favorite vs worst somali accent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Somali clan's accent.

Abgaal: Muluqyo. igaar.
Xawadle: Eemboow. Bacowgan cuurka leg.
Habargidir: Jaamacal qur'anka walee iyo bilee. Cabdalle iyo cawareero.

Majeerten: Are bowe makaa dhab baa
Ogaden: Agah. Owowgii la hun

And more...

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Macanoow you're the moos to my bariis, the hilib Ari to my maraq, the xalwa to my kaxwa. Mar kasto Aan ku arko wadnaha dhag dhag I dhaahow.

Ari boowe maxa meshaan kadhacaya. :lolbron:

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Any accent that I'm not used to sounds weird to me. I like the standard south accent, I don't like the northern accents nor the abgaal/reer lamar accents or the rahanweyn accents.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
my mom and her family are from beidoa

their accent is so nice and soft

my uncles half sound like they're singing. thoroughly beta-male status, but nice all the same.

but that hardly feels like an accent, more like a method of speaking.

:dead:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I like all the accents tbh, i appreciate the diversity and it's always good for a laugh when two Somalis are thoroughly confused by each other

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Naaya. Waryaa. Yaroow.

Southie: Dooro. North: Digaag.

Hawiye: Xeey tahay. Xaa rabtaa

Darood: Waa maxay. Heedhe muxuu yidhi

iidoor: Waaxeey. Waar noow

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
And sweet words. I've heard the following sorry for spelling

Macanto
Sokorow,
Lulo
Caddey
Indwo roon

And I think it's super romantic when a man calls his wife abayoo and she calls him abowee. It's just something sweet about it.

Apollo

VIP
All these divergent dialects in greater Somalia are caused by low literacy rates and a lack of a strong central authority regulating the language through the education system.

The media isn't helping either, as every fucktard spells how he wants.

Southie: qawdhanow baahi ba ihaya

North: baahi ah? Warya iikirow sawtu ilaahi nolosha kunimceyey

south:aboowe nolosha uman jeedin, yacni rashiin aan dalbano nooh.

North: wuxuu garacsana, niinyo maxaad gaajo odhan waydey. Ninkii calooleh ilaahi ha mahad celiyo, kaaguna dhulkaad kujiideysa.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
There's Galbeed, Waqooyi has a few accents, Reer Bari accent, Reer Mudug accent, Banaadiri, "xaayo" accent, Waamo accent, anything missing?

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
There's Galbeed, Waqooyi has a few accents, Reer Bari accent, Reer Mudug accent, Banaadiri, "xaayo" accent, Waamo accent, anything missing?

Hiran has an accent, there's 10 different accents in lower shabelle alone. In NFD I know there's at least three, reer jilib and jamaame have accents that most here wouldn't understand, jabouti has their own unique accent.

Then there's like several different versions of maay.

I doubt anyone has heard even half of the accents tho because muqdishu, gaalcakyo and hargeisa are probably the accents mostly heard in the media.

I would say every city has its own distinct accent/ words/ slang. Galkacyo garowe & bosaaso are all diff. Same with laascanood burco erigabo.

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
Fave accent: xamar (all versions)
Followed closely by jubboyinka accents (easiest for me to understand and they speak in a soft spoken gentle way)

Least fave: I hate the excessive use of dh it's sounds like af Hindi, but otherwise I don't mind any accent.

On second thought: say Wallahi diaspora somali makes me cringe so I'll go with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts