How fluent would you say your Somali is?

Do you think it's fluent?

• No

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • I mix English and Somali with it

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

Yaraye

VIP
Aww u got a cute voice!:it0tdo8:
awww thank you
blush blushing GIF
people say that I sound more grown when i speak somali. My voice sounds a bit more natural in somali than english :deadpeter:

I thought I spoke somali well and I do get compliments, but I was watching arday and I didn't understand it that well. like I got the premise of what they were saying but I wouldn't be able to translate word for word

No diaspora somali is fluent in Somali. This has to be cap. You can be good in Somali but no way most of y’all are fluent. Being fluent means being as good as a native educated speaker born and raised in Somalia. No way 60% of sspot could take university classes in Somali. Beenta joojiya
:mjlol:
A lot overestimate their Somali skills bc they got gassed up once by an elder that’s used to diaspora kids who don’t know how to put together a basic sentence then when they go back home they get clowned by locals cause their Somali sucks :mjlol:

Personally I’m honest. My Somali is pretty low level. As is most born and raised in the diaspora Somalis. The only diaspora I’ve seen that speak Somali well are those that have spent an extended amount of time back home or grew up back home (aka fobs). The rest of y’all are capping or simply in denial, sorry

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
A lot overestimate their Somali skills bc they got gassed up once by an elder that’s used to diaspora kids who don’t know how to put together a basic sentence then when they go back home they get clowned by locals cause their Somali sucks :mjlol:

Personally I’m honest. My Somali is pretty low level. As is most born and raised in the diaspora Somalis. The only diaspora I’ve seen that speak Somali well are those that have spent an extended amount of time back home or grew up back home (aka fobs). The rest of y’all are capping or simply in denial, sorry
I lived back home and I’m not fluent either. Advanced intermediate max. I feel fluent because I can understand everything I hear but in reality what I’m exposed to is very limited.

Trending