favorite vs worst somali accent

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I happened to witness firsthand FOB shukaansi in Sweden, these people were dropping mad words like:
Nolosheyda, riyadii nafteyda, malebkeyga, indhaheyga.

Looool. What?

The other two sound like what Arabs say. They say "my eyes", "my life" to each other as endearments.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I'm sorry, context doesn't help there. Your brother being abowe and then calling your S/O abowe is cringey.

I have a problem with the word "daddy" in realtionships, too. That word has already been claimed and holds special value and a specific meaning.

I think that would've been a better comparison to make than MF'er, but I think that's cringey as well and a probable red flag, in my opinion.
You find it cringey but things have their cultural context, same way guys in the west find it really gay to hold their friend's hand while back home it's normal. Some people like saying daddy, others papi and some say abowe, never really cared myself.
:manny:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
malabkeyga

i fucking skimmed all that shit

didn't process a single one

my brain's rejecting the cringe :lolbron:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
You find it cringey but things have their cultural context, same way guys in the west find it really gay to hold their friend's hand while back home it's normal. Some people like saying daddy, others papi and some say abowe, never really cared myself.
:manny:

yo

f*ck those girls in literally every single culture

that ain't cool :ummhmm:

fucking ew

we need our own word for babe or something

diaspora get cracking and get creative. i'm sure we can come up with something.

i mean f*ck it, we got kawal to spread like wildfire, how hard can affectionate nomenclatures even be?

I ain't calling my wife babe or soft shit in somali, "Naa kaalay, adi iyo dabodaada buuran" ayaan orandoona:birdman:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I like the standard accent I hear on BBC and VOA. I dislike the extreme accents, be they Southie or Waqooyi.

VixR

Veritas
When my ancient first car breathed it's last, I used to carpool with a friend on the way to work before I could replace it. Dude coworker of mine, after seeing me get dropped off quite a few times without actually seeing the driver, actually eventually asked me if that was my suga-daddy! My mouth dropped. Must've the black-on-black on tinted look, but it was a goddamn KIA lol! That was when I started calling his gf KitchenAid, after he told me about buying her a KitchenAid mixer due to her love of baking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts