I went to Egypt

I went to Egypt to study medicine and engineering, and this is my second day here, but I saw something interesting. There are two places where Somalis live. The first is an entire neighborhood that is less luxurious and has poor infrastructure, but the majority of it is young people who study at Al-Azhar and some families. I went there, brother, as if I were living in Somalia. Somali restaurants/shops for everything, haha. I did not expect this huge number. There is also a place nearby where Somalis live, but it is cleaner and its infrastructure is higher, and it is inhabited by Somali expatriates with their families from America and the diaspora. I have not gone there yet, but it is possible.

I went to Egypt to study medicine and engineering, and this is my second day here, but I saw something interesting. There are two places where Somalis live. The first is an entire neighborhood that is less luxurious and has poor infrastructure, but the majority of it is young people who study at Al-Azhar and some families. I went there, brother, as if I were living in Somalia. Somali restaurants/shops for everything, haha. I did not expect this huge number. There is also a place nearby where Somalis live, but it is cleaner and its infrastructure is higher, and it is inhabited by Somali expatriates with their families from America and the diaspora. I have not gone there yet, but it is possible.
The second neighborhood, as I am told, is completely Somali, but its infrastructure is better than the first. I currently live in the first neighborhood with young Somali men, and frankly, it is really fun, but the crazy thing is that the house I live in now does not have air conditioning, lol :lawd:

Kisame

Plotting world domination
VIP

"I went to Egypt to study medicine and engineering"

Do you have a western passport?? This is an interesting approach to breaking into these fields if your an American or European.

Yh lived there for a while

one is madina Al nasr and the other is rehab
Majority of both areas are Somali expats while the much poorer one is fobs mixed with students . Families mainly live in rehab as it’s family friendly for kids outside of africa born

feel free to ask any question

forgot to mention madina. Al nasr there are certain areas that are somewhat luxury where Somali families live

"I went to Egypt to study medicine and engineering"

Do you have a western passport?? This is an interesting approach to breaking into these fields if your an American or European.
No, I have a Somali passport:fittytousand:, but I have some Somali acquaintances. They will give me a scholarship to study at Cairo University (classified as the first university in Egypt). I was told that the majority of scholarships are given to Somalis.

Last edited:

Majority of both areas are Somali expats while the much poorer one is fobs mixed with students . Families mainly live in rehab as it’s family friendly for kids outside of africa born

forgot to mention madina. Al nasr there are certain areas that are somewhat luxury where Somali families live
I will go to the second district today with a Somali brother I know. I want to see him because I hear a lot that he is very good.

Kizaru

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty
medicine and engineering is like assisted suicide. Gl tho, inshallah it goes as planned

wonyluvr

Prima Hablood
VIP
Medicine and engineering I’m proud of you ❤️

Kisame

VIP
No, I have a Somali passport:fittytousand:, but I have some Somali acquaintances. They will give me a scholarship to study at Cairo University (classified as the first university in Egypt). I was told that the majority of scholarships are given to Somalis.
Oh than this is good to hear. Good luck with your studies bro.

Kisame

VIP

Have you been to any other African countries besides Egypt?

If so how does Egypt compare to them?

I know that place it’s in new Cairo, new apartments for 40k and it’s like 400 dollars to rent a whole apartment

The second neighborhood, as I am told, is completely Somali, but its infrastructure is better than the first. I currently live in the first neighborhood with young Somali men, and frankly, it is really fun, but the crazy thing is that the house I live in now does not have air conditioning, lol :lawd:
Do they mingle with each other

Nin123

Hunted
VIP
Why study engineering in Egypt? Why not in the west?