Humbling..

Does it not just humble you that 100 years from now you will be dead buried and no one will remember you ?

Your great grandkids wouldn't even know who you are, the bare minimum they might know is your name.

All that money you earn or all those luxury items you own will be worthless.

Yet some people act arrogant.

:wow1::ileycry:

Yep, I think about this often. One of my biggest fears really. I don’t know if it’s narcissism but I can not live with idea of knowing I will be forgotten after the death of my grandchildren. There will be no evidence that I even ecer existed. This is just not acceptable to me. Perhaps religious people don’t have these types of feeling because they view this life as a stepping stone to the real life, but for those of us who know this is our only life before we return into the nothingness we came from, this reality hits differently.

I intend to immortalize my life in words. The world will know I existed long after my passing through the written word. History will remember my name. Perhaps I won’t make as much an empact as george Washington, but my name will ring across history long after my death. I’d rather be remember for giving mankind something positive, but if that’s not possible, I’d rather be remembered for evil than not be remembered at all. My name will be remembered.

Yep, I think about this often. One of my biggest fears really. I don’t know if it’s narcissism but I can not live with idea of knowing I will be forgotten after the death of my grandchildren. There will be no evidence that I even ecer existed. This is just not acceptable to me. Perhaps religious people don’t have these types of feeling because they view this life as a stepping stone to the real life, but for those of us who know this is our only life before we return into the nothingness we came from, this reality hits differently.

I intend to immortalize my life in words. The world will know I existed long after my passing through the written word. History will remember my name. Perhaps I won’t make as much an empact as george Washington, but my name will ring across history long after my death. I’d rather be remember for giving mankind something positive, but if that’s not possible, I’d rather be remembered for evil than not be remembered at all. My name will be remembered.

Come back to Allah, come back to the deen

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

Just as you were created from nothing, so too you will be raised from the dead

How feeble is the mind of a Gaal :wow:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Nah I'll make sure my grandkids know their abtirsi and they teach it. I'll engrave it in them if I have to. I know the names of my forefathers. It's not hard to remember at the very least their names.

Knowing I'll die doesn't humble me at all. I have pride over other humans, but not over angels or allah. No need in comparing myself to them. It's like comparing yourself to an NBA star in basketball and feeling humbled. Not how it works in my books.

I only ever compare myself to my peers and that fills my pride. No competition when I'm matched up with asaageyka

Just as you were created from nothing, so too you will be raised from the dead

How feeble is the mind of a Gaal :wow:

Very, they will see the consequences of their decisons and will regret it very badly. They will regret it so much they would probably think to themselves if only i listened to those guys in that somali forum.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP

ha, goodluck with that. Your name won't be remembered unless you do something BIG. When I say big, I mean big BIG. Like beginning a legacy, george washington only went down in history because his legacy is the US.

You'd have to begin a religion, or found a very successful country, or heck even kill a good population of the world.

Even then the likelihood of your name being remembered for a few centuries let alone a millenia is still very low. You'd have to be worth it that people believe it is imperative they teach about you to their kids, forever. A simple cure or invention isn't enough.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Nah, I find Islam ethically immoral. I’d rather not support murder, pediophila, ra*pe, slavery, etc. :) tnks for the offer though.
None of those stuff are supported in islam. And if you think marrying anyone under than 18 is pedophilia then it just goes to show that you're a sheep and the laws dictate your morals.

ha, goodluck with that. Your name won't be remembered unless you do something BIG. When I say big, I mean big BIG. Like beginning a legacy, george washington only went down in history because his legacy is the US.

You'd have to begin a religion, or found a very successful country, or heck even kill a good population of the world.

Even then the likelihood of your name being remembered for a few centuries let alone a millenia is still very low. You'd have to be worth it that people believe it is imperative they teach about you to their kids, forever. A simple cure or invention isn't enough.
You’re right. I bet blowing oneself up at a religiously significant place, taking the whole structure down with you will make you remembered lol jk

psyche

To each their own

My opinion is just to throw away that fear.

If you really think about it, the fear of death is just there to distract you from the now.

There's no point in fearing the inevitable. Whether you will be remembered or not doesn't even matter. What does matter is how happy you are able to make yourself, enjoy the sweet ride that is life.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
You’re right. I bet blowing oneself up at a religiously significant place, taking the whole structure down with you will make you remembered lol jk
That actually might work, it only depends on the quantity of victims, quality ( i.e how likely they are to be remembered) and that your name is publicized. So far world record is held by Osama bin laden. If you can top a few thousand deaths you'll definitely make it.

It'll be a topper if you have a manafesto that is evocative and thought provocative and controversial. Best of luck

Radical

Been there, done that
People are often fixated on personal recognition and overestimate its value, like life is some popularity contest

If I die tomorrow knowing my name isn't etched on some history book I wouldn't lose sleep over it, I'd be dead so why would I care? much rather lead a peaceful. quiet life and only be remembered by those closest to me.

psyche

To each their own
That actually might work, it only depends on the quantity of victims, quality ( i.e how likely they are to be remembered) and that your name is publicized. So far world record is held by Osama bin laden. If you can top a few thousand deaths you'll definitely make it.

It'll be a topper if you have a manafesto that is evocative and thought provocative and controversial. Best of luck

Are you encouraging him to commit a terror act in a holy location. :dwill:

You know that the best place to do that is the Kabah considering it's size and significance.

Lol chill fbikga ha igo direen. Imma give my life ago first lol, and if I haven’t made history by 80 then perhaps lol. Again I’m just joking, just jokes, I have no intention of hurting anyone for my own selfish narcissistic desires.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Are you encouraging him to commit a terror act in a holy location. :dwill:

You know that the best place to do that is the Kabah considering it's size and significance.
Theoretically it would be, but that wouldn't work. At most you'd kill a few dozen and injure a few more. Wouldn't work.

Think WWOD (what would osama do). That man was an innovator. Air bus filled with hundreds of building, to a tower filled with a thousand more. Height and nature it's certain deaths for thousands.

He was thinking BIG. Think of the most populated area, like a building because you have people stacked on top of each other. Or if you switch up you can begin a cult, easy to fool sheep nowadays.

Remember the Jonestown massacre? 900 dead. but it wasn't good enough, no one there was memorable. The quantity was in the right place, quality wasn't.

Overall even trying to be memorable infamously takes work. Osama though, that man was going places. He started in some tuulo in Afghanistan and did what he did. Now he's burning in hell but he got the job done.

Other honourable mentions: Stalin, Hitler, Ted bundy, Jack the ripper, and Rasputin