High-Forehead is a sign of intelligence & Beauty

Somalis back home don't care, but diasporans are surrounded by communities whose hairlines lick their eyebrows, who try to make Somalis feel bad about themselves, to deflect from their own issues.

What's wrong with a high-forehead, it helps balance someone's features, and it is also a sign of intelligence, backed up by research. So, please, stop being insecure about it, and embrace the fact that you come from a long line of people who purposefully married each other, because they wanted high intelligence in their bloodline.

Stop letting these others make you feel bad about something that Allah SWT blessed you with.

Director of the Centre for Cognitive Ageing and Cognitive Epidemiology (CCACE) at Edinburgh University, Professor Ian Deary, told Neuroscience News that cognition might also be influenced by body shape.

"In addition to there being shared genetics influences between cognitive skills and some physical and mental health states, the study also found that cognitive skills share genetic influences with brain size, body shape and educational attainments," he said.

At some point, in Europe, they would pluck their hairline to achieve the look of a high forehead. So, force these people to adapt to YOUR beauty standards if they dare comment on it negatively.

This lady also shaved her forehead to get a more 'West European' appearance, instead of the Asiatic appearance she had naturally.

1729353536200.png

Last edited:
I was bullied in secondary school because of my forehead although it isn't very big. It did take a toll on me as the years went by but thanks for the post. I'm learning to appreciate what Allah gave me and is time we all do.

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP
In black america and its barbershop culture hairline is king. The culture is spreading to black Europeans due to hip hop. And now it’s even spreading to other races because of things like social media . This is idealized mainstream hairline. Beauty subjective but it does make you look way younger having this type of hairline. If you grew up in America in black area you will know this culture and obsession with crisp hairlines and cutting hair every 2 weeks when u broke

In black america and its barbershop culture hairline is king. The culture is spreading to black Europeans due to hip hop. And now it’s even spreading to other races because of things like social media . This is idealized mainstream hairline. Beauty subjective but it does make you look way younger having this type of hairline. If you grew up in America in black area you will know this culture and obsession with crisp hairlines and cutting hair every 2 weeks when u broke

Somali men need to have a culture that is not Madow culture. From dressing and talking like rappers, to wearing durags, and now even wearing tiny little braids. Of course not all, but it's not a minority either. If they acted more Somali, then they'd have less issues. I understand that it's hard to be a minority, but it's time to take a stance, because a good number of our niman naturally have a higher forehead type, and getting hairline 'shaped up' pushes it back even further.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The barbershop is a community space in black America it’s like that in Somali culture nowadays as well

It is very strange how people obsess about our features as an ethnic group. Very strange behaviour indeed.

They were attacking our features from the moment we entered western gaalo hell hole. People think this is a new occurrence. Hell people were attacking me for being a Somali when I was a kid, and I am a millennial.

I believe it stems from insecurity like you astutely pointed out. Never cared and still honestly do not care. I married a beautiful Somali queen and my children are beautiful Somali children. Like Puntite queen said, don't let insecure people have an affect on your confidence. Alhamdulilah for everything.

Be confident in your heritage and you do not have to be hateful to other groups either. Just understand where it comes from. Only insecure people feel the need to spread hate

It is very strange how people obsess about our features as an ethnic group. Very strange behaviour indeed.

They were attacking our features from the moment we entered western gaalo hell hole. People think this is a new occurrence. Hell people were attacking me for being a Somali when I was a kid, and I am a millennial.

I believe it stems from insecurity like you astutely pointed out. Never cared and still honestly do not care. I married a beautiful Somali queen and my children are beautiful Somali children. Like Puntite queen said, don't let insecure people have an affect on your confidence. Alhamdulilah for everything.

Be confident in your heritage and you do not have to be hateful to other groups either. Just understand where it comes from. Only insecure people feel the need to spread hate

Hilmaam

Let him cook
VIP

It’s not unique to Somalis its zoom and Instagram and TikTok and tinder eveybting being standardized to western beauty standards. Levels of self harm and elective surgeries at all time high because of damaging beauty standards no one can meet from skin, hair, weight muscles and height all being judged online. Glad I’m not a teen in this generation online bullying next level. Look at Koreans and Persians and how much surgery they get

It’s not unique to Somalis its zoom and Instagram and TikTok and tinder eveybting being standardized to western beauty standards. Levels of self harm and elective surgeries at all time high because of damaging beauty standards no one can meet from skin, hair, weight muscles and height all being judged online. Glad I’m not a teen in this generation online bullying next level. Look at Koreans and Persians and how much surgery they get

The world is becoming progressively more superficial.

But even at that, as an ethnic group we tend to have a lot of the facial features surgery aspires to. This is a noticeable fact, but seems like dark skin and curly hair still makes it unacceptable somehow.