I met the farah of my dreams but I have reservations..

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
@Sa_Male mal

I just wanted to know what are the views of somalis here on s e x being strictly for procreation and whether my concerns were valid. It seems I was right to think the way I did. Evident by the response of majority of the users here.

Imagine being soo wrapped in your little dichotomy world of liberals versus conservatives that you turn a dating dilemma about the purpose of sex in marriage into dating conservative men. Everything he spews is propaganda. If he can't relate to the topic at hand, that's fine. No need for all this bs.

Yes, the man of my dreams is a monotheistic, humanist, environmentally conscience person that values all lives and believes people should have free will.

Cry me a river.

@Omar del Sur

You somehow managed to connect my dating dilemma to an anecdotal incident about your cadaan neighbor. If I didn't know better, I would think you secretly fancy her. Haram aleyk!

By your own logic, why don't conservative men go for their fellow conservative women? Why are you entertaining demonic feminist and trying to convert them? For someone who is well versed, you can be very close minded and see the world in black and white in certain topic. As far as I am concerned, I don't subscribe to your version of Islam so I'll say to you lakum deenakum walyadeen.

Btw, every couples despite their background has issues. Check out r/MuslimMarriage if you think I am lying. Every other day a salafi couples dilemma is posted there.
Haha. No need to be angry when faced with people who see through the BS.:mjlol:

Yes, the man of my dreams is a monotheistic, humanist, environmentally conscience person that values all lives and believes people should have free will.

Cry me a river.

@Omar del Sur

You somehow managed to connect my dating dilemma to an anecdotal incident about your cadaan neighbor. If I didn't know better, I would think you secretly fancy her. Haram aleyk!

By your own logic, why don't conservative men go for their fellow conservative women? Why are you entertaining demonic feminist and trying to convert them? For someone who is well versed, you can be very close minded and see the world in black and white in certain topic. As far as I am concerned, I don't subscribe to your version of Islam so I'll say to you lakum deenakum walyadeen.

Btw, every couples despite their background has issues. Check out r/MuslimMarriage if you think I am lying. Every other day a salafi couple's dilemma is posted there.
Ironically self proclaimed conservative men seem to have a whole host of experiences with liberal women despite detesting and finding their positions on life deeply hypocritical. Sounds like projection to me.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You are hilarious Soph! :russ::chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh::dead:

Thanks for this short guide on the healthy way to navigate the disappointments, crushed ego, and FOMO that come with romantic entanglements. I'm a proud woman, so I refuse to weep for any man! On to the next! I tell myself..

As I type this, I'm listening nastexo indho's famous song for emotional support;

Jaceel ba hadan ubooyo
Hadan nin damba ubarorto
Hadan baxsanoo irahdo
Aniga balayo haiga racdo!

Style Hair Flip GIF by Ariana Grande

*Flips hair*

I'm glad you enjoyed the read, Hodan! Your stories are always hilarious, too. I agree. If you had to choose stability and safety, it beats novelty. The getting-to-know-each-other phase can feel like a labyrinth. Like you, I hold firm on no physical intimacy before marriage.

You want a slow burn—not a wildfire, but also not so slow that you're left waiting for paint to dry. You are dealing with the countervailing forces of wanting a gradual and thoughtful relationship development that is neither rushed nor a prolonged courtship/dead end.

Throw in some perfectionism and that all-or-nothing mindset, and suddenly, you're searching for a soulmate who’s an emotional unicorn. You start wondering why they can’t be more like you—self-disciplined and respectful but still dropping breadcrumb hints of what’s to come through subtle banter.

Someone patient, respectful, and eventually shows unwavering commitment. An unawakened Don Juan, with just enough spark to hint that something is simmering beneath the surface. He sees your decision to wait as an expectation and a precious gift.

And if divorce has never been part of your family history, that idealism only skyrockets where the expectation for a lifelong and stable marriage is there. Of course, you want him to be a perfect gentleman—but with a clear signal that he’s actually into you, not just your darling personality! A "procreation-only" vibe seems puritanical though. IMO.
forget fan fiction could be its own original book series all while being a self-help book

im willing to be your agent for 5% of all sales/adaptations of said serie. :mjhaps:
Thank you. I may consider it. You and Hodan are giving me an idea for a thread.
Pondering Anthony Anderson GIF by BET

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I'm glad you enjoyed the read, Hodan! Your stories are always hilarious, too. I agree. If you had to choose stability and safety, it beats novelty. The getting-to-know-each-other phase can feel like a labyrinth. Like you, I hold firm on no physical intimacy before marriage.

You want a slow burn—not a wildfire, but also not so slow that you're left waiting for paint to dry. You are dealing with the countervailing forces of wanting a gradual and thoughtful relationship development that is neither rushed nor a prolonged courtship/dead end.

Throw in some perfectionism and that all-or-nothing mindset, and suddenly, you're searching for a soulmate who’s an emotional unicorn. You start wondering why they can’t be more like you—self-disciplined and respectful but still dropping breadcrumb hints of what’s to come through subtle banter.

Someone patient, respectful, and eventually shows unwavering commitment. An unawakened Don Juan, with just enough spark to hint that something is simmering beneath the surface. He sees your decision to wait as an expectation and a precious gift.

And if divorce has never been part of your family history, that idealism only skyrockets where the expectation for a lifelong and stable marriage is there. Of course, you want him to be a perfect gentleman—but with a clear signal that he’s actually into you, not just your darling personality! A "procreation-only" vibe seems puritanical though. IMO.

"You want a slow burn—not a wildfire,"

HHh,mmmm? STD burn or Penetration fire?

Scratching Sexually Transmitted Disease GIF by BLoafX

Series can be called Sheeko sheeko: shukansii edition :russsmug:

Trending