How small is your circle of friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
How could a maniac control freak like you have any friends?

Jealous are we? lol Why doesn't anyone want to be your friend? Perhaps you're unable to connect with people because mother neglected you as a child? Maybe you should sort out your emotional issues instead of perving on your female relatives. :reallymaury:

Jealous are we? lol Why doesn't anyone want to be your friend? Perhaps you're unable to connect with people because mother neglected you as a child? Maybe you should sort out your emotional issues instead of perving on your female relatives. :reallymaury:

I guess I'm a lone wolf people don't understand my thoughts, I share nothing in common with people except Jeffo and you banned him.

S

Shamis

@HOW CAN SHE SLAP?!? You're actually really funny sometimes. I'm still creasing up at the older Somali woman who robbed you when you were 15. Just stop being such a woman hater and I'll even go as far as following you because you're that funny.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I guess I'm a lone wolf people don't understand my thoughts, I share nothing in common with people except Jeffo and you banned him.

Awww, do you want to join Jeffo in banned hell? You know what you need to do if you want to be reunited with your one and only friend.

Q

Queen Carawelo

Currently speaking my circle of friends is small and tight. I don't call just anyone friend, I have lots of acquaintances. My friends and i have known each other since 6th grade, and I also made really good, honest friendship through out highschool and college. Can you believe I've never ever fought or argued with any of my friends, that's what I call real niggas.

P.s

No new friends.

I had loads during highschool and college. Now it's down to a few that are my real friends and a few others that I hang with. You realise later in life those with the most friends actually have the least friends.

I only have acquaintances f*ck that friendship shit. The closer you are with someone the more likely they will f*ck you over. Just hang out with people you share common interests with and that's it. I came into this world alone and I'll die alone.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
I've got three really close friends, and I've known all three of them since nursery. Most of you who are saying that friends are only friends due to common interests and goals have never had real friends.
My friends and I, don't always share knowledge or useful information, but we sure as hell enjoy each others company.

Q

Queen Carawelo

I got you sweetie, the only person I trust is my Mother because I know she will never go against me no matter what.
This is by far the first post you've ever made that made sense to me.

You're hooyo is the best friend that will never ever no matter what turn against you.

This is by far the first post you've ever made that made sense to me.

You're hooyo is the best friend that will never ever no matter what turn against you.
My posts accurately make a lot of sense, some people just don't understand how to read me as a person.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
My friends are normally those from childhood (family friends) or undergraduate/graduate school. I don't have friends from grade school because I've lost contact with them.

I'm generally very friendly and not opposed to making new friends, sometimes they are better than people you've known longer. People just assume that because they are newer, they should be viewed with increased suspicion. I don't blame people for having a vetting process. I do. In addition, it takes time to build rapport and gain someone's trust. I won't prevent a potential friend from getting to know me. I'm of the opinion that loyalty, reliability and mutual interests are what makes good friends, not how much time someone has clocked in.

Last edited:
I have a few folks that I could call "friends" and I have a lot of people who I consider as acquaintances. Due to my nature of living and how I move a lot, I don't tend to keep people close to me as I lose them very easily, but people seem to feel that I'm closer to them than I really am, if that makes any sense somehow.

Also reading through the comments on this thread, this concept of "trust" seems to come a lot when people talk about friends. I generally don't hold "trust" as something of importance, since I make sure that I don't place anything "risky" in someone I've known for a short considerable time, and would rather handle it myself. The best post that explains what I mean here is this:
I got you sweetie, the only person I trust is my Mother because I know she will never go against me no matter what.

Trust is like respect to me. Other people say respect is earned, however I think that one should respect everyone from the start, until such a person gives you a reason not to respect them at all. Once that reason is given, earning the respect/trust from me is not possible, because a trustworthy/respectable person would not give you that reason from the beginning. And I'm sure, we are all familiar to what these reasons may be like.

**DISCLAIMER: The way you trust a person in the beginning shouldn't be the "full on trust" like how you would with a loved one or your parents, but a baseline normal trust 'level', a basic one if you think of it. Common sense, although not so common anymore, should not be forgotten!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.