Half Somali half South African girl shares her experience ( reddit post )

Could he speak Somali? Usually if the mixed person can speak the language, is integrated culturally and can pass for Somali look-wise they're fully accepted. I have half Yemeni cousins (father is Yemeni) and they're treated like regular Somalis. They married Somalis and are completely integrated into the community, you wouldn't think they're mixed either since their looks pretty much fit the Somali phenotype spectrum (we have plenty of natural lightskins).
He spoke very broken Somali and looked much closer to Arab than he did Somali, maybe he could pass for barawani. It’s not about skin colour though, it’s more facial features that don’t fit the Somali look.

In the end of the day you’re right though, the ones who look Somali anyway won’t have much trouble.

Nin123

Defender of chubby Xalimos 👑
VIP

Saw this post on Reddit thought it was interesting she shared her experience living in the Somali community in SA she wants to go to somalia to visit family but is unsure there’s a bunch of other mixed people in the comments giving their experiences as well what do you guys think ?
South African women are beautiful due to mixing with whites and khoisan people.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
poor sister, i want her to know that she is accepted and loved. the negative she received is not normal. in real life half somalis have great experience with their somali side :)

Nin123

Defender of chubby Xalimos 👑
VIP
The only ones who mixed with the whites are the coloureds,most black South Africans are of Bantu stock
No, they all have tiny amount of white blood and white South African have small amount of black blood.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
BLM halimos really need to stop lying to these girls. If you don't look Somali, acceptance will be hard. Your setting them up for disappointment. I am not against them but Somalis back home wont be so sensitive

BLM halimos really need to stop lying to these girls. If you don't look Somali, acceptance will be hard. Your setting them up for disappointment. I am not against them but Somalis back home wont be so sensitive
Some parts of Somalia are way too based. She would probably be chilling in Xamar though.

You’re right that it’s better for those who’s father is Somali but let’s not act like they’re welcome with open arms in the Somali community, I knew a guy who was half Yemeni (his father was Somali) and he still looked quite Somali (more like a barawani but still) people would look at him like he didn’t belong and wasn’t a part of the community, so it’s not all sunshine and rainbows for mixed Somali kids period.

They’ll be completely denied as Somali and rejected by the community if the mother is Somali and they’ll never really fit in and be seen as different if their father is Somali. We’re just a xenophobic people period.

Anyone who doesn’t look like us will get the suspicious looks period, we’ve always been this way, an inwards xenophobic people who don’t allow non-Somalis into our community, we literally use abtirsi to make sure there’s no fake Somalis in our circles lol. Just the sad truth.
To point out the common saying “you are what your father is” wouldn’t be xenophobic or prejudiced, I wouldn’t have a problem if they said “I have Somali ancestry from my mother but I’m so and so” but saying “im Somali because my mother is” just reeks of cringe, idk any other group which takes such liberty with that statement

To point out the common saying “you are what your father is” wouldn’t be xenophobic or prejudiced, I wouldn’t have a problem if they said “I have Somali ancestry from my mother but I’m so and so” but saying “im Somali because my mother is” just reeks of cringe, idk any other group which takes such liberty with that statement
And you’re setting yourself up to get hated on by other Somalis because they’ll see it as an affront, but most don’t realise how it could be seen as such.

Trending

Latest posts