Help me devise a year long diet

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Final recommendation when you master diet and cooking for yourself. Add 30-45 min of strenght training. And also try to walk 10k steps. I used to do alot of hard running outside but increased my appetite like crazy and caused injuries. now i do 3.2 mph on treadmill at 10% incline for 30-45 min. I watch my shows burn calories and also dont get as hungry or injured

Oh, damn. Only saw this now. It's very simple, bro. Eat all of the following until you are full and can't eat anymore:

• Fatty, gelatinous, bony cuts of red meats
  • Skin-on cuts of chicken and other poultry
  • Eggs
  • Seafood (fish, shrimp, oysters etc.)
  • Animal cooking fats: butter/ghee, tallow, duck fat and suet
  • Zero to extremely low carb cheeses (<1-2grams lactose per 100 grams)

Limit the following if being very lean is your goal and you're not super active:

• Milk, yogurts, yogurt drinks, higher carb cheeses and sour-cream
  • Non-fish seafood with high glycogen stores like scallops (look 'em up nutrition content wise)
  • Cheeses in general might be under this too. I'd experiment with them and just see but, theoretically, if they're very low-carb they really shouldn't do anything to your body-composition

Avoid altogether:

• Anything processed/in a box beyond simple dairy processing like yogurt, cheese etc
  • Anything plant-based
  • Plant-based oils

Preferably 1-2 meals per day around the window of 3-9PM and get plenty of sleep.

Workout routine:

Really up to you, man. Just research on YouTube. I prefer full-body 2-4 times per week or upper-lower splits 2-4 times per week (1 day workout, 1 day rest, 1 day workout, 1 day rest and so on and so forth). I tend to emphasize heavy-ish compound lifts, calisthenics incrementally built-up with becoming weighted, some targeted dumbbell exercises for areas like my arms and some bodyweight calisthenics for areas like my abs or my whole body some days that are semi-rest days. Good YouTubers I've encountered for workout ideas can be people like:

Though their diet advice tends to vary from meh to horrendous and I'd ignore them in that respect.
Thoughts on sweet potatoes and red potatoes? Bought a few and enjoying them so far. Also, I find it difficult to get good sleep in the summer since Isha is quite late(after 10pm) and Fajr is early(before 3am).

jazak Allahu khairan bro. Really appreciate this amazing advice and I'll try buying some animal fats and eggs tomorrow.

Calculate BMR (calories neede to exist and maintain). used 24 male 180 cm 85 kg. input your own data and do math

0.5kg of fat accounts for about 3,500 calories of energy. if you want to lose 2 kg a month should go for . 5kg a week. 3500/7= 500 calorie deficit per day. So you should aim for 1300 calories of food per day. Weight loss is mostly diet you cant outrun and outlift a bad diet. glazed donut for example has 400 calories thats like 1 hour + on treadmill.

View attachment 331079
Yeah sugar is a waste of calories and I gotta force myself to be without it in shaa Allah

You could build up to that or better in 6 months to a year. Maybe a bit shorter if you're a beginner and really push the progressive overloading and have a good workout plan. As for portions, I personally do one meal a day most days (OMAD) and consume about 1.5-2lb of some form of red meat and 1.5-1lb of chicken (usually drumsticks) or I'll have something like 12 eggs and 1lb of ground meat with a generous amount of butter or get a whole rotisserie chicken at a place like Whole Foods with some cheese sometimes lately as an experiment. My meal variations never really cost me more than 8-12 USD a day.

The meats are the tricky part, walaal. You have to 1) maybe be willing to bend around the idea of the meat not being halal and 2) really search on platforms like instacart or around your area at halal and non-halal places for good deals. I found a place that sells chicken drumsticks at just a smidgen over 1 dollar a pound, for example. I pay no more than 11 dollars or so for 9lbs of chicken drumsticks that are large and good quality. Steal. Gotta be savvy and don't obsess over beef like a lot of carnivores do. Goat, lamb, turkey and duck are mostly just as good.

Bro your posts are very informative and I wish you would make a sticky thread called "The Nomad diet", would be very useful.

But just a brotherly advice it's not worth it to eat haram just because it's cheaper. You are what you eat, and eating halal meat is a form of worship and full of blessing. Remember the hadith of a person travelling and is in need and raises his hands in supplication? The Prophet s.a.w said how can his dua be answered when the clothes/foods he eats are haraam.

The less halal is more bountiful than the haram no matter how great it is.

Best way to lose fat quick is going on a Keto diet, reduce carbs and increase protein as much as possible. Your body will adjust to burning fat instead of carbs in a few weeks.
1718116556182.png

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
I eat the same and dropped 25 pounds in 2 months of cutting.

Healthy eating + calorie deficit + drinking lots of water + jog/walking and hitting 10k steps consistently does wonders.
💪. That’s good cut. Have to put in work to see results. A lot of people underestimate how much they eat. Using scale and tracking calories is mind blowing 🤯. I was eating like 3-4k calories a day when I used to eat out. Now a days I’m around 1400 calories and feel fuller eating Whole Foods. Mostly chicken breast, beans, chia,, yogurt, avocado, and low sugar fruits like berries. I try to avoid super sweet stuff like mangos and banana.

