I have a proposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
What if countries like Somalia and other Muslim countries that have a huge problem with terrorism decided that to be an Imam you must have a licences. A licences given to you by the government that monitors the religious institutions. That way we can make sure that the various sheikhs in the country A) have an education in the religion and B) are not spreading harmful doctrines such as wahabism and salifism.

That's one solution. What do yall think?

The solution is to promote atheism and reason. Philosophy classes should be introduced to schools, Muslims need not to consult pretentious Imams anymore to solve anything relating to society's problems, most of the religious institutions are designed to make profit anyway

Terrorism is a byproduct of ignorance and charasmatic preachers.

Another alternative is to have a reformation, like Christianity had, but I don't see that happening.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
The solution is to promote atheism and reason. Philosophy classes should be introduced to schools, Muslims need not to consult pretentious Imams anymore to solve anything relating to society's problems, most of the religious institutions are designed to make profit anyway

Terrorism is a byproduct of ignorance and charasmatic preachers.

Another alternative is to have a reformation, like Christianity had, but I don't see that happening.

The thing is we can't force people to leave their religion. People in Somalia already live in fear and making them fear the government is not a solution to the problem since that would only bring a huge wave of public backlash.

I've always said that secularism would be good for the Somali state. However the vast majority of Somalis claim Islam, whether that is done because of fear, lack of education, or because they actually are Muslims we don't know.

One long therm solution is secularism which would in return bring education to the table and critical thinking. But I also believe we need another solution, Mosques and Sheiks in Somalia have so much power and we need to destabilize their power.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
When you reduce the size of your big ass mouth naya

You have a lot of nerve

577.jpg

That won't work. Who is to say that the government won't use that to exert its control and influence?

Freedom of religion is a paramount. If Imams and Sheikhs are preaching hate or terrorism, arrest and prosecute them.

China already does that. Christians, Muslims the Falon Gong need a special license.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
That won't work. Who is to say that the government won't use that to exert its control and influence?

Freedom of religion is a paramount. If Imams and Sheikhs are preaching hate or terrorism, arrest and prosecute them.

China already does that. Christians, Muslims the Falon Gong need a special license.

Sure arresting them is good. But you can not arrest and ideology. However we can make it harder for ideologist that breed organisations like Al Shabab and Isis to exist. In this scenario I actually would like for the government to exert is control and influence if that would mean less wahabism and salafism.

CrazyWadaad

Prince of East Africa
Aside from my trolling.Even reer konfuur don't want your gaalo agenda being forced on them.You will give license only to imams on the verge of gaalnimo smh

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Aside from my trolling.Even reer konfuur don't want your gaalo agenda being forced on them.You will give license only to imams on the verge of gaalnimo smh

No one said that. Imamas are allowed to preach Islam. It's just that Imams are nowadays preaching wahabism and salsifism doctrines that are harmful to Muslims. Can we agree on that? At the end of the day these imams are spreading ideologies that kill innocent Somalis. And we need to undermined their power and influence inside of the country. Unless you have a good argument don't bother commenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts