HSM + Turkey to offer Hobyo to Ethiopia, if Berbera Deal is withdrawn?

Berbera is fully built, has a road corridor, an airport , no pirate infested waters, no terrorists on land, it's much closer. Also close to the red sea and offering a naval base to protect the shipping lanes too. Also it's under a government that can be trusted to honor a deal. (This is a great deal).

I think Ethiopia's major problem, in looking to secure it's own interests is that it can't trust the FGS. Trust is probably the biggest factor if it goes into invest in a port, what's the likelihood that it could hold on to it's investment? What's the likelihood that the roads will remain clear. You get the picture.

I personally would not enter into an agreement with the FGS. I would not invest in any territory controlled by the FGS unless maybe I was a country like Turkey because I would be big enough to turn Somalia into a dependent and a protectorate and protect my investments.
Spoke like a broke ass habash

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Absolutely not. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

If they misbehave, Somalia can cut off access to their settlement. After all, it would be surrounded by us.

We don’t have to necessarily take it back, but just prevent access to entering it.

If they misbehave, Somalia can cut off access to their settlement. After all, it would be surrounded by us.

We don’t have to necessarily take it back, but just prevent access to entering it.
If Somalia and Djibouti unified the issue may have been potentially easy to solve. Cede the Afar parts to Ethiopia in exchange for Soomaali Galbeed. Win-win for both sides. Sadly the French fucked us over and that was that.

If Somalia and Djibouti unified the issue may have been potentially easy to solve. Cede the Afar parts to Ethiopia in exchange for Soomaali Galbeed. Win-win for both sides. Sadly the French fucked us over and that was that.
The realization that the French were the ones to screw us over the worst.
:deadmanny:

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP

The Red Sea doesn’t belong to Ethiopia, it should remain a guest. Giving them Afar regions in Djibouti allows them to make a historical claim to the Red Sea.

They get a plot of land on the Red Sea deep within Somali territory, let them develop it as they wish.

We get Ogaden back and use the resulting peace in the region to develop our regions.

Spoke like a broke ass habash
season 8 episode 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

The Red Sea doesn’t belong to Ethiopia, it should remain a guest. Giving them Afar regions in Djibouti allows them to make a historical claim to the Red Sea.

They get a plot of land on the Red Sea deep within Somali territory, let them develop it as they wish.

We get Ogaden back and use the resulting peace in the region to develop our regions.
No clan is giving it up their lands lol

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Giving up empty land in the Red Sea in exchange for the Ogaden is the deal of a lifetime.
Why give them a land when it belong to somali 😀 we should fight to liberate somaliwest by force , habashi occupied a larger land of ours and they are coming for more by signing a shady mou with regional leaders.

Why give them a land when it belong to you 😀 we should fight to liberate somaliwest by force , habashi occupied a larger land of ours and they are coming for more by signing a shady mou with regional leaders.
This. Giving Ethiopia any land in the north will just be a pretext for them to claim all of northern Somalia, don't be fooled, we know how these Ethiopians operate.

Galbeed will be liberated by blood. Once Somalia gets is act together, Galbeed Somalis will wish to join their kin in Somalia and proceed to revive ONLF or form a more inclusive rebel group that encompasses all Somali clans in the west. Ethiopia will of course intervene and try to crush the revolt. They will commit war crimes and so Somalia will be forced to intervene. The act of invading Ethiopia won't be seen as illegal as everyone will just see it as a country trying to protect its own people nor would Galbeed rebels be illegal since Ethiopia's constitution states regions can secede.

Last edited: