Fossil Sites in Somali regions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NaomiHoney

There is an area behind my house back home. There's loads of fossil looking stuff on the ground

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
We need Somali archeologists.
God knows what's buried under our lands.

Support Dr. Sada Mire :rejoice:

sl-sada.jpg

We need Somali archeologists.
God knows what's buried under our lands.

The potential is really Great tbh.

Local tradition holds that in some areas, entire cities were interred..

It’s also more probable that some mastaba-like structures will be unearthed.

Youve seen the pictures of the puntite scultptures. Right?
http://www.somalispot.com/threads/the-mystery-of-the-land-of-punt-unravelled-–-book-review.1099/

The funny part is, they found those particular Puntite statuettes and implements only one meter below ground, and in the very first spot that they excavated. Ahmed indicates that they were able to efficiently pinpoint a suitable digging location thanks to the help of a young Sufi gentleman, who had some weird contact with duule kale.

Last edited:
Support Dr. Sada Mire :rejoice:

sl-sada.jpg
That's just great wallahi.
I hope the sister will be an inspiration to a lot of young Somalis.
What's under our lands can hold the answers to vital questions regarding the origin, identity and history of our people.

The potential is really Great tbh.

Local tradition holds that in some areas, entire cities were interred..

It’s also more probable that some mastaba-like structures will be unearthed.

Youve seen the pictures of the puntite scultptures. Right?
http://www.somalispot.com/threads/the-mystery-of-the-land-of-punt-unravelled-–-book-review.1099/

The funny part is, they found those particular Puntite statuettes and implements only one meter below ground, and in the very first spot that they excavated. Ahmed indicates that they were able to efficiently pinpoint a suitable digging location thanks to the help of a young Sufi gentleman, who had some weird contact with duule kale.
That's amazing brother.
This is a field with a great importance.

That's is amazing brother.
This is a field with a great importance.

Yes It really is there is undoubtedly many other artifacts that will be discovered once major excavations are launched. Probably even entire monuments if they dig deep enough.

Inshallah, it will answer many questions.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
I heard the British and Italian did some archaeology digs, but they kept most of the finds to themselves. Somalia has a long history so I wouldn't be surprised if their was many artifacts found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts