i want to start a property empire in the uk, any advice

If you wish grow equity, I would advise against investing in mutual funds, as the market is rather volatile at the moment with the rate of return rather negligible. Stocks, yes esp. in tech, energy etc. Keep an eye on Asia stocks where there are some with better performance, greater returns, and with higher risk.

Do you think you could secure a conventional mortgage?
Mutual funds statistically always out do most traders giving enough time. Buyers that out do the market are never able to reproduce it in a long time window. The second part doesn’t make sense mutual funds are specifically made to be as risk averse and tend to be the asset you aught to buy to minimise risk because the risk is spread over the entire market.

Mutual funds statistically always out do most traders giving enough time. Buyers that out do the market are never able to reproduce it in a long time window. The second part doesn’t make sense mutual funds are specifically made to be as risk averse and tend to be the asset you aught to buy to minimise risk because the risk is spread over the entire market.
Yes, if one is thinking about one's pension, then mutual funds and Fed. T bills are attractive, but the returns are rather low in comparison.

In investments: the greater the returns, the riskier the investment, and vice versa.

As a younger investor, I would not bother with mutual funds, unless of course I was managing them.

AbdiFreedom

Stop Trudeau's Black racism and mass immigration
Staff Member
Somalis in the UK should have high home ownership rates by now. They have been in England for almost 100 years, they have lived in guri dawlad the entire time and should have been able to save large down payments, and most of the under 40 are not married while also living with their birth families and many have good incomes. What are they doing with their money?

Somalis in the UK should have high home ownership rates by now. They have been in England for almost 100 years, they have lived in guri dawlad the entire time and should have been able to save large down payments, and most of the under 40 are not married while also living with their birth families and many have good incomes. What are they doing with their money?

most of them live in london, they can’t even afford the council house they live in right now

Not a 100 years, most arrived in the 80s or 90s the others are just lascars and their families (mostly from waqooyi) and they’re very small, concentrated in wales or northern England.

I dont know about 100 years, I will speak on the past 15 years; Crabs in a bucket really. They all do the same thing. No one veers of the beaten path, and when that one crazy Farax that dares to comes along, they talk back him into to the bucket. I saw this for myself with the Internet cafe and the Iphone. There are some exceptions but its mostly as I said.

yeah i’m aggressive i’m willing to buy a place in the north, i rather buy three houses in the north under 40k than buy 200k house in birmingham
Brilliant, real estate is for aggressive investors. Now, this is what you do: find a multi-unit property, start with a 4-unit 'cos the rules are more flexible. Never invest in a single home (property) with an exception: a pensioner. You will thank me for that later.

I dont know about 100 years, I will speak on the past 15 years; Crabs in a bucket really. They all do the same thing. No one veers of the beaten path. Even, long after its been established to be a dead end. I saw this for myself with the Internet cafe and the Iphone. There are some exceptions but its mostly as I said.
somalis have started buying their council houses, especially with the discounts, but it’s only the somali parents copying each other, i don’t know about london, but somali families have started locking down their properties in birmingham even my mum had to sell her lands and property in somalia to get the funds

yes i’m looking at hmo, there was 9 bedroom property in blackpool for 90 grand hard cash
Perfect investment. Research the market, tenancy, rent rates etc. Do NOT pay cash. You will need you cash for renovations.

What year was the property built?

In the interim, find a reliable estate agent proficient in your target market area, and build a solid portfolio of builders / contractors: this shall be your make or break.

somalis have started buying their council houses, especially with the discounts, but it’s only the somali parents copying each other, i don’t know about london, but somali families have started locking down their properties in birmingham even my mum had to sell her lands and property in somalia to get the funds
Yes I came across a few people that took advantage of that David Cameron scheme, right-to-buy scheme for social housing, my former landlord, uncle and so on all got their houses through that scheme. They were decisive and more, prepared, especially my landlord. He told me the day he came across the news, he immediately got in contact wit his family in Saudi, cashed out on his half of some enheritance, put the money down ASAP in London. That property is only appreciating with the way things are in London.