Haile Selassie had haplogroup T-L208

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘
There were a lot of Somalis who settled in the Ethiopian Highlands before and after the conquest of Abyssinia. I may drop some stuff I’ve been keeping in the backburner if this is all true.

EritreanPost_

EritreanPost 🇪🇷🇩🇯🇸🇴🇸🇩🇪🇬 |Eritrean news blogger
Who conquered galbeed again? it was the British
The british and the ethiopians conquered Galbeed. King Menelik added eastern zone to Ethiopia (Harar+Galbeed) of course with the help of the british.

Ethiopia also annexed Djibouti before the french colonized them

during the end of 19th the Ethiopian empire was at its stongest level. Most territiries were annexedvat that time

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
The british and the ethiopians conquered Galbeed. King Menelik added eastern zone to Ethiopia (Harar+Galbeed) of course with the help of the british.

Ethiopia also annexed Djibouti before the french colonized them

during the end of 19th the Ethiopian empire was at its stongest level. Most territiries were annexedvat that time
The darvish destroyed the aidtopians and took hararge from them, they only took Harar with help of British then the job was done by the British taking galbeed alone by dividing the clans, the clan in galbeed didn't even know they were under Ethiopia tills 60s their power was that weak, i don't know about djbouti, waryaa is it true @Khaemwaset

EritreanPost_

The darvish destroyed the aidtopians and took hararge from them, they only took Harar with help of British then the job was done by the British taking galbeed alone by dividing the clans, the clan in galbeed didn't even know they were under Ethiopia tills 60s their power was that weak, i don't know about djbouti, waryaa is it true @Khaemwaset

Walal Ethiopia was always fighting its wars and expansion witg support of the westerners.

they fought with portugese against Adal, and they fought in Galbeed with the british like they did in 2006 with american air power.

Thats how they got Eritrea Djibouti and Galbeed annexed.

The lands of Ciise were annexed by Ethiopia. And to what I know Ethiopian King Menelik signed a pact with France to lease Djibouti for 99 years to france. Then Ethiopia supposed to annex Djibouti in 1977.

Attachments

• IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 12

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Walal Ethiopia was always fighting its wars and expansion witg support of the westerners.

they fought with portugese against Adal, and they fought in Galbeed with the british like they did in 2006 with american air power.

The lands of Ciise were annexed by Ethiopia. And to what I know Ethiopian King Menelik signed a pact with France to lease Djibouti for 99 years to france. Then Ethiopia supposed to annex Djibouti in 1977.
This isn't factually incorrect brother, Ethiopia has never ruled Djibouti directly, they never had the power to hold onto it, they were to busy staying in power in their serfdom, based on my understanding, Zeila and the surrounding areas, including what is now Djibouti City, were ruled by the Adal Kingdom from around 900 to 1285, followed by the Ifat Sultanate from 1285 to 1415. After that, the Adal Sultanate reemerged and controlled the region from 1415 until 1577. The Ottoman Empire then took over from 1577 to 1867, and finally, the French ruled the area from 1883 until Djibouti's independence in 1977.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP

That's ethiopian propaganda. French Somaliland came from Ciise ugaas and Afar Sultan signing land to build a French protectorate on the coast
Screenshot_20240923_162902_Wikipedia.jpg
Screenshot_20240923_162924_Wikipedia.jpg

Screenshot_20240923_163648_Wikipedia.jpg

Screenshot_20240923_163006_Samsung Internet.jpg

This was also a treaty signed with the Ugaas of Samaroon in 25th March 1885. Long before menelik.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Emir of Zayla

𝕹𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖔𝖋 𝕻𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖘

Ethiopia didn’t conquer Galbeed, it was ceded to them by the British who demarcated the borders of Somalia-Ethiopia in the 1940s. We know that most raiding parties sent from Ethiopia to Ogaden ended in complete failure and humiliation.
Screenshot_20240729-213133_Gallery.png

Somali Sultans after Abyssinia took Harar were already planning on uniting their forces of over 50,000 men and leading a Jihad into the Highlands to take back Muslim lands but were stopped by the British, French and Italians who embargoed them from importing modern weaponry into the Somali peninsula

