How fluent would you say your Somali is?

Do you think it's fluent?

• No

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • I mix English and Somali with it

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • I don't know

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters

Khaemwaset

Früher of the Djibouti Ugaasate 🇩🇯
VIP
Only English, i could understand french as a child because my parents spoke it to me and put on only french shows but now i've forgot most of it due to something i said in an earlier thread about language

Unfortunately I don't think many young people even speak Somali anymore, most of my distant relatives are surprised that I do
Perhaps the kids don't but most of the people around me in my age group at least understand it and if they don't I just speak in more English as opposed to somali.

Yaraye

VIP
Yaah? It’s hard to believe this since your somali writing skills are quite good unless you’ve been using google translate, or worst, chatgpt all along.
I still struggle to read somali more than writing. While writing I sound it out and read it out loud, so it isn't terrible. Anyway i still sometimes use english with somali when i talk normally. :hemad:

I should start using them, it would make my life easier.:lawd:

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
Mine is pretty good because I lived in Kenya for a few years. I have forgotten how to speak Arabic tho and my Kiswahili is slowly fading since I never use it.
@iskufilann This you?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
No diaspora somali is fluent in Somali. This has to be cap. You can be good in Somali but no way most of y’all are fluent. Being fluent means being as good as a native educated speaker born and raised in Somalia. No way 60% of sspot could take university classes in Somali. Beenta joojiya
:mjlol:

Trending