Yami

Trudeau Must Go #CCP2025
VIP
💪. That’s good cut. Have to put in work to see results. A lot of people underestimate how much they eat. Using scale and tracking calories is mind blowing 🤯. I was eating like 3-4k calories a day when I used to eat out. Now a days I’m around 1400 calories and feel fuller eating Whole Foods. Mostly chicken breast, beans, chia,, yogurt, avocado, and low sugar fruits like berries. I try to avoid super sweet stuff like mangos and banana.
LMAO ARE YOU ME NIGGA? I also had that same revelation regarding calorie tracking when I first got my food scale. Absolutely horrifying.

now I’m eating 1400 calories + consuming whole foods and planning to switch to 2100 once I reach my goal weight of 160. For fruits I eat slices of watermelon. Pretty fulling and very low cal count

Keep it a boqol

All Praise Be To Allah In Every Situation!!!
VIP
What do you estimate your body fat percentage is?

I’d recommend you do a body recomp. If you have a lot of body fat you can burn fat and gain muscle at the same time

in order to do that you need to eat at a caloric deficit of 500 calories below your maintence expectations level and have protein eat 0.8- 1 lb of protein per body weight

download the all my fitness pal and you should start counting macros. you’ll get lean but also use that extra fat to build muscle making your physique overall better

you can also find a muscle building routine in the internet as well. the goal is to progressively overload meaning each workout group you should aim to be doing more reps or more weight and increasing your lifts

there is no secret diet or foods to magically lose weight. the key to losing weight is to eat less calories then what your body needs at maintenance

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP

I’d recommend you do a body recomp. If you have a lot of body fat you can burn fat and gain muscle at the same time

in order to do that you need to eat at a caloric deficit of 500 calories below your maintence expectations level and have protein eat 0.8- 1 lb of protein per body weight

download the all my fitness pal and you should start counting macros. you’ll get lean but also use that extra fat to build muscle making your physique overall better

you can also find a muscle building routine in the internet as well. the goal is to progressively overload meaning each workout group you should aim to be doing more reps or more weight and increasing your lifts

there is no secret diet or foods to magically lose weight. the key to losing weight is to eat less calories then what your body needs at maintenance
Most people that overweight probably 30% plus. If you under 20% it’s good target lean body

1720723629325.jpeg

Keep it a boqol

VIP
Most people that overweight probably 30% plus. If you under 20% it’s good target lean body

View attachment 334149
look at this indians guys body recompostion

just by eating at a deficit protein rich and having a consistent workout schedule with progressive overload he lost a lot of the gut and developed a stronger more athletic looking build

look at this indians guys body recompostion

just by eating at a deficit protein rich and having a consistent workout schedule with progressive overload he lost a lot of the gut and developed a stronger more athletic looking build
He’s Indian so he has a lot to work with considering their genes I think he juiced in the journey

Keep it a boqol

VIP
He’s Indian so he has a lot to work with considering their genes I think he juiced in the journey
dude 4.6 months of consistent hard work in the gym, a decent caloric deficit and a diet high in protein can achieve this and much more. I don’t think he juiced broski

Honesty I'm probably around 25%

Back in 2019 I hopped on a diet and dropped to 75kg. I then slightly bulked to 83kg and had a good deal of muscle with lots of fat lost. I then did a dumb bulk and here we are today lol.

Alhamdulillah since making this post the cut is going well calorically. On a good day, I'll have a caloric deficit consisting of natural foods(butter, beef/chicken/fish, eggs, whey, fruit). On other days, I'll have a not so good day filled with processed food, but a deficit nonetheless. in shaa Allah I'll hit my goal by the winter

The posts in this thread have been a real eye opener. I had no idea how much tastier healthy foods are when cooked in animal fats.

Keep it a boqol

VIP
Honesty I'm probably around 25%

Back in 2019 I hopped on a diet and dropped to 75kg. I then slightly bulked to 83kg and had a good deal of muscle with lots of fat lost. I then did a dumb bulk and here we are today lol.

Alhamdulillah since making this post the cut is going well calorically. On a good day, I'll have a caloric deficit consisting of natural foods(butter, beef/chicken/fish, eggs, whey, fruit). On other days, I'll have a not so good day filled with processed food, but a deficit nonetheless. in shaa Allah I'll hit my goal by the winter

The posts in this thread have been a real eye opener. I had no idea how much tastier healthy foods are when cooked in animal fats.
mashallah may allah keep you healthy and strong
Make sure you keep doing oregressive over load and train hard with the weights and eat a lot of protein. you want to keep and build muscle mass while losing fat which is the most optimal

i always advocate to get lean, as it makes your muscles look nicer and then clean bulk while staying lean. It helps with mental health and fitness as well as confidence

Today I had:
  • 200g minced beef
  • Few grams of butter
  • 3/4 of an onion
  • Baby potatoes 100-150g
  • Sweet potato 1-200g
  • Can of tuna

• 300g Greek yoghurt
  • 1 tsp manuka honey
  • Pineapple slices
  • 2 green apples
  • 70g whey

~2000-2200 calories

Pretty solid as far as taste and satiety goes. In shaa Allah will stick with this template until February

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
Today I had:
  • 200g minced beef
  • Few grams of butter
  • 3/4 of an onion
  • Baby potatoes 100-150g
  • Sweet potato 1-200g
  • Can of tuna

• 300g Greek yoghurt
  • 1 tsp manuka honey
  • Pineapple slices
  • 2 green apples
  • 70g whey

~2000-2200 calories

Pretty solid as far as taste and satiety goes. In shaa Allah will stick with this template until February
You doing weights ? And how much you lose last 4 months