This was from the British consulate of Aden: “The bearer of this message is Abdulah from Harar, a man I have known for some time and in whom one can trust. He assures me that Sultan Osman Mahmud of Ras Hafun (Alula) and Sultan Yusuf Ali of Obbia (Hobyo) have been aiming for a long time to make a large expedition against Harar, they ascertain that in nine days they could be at the frontier of Ogaden and would cross the Ogaden in fifteen. The expedition would take no more than a month from departure to arrival before Harar. The two Sultans assure that all the Somali tribes would agree to join them as they have been urged by the Ogaden tribes and others to march together against Ras Makkonen’s troops.”
IMG_3272.jpeg

Ethiopia also annexed Djibouti before the french colonized them.
And to what I know Ethiopian King Menelik signed a pact with France to lease Djibouti for 99 years to france. Then Ethiopia supposed to annex Djibouti in 1977.
Ethiopia never annexed Djibouti ever, Ethiopia also never had the authority to “lease” Djibouti to France because they never once in their history controlled the country. 😂

Last edited:

EritreanPost_

This isn't factually incorrect brother, Ethiopia has never ruled Djibouti directly, they never had the power to hold onto it, they were to busy staying in power in their serfdom, based on my understanding, Zeila and the surrounding areas, including what is now Djibouti City, were ruled by the Adal Kingdom from around 900 to 1285, followed by the Ifat Sultanate from 1285 to 1415. After that, the Adal Sultanate reemerged and controlled the region from 1415 until 1577. The Ottoman Empire then took over from 1577 to 1867, and finally, the French ruled the area from 1883 until Djibouti's independence in 1977.
@NidarNidar @Khaemwaset. Your could be rights, it could be Ethiopian propaganda

but Ethiopian history books and western countries claim Ethiopia handed over Djibouti to France and signed an agreement with France to gain Djibouti after 99years agreement is finished.

So you guys could be right

EritreanPost_

Make sure the author isn't Ethiopia, these idiots have been editing Wikipedias, luckily for us, there are a lot of sources on our behalf.
Well walal you right Djibouti wasn’t annexed but parts of the lands of the cisse and of some Afars were incorporated into modern day Ethiopia.

but you guys are right there is a lot of misinformation.
My father was born in Ethiopia. He also told me Ethiopians claim they owned Djibouti and handed it over to France during the agreement between Menelik and the France

Last edited:

Ashraf

🌊🐫𐒅𐒔𐒖𐒂 𐒅𐒘𐒐𐒐𐒗𐒇🇸🇴🪽
That's ethiopian propaganda. French Somaliland came from Ciise ugaas and Afar Sultan signing land to build a French protectorate on the coast
View attachment 343691View attachment 343692
View attachment 343699
View attachment 343693

This was also a treaty signed with the Ugaas of Samaroon in 25th March 1885. Long before menelik.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If it was jointly signed by afar and Somalis. Why was it called French Somaliland. I thought the French imported afar to manipulate the independence vote.

NidarNidar

♚Sargon of Adal♚
VIP
Well walal you right Djibouti wasn’t annexed but parts of the lands of the cisse and of some Afars were incorporated into modern day Ethiopia.

but you guys are right there is a lot of misinformation.
My father was born in Ethiopia. He also told me Ethiopians claim they owned Djibouti and handed it over to France during the agreement between Menelik and the France
It's probably what they taught in school, same can be said about Oromos claiming Somali cities due to some 19th century historian writing down Somali oral history claiming to be Arab, we need multiple sources to point us to the truth.

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
If it was jointly signed by afar and Somalis. Why was it called French Somaliland. I thought the French imported afar to manipulate the independence vote.
Idk it was part of the Somali peninsular and afars kinda irrelevant. The city and port that was the only thing in the protectorate was in Somali territory. Everything else was barren.

But then we had Somalia form and djibouti had a wave of somali nationalism and wanted to join djibouti with somalia. The afars hated us and wanted to stay a french colony. So france imported afar from ethiopia and expelled ciise in the 1967 referendum. As a reward it was changed from French Somaliland to the "French territory of Afars and Issa" They never called us ciise before instead of Somali. This was deliberate to try make us separate from other Somali. The french never named any afar clans like Asaimara.