Getting Tired of being asked, “Somali miyaad tahay”

lmfao it has its use and it's nice :pachah1: For the most part is just a simple nod of acknowledgment or sometimes a conversation depending on the situation
So no one looks at you funny? And you know Somalis bro, they stare like a mothafucka! I speak Af Somali, and they reply back in English. It takes a few seconds for them to register that I’m actually speaking SOMALI!

AbdiFreedom

Save 🇨🇦 from Mass Punjabi Invasion
Staff Member
You sound just like the old guys at the local restaurants I visit, after having a discussion with them in Af Somali they usually end the conversation with, “Haye, qolomaa tahay” :mjlaugh:

I don't do that. If I need to know anyone's clan, I ask my hooyo or someone who knows them that I can trust. So what's your clan?

Interestingly enough, the lightest skin Somalis I know are a Marexaan and a Hawadle and a Elaay. But they clearly looked Somali due to their big lips that can't close and big foreheads.
I’m guessing Hawaadle are incorporated Hawiyes? Genetically they are distant but politically they are HAG.

AbdiFreedom

Save 🇨🇦 from Mass Punjabi Invasion
Staff Member
I’m guessing Hawaadle are incorporated Hawiyes? Genetically they are distant but politically they are HAG.

Has nothing to do with that. Somalis are darkest the closest they are to the coast. It's a region thing. The landlocked clans are the lightest.

GuanYu

Custom title
I wanna keep it in the family too! I’m looking for gabar ina adeertey ah oo aan dhaqaaleysto :mjlaugh:
Inshallah, I mean you guys are more reer magaal so wouldn't be an issue, If i want a reer adeer, I must go deep onto the road to Saakow or Faafaxhduun :pachah1:

Marshall D Abdi

Know you’re place peasant
Mfs talk shit behind my back thinking im some other bs ethnic but then their eyes lit up when i reply back in af somali

nacalaaa then they start apologizing

Trending