. If your husband demands sex and you refuse, making him angry, your prayer and good deeds will not be accepted.

:siilaanyolaugh::siilaanyolaugh:

You are funny hahahahahaha

You Shaitaan

I will be judged by Allah, and I will try and live a righteous life

VixR

Veritas
Dayuus:dead:

That funny word again.

Here's my take. I'd want an even-handed man who's not threatened by a career or the occasional disagreement bc it is inevitable. Someone who's preaching obedience, of all things, from the start has no appeal. It's an absurd criteria.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
We live in a topsy turvy world where not wanting a dayuus for a husband is treated like a sexual kink and outta the norm.

:damedamn:

I'm not a dhegacas or a hindi but c'mon @The_Cosmos dont be obtuse, most women across the globe want a man to be in the traditional role.

Lol thx.
:damn: I think I went a bit too hard tonight. this thread was about salafis in th UK. :dead1:

I would argue on the contrary. The term 'traditional' has many different variations and depends on the society with which you live. For example, women in the west fought a long and hard battle for equality against the supposed 'traditional' role they were given.

To make matters simpler, I'll say this. If you wish to live in a traditional family, you're free to do so, however, let us refrain from a state like Saudi Arabia that imposes everything word for word.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP

Don't make up nonsense :mjlol:

I like how you just sidestep any reciprocal evidence of men being ORDERED to please their wives sexually in much more harsh terms. But somehow you don't extrapolate them going to hell for not pleasing their wives in bed. :russ:

Goodnight. I think I'm done debating about marriage with a pretentious 19 year old atheist I need to do better. :ivers:

Dayuus:dead:

That funny word again.

Here's my take. I'd want an even-handed man who's not threatened by a career or the occasional disagreement bc it is inevitable. Someone who's preaching obedience, of all things, from the start has no appeal. It's an absurd criteria.
68379410.jpg

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Don't make up nonsense :mjlol:

I like how you just sidestep any reciprocal evidence of men being ORDERED to please their wives sexually in much more harsh terms. But somehow you don't extrapolate them going to hell for not pleasing their wives in bed. :russ:

Goodnight. I think I'm done debating about marriage with a pretentious 19 year old atheist I need to do better. :ivers:

I provided sources for my claims and you provided none. Unless of course you have none. Men don't get judged by the same standards as women in Islam, that should be clear by now.

I'm not pretentious at all. You kept making claims whilst refusing to back them up with facts. Also, no need to resort to petty insults.

Hey, I'm with you! I'm a humanist and I will be the first to reiterate that women are not the slaves of men who should obey them. I was just clarifying the Islamic perspectives.

But woman aren't slaves in islam.

Anyway at the end of the day their are submissive omega types and their are betas and I am an alpha.

I will only be with an alpha -beta male who will concede to me on matters I find important and I too his if I agree.

It all depends on the individuals, some like to be lead and will marry accordingly and will be obedient to their spouse because it pleases them.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
But woman aren't slaves in islam.

Anyway at the end of the day their are submissive omega types and their are betas and I am an alpha.

I will only be with an alpha -beta male who will concede to me on matters I find important and I too his if I agree.

It all depends on the individuals, some like to be lead and will marry accordingly and will be obedient to their spouse because it pleases them.

They're not literal slaves but metaphorically so. A slave must be obedient and a woman must be obedient.

Yes, I agree with the rest. It's simply people choosing to live as best they could rather than sticking to rules they don't feel comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.