How often do you buy clothing & shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I stopped working full-time and decided to do part-time/casual work and go back to study full-time, I've developed this almost addiction-like habit of buying clothes and shoes very often. If I see some nice-looking shirts, tees, shoes and jackets etc online, or in stores, and they're on a reasonable price (I am not into trendy, fashion, very expensive stuff fortunately), I just like to buy them. I have like more than two dozen brand new clothing items, and about eight pairs of new shoes (sneakers, dress shoes and boots) that most of them I bought just in the last few months that I haven't even worn once. I hardly bought anything when I was working full-time, since I used to work on average six days of a week, and didn't have time to buy stuff. It was all working and saving. Now that I have some extra free time, it's like a make-up time to myself. But I am not even wearing most of the goddamn stuff that I am buying.

I think I might need some help. Maybe it's time I get myself into a rehab, sidaan caadi maaha. :tocry:

Seoul

. . .
Babe I go shopping every week, from clothes to makeup to shoes. I mean if u can afford it, treat yo self. You deserve it
rwqd8_s-200x150.gif

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Twice a week, sometimes 3 times, that's why I've 37k credit limit :rejoice:

Wallahi it's an addiction and I need to stop. I sent 3 luggages full of brand new and gently used clothes including designer brands to my cousins in Africa.

Wow! And here I thought I have it bad. It's true when the say girls really shop when they shop. Haha! Well, it ain't as bad as I thought then. :)

@Seoul, I mean, we guys don't buy that many stuff very often, so I thought I was losing it for a minute lol. Can you believe, there was a time that almost a whole year I never bought anything new at all, in terms of clothes and shoes. When you're wearing prescribed work clothes (I was doing a blue-color work for 5 years, not white color job), and you work six days a week, you hardly wear anything else. The one day (or sometimes 2 days) I was off, I had to either rest, or get ready for the next week, since I am single and have to do everything for myself. There was no time to buy stuff and have fun.

@Reiko, you have just reminded me, I have a ton of clothes that I haven't worn for ages so I might have to actually give them to charity.

Last edited:
I'll go shopping like 2/3 times a month but I online shop more frequently, river island always comes thru with those online exclusives

Though i have a budget of £40 every time i shop, because I'm broke and I have to give my mum like half of my pay for her hagbad bs and travel/zone 1 is expensive u know, £6 every day, that's like £42 every week and £170 every month, I'm not made out of money, I wish my mum knew that and she even takes half of my student loans I'm going to put her in a care home.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
I do my shopping once or twice a year. I go to dubai and do some serious shopping
.. lakin even dubai is getting now

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I go ham once every three months tbh but it's mostly t-shirts

But lately I've reassessed my wardrobe and realized I have legit needs :tocry:

Down to like three pairs of jeans and I don't know how it happened. They're all black too so shit I need new stuff. At least two more jeans of a different colour, and a white pair. Maybe those white timbs and Rosches so I can get through this winter not looking like a broke mofo.

Got enough Graphic T's for each individual day for prolly a month and a half tbh. Not including polos, sweaters and whatnot.

I do my shopping once or twice a year. I go to dubai and do some serious shopping
.. lakin even dubai is getting now

Go to Dubai from where? And do they have better stuff than here in the West? I mean, I know Dubai is a huge international market, but I don't know about the cost of their stuff, and if there's a fashion/trend difference between the West and Dubai.

Do you buy like casual clothing, shoes, or dress/business stuff? Or everything? And how much do you spend on average when you go there for a shopping? I thought with the ticket and stuff, it might not be worth it, unless you go there very often, or even as a transit to another destination, or if you live somewhere else in the Middle East or something.

I go ham once every three months tbh but it's mostly t-shirts

But lately I've reassessed my wardrobe and realized I have legit needs :tocry:

Down to like three pairs of jeans and I don't know how it happened. They're all black too so shit I need new stuff. At least two more jeans of a different colour, and a white pair. Maybe those white timbs and Rosches so I can get through this winter not looking like a broke mofo.

Got enough Graphic T's for each individual day for prolly a month and a half tbh. Not including polos, sweaters and whatnot.

Speaking of graphic Ts, I have just bought few Ts from a popular clothes store here online, and they are all plain. For some reason I am not a big of graphic clothes at all. They have a sale and I saw many of them that were going like half price, but I've bought 2 Ts and 2 polo shirts, all of them plain with nothing on them.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Go to Dubai from where? And do they have better stuff than here in the West? I mean, I know Dubai is a huge international market, but I don't know about the cost of their stuff, and if there's a fashion/trend difference between the West and Dubai.

Do you buy like casual clothing, shoes, or dress/business stuff? Or everything? And how much do you spend on average when you go there for a shopping? I thought with the ticket and stuff, it might not be worth it, unless you go there very often, or even as a transit to another destination, or if you live somewhere else in the Middle East or something.

For me its cheaper, they have all the top brands but when you convert the dollar, its 3 to 1.

I usually buy alot of casual stuff, Last time I was their, ZARA had a massive sale. Spent like a 1k got alot of nice stuff.

For me its cheaper, they have all the top brands but when you convert the dollar, its 3 to 1.

I usually buy alot of casual stuff, Last time I was their, ZARA had a massive sale. Spent like a 1k got alot of nice stuff.

I always dream about traveling (I saved some decent sum from my last full-time work and I am single), but I am extremely lazy when it comes to executing it. I wish I had that free spirit like those of you who go on holidays very often. I have all the time in the world, and for some reason culays baas ayaa i saaran oo ma jecli in aan safar aado. FML!

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
I always dream about traveling (I saved some decent sum from my last full-time work and I am single), but I am extremely lazy when it comes to executing it. I wish I had that free spirit like those of you who go on holidays very often. I have all the time in the world, and for some reason culays baas ayaa i saaran oo ma jecli in aan safar aado. FML!

If you haven't travelled you have only seen one page of the world. Its a good eye-opener, especially when you go to poorer countries, you come back appreciating life.

If you haven't travelled you have only seen one page of the world. Its a good eye-opener, especially when you go to poorer countries, you come back appreciating life.

I have traveled before. I have been to ME, Europe and North America. But almost a decade now I haven't been to anywhere. Heck, for more than 12 years now, I haven't even visited any other Australian state. That's how lazy I am, mate. lol

lush

>,,<
I was like that... then I moved out of my parents house and so only took few clothes that I needed.... I was inspired to become minimalist.. then I had to move back home and my room felt too chaotic. I had to get pen&pad and write down what I needed and how many of each... then got rid of the rest (prolly the hardest thing I've done.. eeeks never realised how attached I was)....

life's so much simple!!!... now I just make sure I have few execellent quality items that I need... no more things that are collecting dust... I'm not even tempted by sales etc :2tjlv3e:

N

NaomiHoney

I was like that... then I moved out of my parents house and so only took few clothes that I needed.... I was inspired to become minimalist.. then I had to move back home and my room felt too chaotic. I had to get pen&pad and write down what I needed and how many of each... then got rid of the rest (prolly the hardest thing I've done.. eeeks never realised how attached I was)....

life's so much simple!!!... now I just make sure I have few execellent quality items that I need... no more things that are collecting dust... I'm not even tempted by sales etc :2tjlv3e:

Exactly the same!! Minimal is the way forward!!

Status
Not open for further replies.