How colly has been!!!!

Wonyluvr

Entitled uppity East African
VIP
Nobody speaks πŸ’€πŸ’€everyones got their own thing going on.How do I even make friends 😭😭😭 :mjkkk: I actually forgot I need some good conversations starters there’s still people on the register who still have not come into school yet πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€.

Welcome to adult life, where people are always tired, selfish and have no time for you.

Nice To Meet You Nicolas Cage GIF by Nordisk Film Finland

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
Nobody speaks πŸ’€πŸ’€everyones got their own thing going on.How do I even make friends 😭😭😭 :mjkkk: I actually forgot I need some good conversations starters there’s still people on the register who still have not come into school yet πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€.
Join a club.

I was a commuter in college but maintained a decent social life on campus by being active in clubs, and playing basketball on campus twice a week.

If your school has a Somali student association or Muslim student association than join.

Ashraf

πŸŒŠπŸ«π’…π’”π’–π’‚ π’…π’˜π’π’π’—π’‡πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸͺ½
I was in college for two years with no one I knew. I never made friends, I made acquaintances. I just hung out with my friends from secondary since they all went to the same sixth form.

Khaemwaset

FrΓΌher of the Djibouti Ugaasate πŸ‡©πŸ‡―
VIP
I tried making friends but eventually I just stuck with chatting to the few ppl thay were from my old colly. Only good friends I made were from my actual class we'd mess about in central instead go lesson, so they split me into another class second year. Was tough walahi πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Other than that, I knew the people at colly but it wasn't deeper than small talk

Khaemwaset

FrΓΌher of the Djibouti Ugaasate πŸ‡©πŸ‡―
VIP
Join a club.

I was a commuter in college but maintained a decent social life on campus by being active in clubs, and playing basketball on campus twice a week.

If your school has a Somali student association or Muslim student association than join.
There was a gym at colly that's where I'd play sports and actually hang out. Other than that it's dead if you don't know anyone

Also college in UK is different we don't have these association stuff it's just a school for 16-18 year olf

Wonyluvr

Entitled uppity East African
VIP
Join a club.

This is junior and senior year my school isn’t that cool 😟😟😟

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
Isn't this a good thing tho πŸ’€? No drama, no school bs, right? Are you disappointed that life is peaceful πŸ’€ And being tired isn't normal btw, you should be careful, halimos are very susceptible to health disorders πŸ«πŸ«€πŸ§ πŸ¦·πŸ¦΄πŸ‘πŸ‘…πŸ‘§πŸΎπŸ‘΅πŸΎπŸ’β€β™‚οΈπŸ™…πŸΏ

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP
There was a gym at colly that's where I'd play sports and actually hang out. Other than that it's dead if you don't know anyone

Also college in UK is different we don't have these association stuff it's just a school for 16-18 year olf

This is junior and senior year my school isn’t that cool 😟😟😟

Oh wow @Sa_Male mentioned this recently.

Lool our last two years of high school aren't considered college over here. You could took a few courses that could help you earn some university credits but that's it. In fact we have high schools over here that could allow you to complete an associates degree while in high school(a 2 year degree. In most cases you would be completing half of your 4 year bachelor's degree). They started offering this shit after I graduated. I was mad as hell.
Could have gotten my associates at 18 and my bachelor's degree by 20 years old. Some of my college courses literally had some 16 year olds still in high school.

I honestly f*ck with the European model of school. I considered becoming a doctor when I was a teen but got turned off by the fact it took to long. In america you need a 4 year undergraduate degree before you can apply to med school.

In Europe you guys can go to med school right after high school.

You guys can become doctors by the age of 26-28. Fully finish the process by their early 30s.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
VIP
What happend to sixth form ?
College is for the bumsπŸ˜•

Everyone is new, most of you guys are all in the same boat so I just say be proactive and go up to new people and talk.

This first term is going to be the most free you are for both years so use it wisely! Even if it gets awkward there’s nothing wrong with putting your social skills to practise.

Best options are probably classmates, other muslims, or break/lunchtimes.

Latest posts