how easy is it being a nomadic pastoralist?

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
i imagine it being pretty easy all you gotta do is walk around with your geel, goats and sheep, feed them, milk them and later eat them

i imagine it being pretty easy all you gotta do is walk around with your geel, goats and sheep, feed them, milk them and later eat them
Thats basically it, but theres skill involved in the navigation and finiding grazing land for you livestock.

Its life on easy mode, unless theres a famine.

The-ten-first-countries-in-the-world-according-to-their-camel-population.png

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
It's quite boring to be a herder. I used to herd geel, lo' or adhi with my cousins and it was quite fun when you have company but usually herders herd their livestocks alone for 11 hours

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
The best part living in baadiye for me was the somali aroos. I used to meet so many geeljirre kids in my peers. I had so much fun.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It’s not easy at all, my mom would tell me many stories about geeljires and what they did for their families. Not to mention the dangers of the wild with hyenas and stuff. They only make it look easy because they’ve been doing it for so long, if you were sent to baadiye you’d have a very hard time if you were given responsibilities. Otherwise you could freeload. Raising animals isn’t easy and if you’re unlucky you can die any day.

Trending