HSM and delegation make working visit to Asmara

Meles knew Somalia very well, as he lived in Mogadishu when he was a liberation leader in the 1980s. Meles and Eritrean leader Isayas Afewerki “lived together in a villa behind Tawfiq Hotel, north Mogadishu, and were handled by the National Security Service, provided with travel documents and Somali passports, trained and given a Tigrayan radio frequency”, a former senior Somali government official told IRIN

That's not a "source" or a "fact" when ppl close to those men never mentioned or stated that they lived in Mogadishu when both men usually lived in the mountains with their compatriots during the struggle and when going aboard was through Khartoum international airport which is closer to them

This is accepted knowledge, Ethiopia hosted SNM and Xamar hosted TPLF. They signed an agreement in the 1980s to stop supporting the others opposition movements.

But okay.

:dead:
Xamar didn't host the woayna TPLF that was logistically and financially backed by EPLF the actual founders of that group and meles zenawi spend most of his times in the hills or mountains of Tigray

1720722176629.png

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
That's not a "source" or a "fact" when ppl close to those men never mentioned or stated that they lived in Mogadishu when both men usually lived in the mountains with their compatriots during the struggle and when going aboard was through Khartoum international airport which is closer to them
EPLF’s military rear base was in Nakfa (Sahel mountains), that is true but a lot of the political commissars frequented Xamar. It wasn’t purely a military mission and a lot of diplomacy was pursued by the EPLF which required non-Ethiopian documents to travel around (for obvious reasons). I’ll see if I can find the interview of Afwerki speaking of his time in Somalia and translate it for you

EritreanPost_

EritreanPost 🇪🇷🇩🇯🇸🇴🇸🇩🇪🇬 |Eritrean news blogger
Meles knew Somalia very well, as he lived in Mogadishu when he was a liberation leader in the 1980s. Meles and Eritrean leader Isayas Afewerki “lived together in a villa behind Tawfiq Hotel, north Mogadishu, and were handled by the National Security Service, provided with travel documents and Somali passports, trained and given a Tigrayan radio frequency”, a former senior Somali government official told IRIN

IMG_4379.jpeg

Eritrean freedom fighters in Somalia

EritreanPost_

EritreanPost 🇪🇷🇩🇯🇸🇴🇸🇩🇪🇬 |Eritrean news blogger
EPLF’s military rear base was in Nakfa (Sahel mountains), that is true but a lot of the political commissars frequented Xamar. It wasn’t purely a military mission and a lot of diplomacy was pursued by the EPLF which required non-Ethiopian documents to travel around (for obvious reasons). I’ll see if I can find the interview of Afwerki speaking of his time in Somalia and translate it for you

The former prof of the Asmara university Mohamed Kheir Omer also stated that Afwerki was in Somalia, had Somali citizenship under the alias Ismael Hirsi.

(This is also what I heard from former members of the Eritrean army) Isias Afwerki (Somali name) was Hirsi.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpeg
    IMG_0367.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 36

Trending