I'm embarrassed of my Somali name

Status
Not open for further replies.
somali names should never be used!!!! it's harder to get rid of the language that takes generations the language of islam is Arabic but the name should be getting rid of right now.. all the Somalis with Somali names should do it soon

Only reason I am sad is because Somalis r saying its okay to have a name like guled over Mohamed I am sick to my stomach

somali names should never be used!!!! it's harder to get rid of the language that takes generations the language of islam is Arabic but the name should be getting rid of right now.. all the Somalis with Somali names should do it soon

Only reason I am sad is because Somalis r saying its okay to have a name like guled over Mohamed I am sick to my stomach

anyone who prefers to have their name gouleed over abdulmaliik or abdulaziiz is not following the right path I will not say they are not Muslim but they are on the road to being eventually one day a kufaar. Not now but they will start to do other things in the future . this preference of Somali names is just moving an inch closer to disbelief. Maybe 10% closer
Wallee waa yaab! Having Arabic name will not make anyone a better muslim. How come the sahaba kept their pre-islamic names (the names they had before they convert to islam). If their such as things as muslim names the prophet would have changed every companions name right?

Congratulations Akhi/Walaal/3abeed Al-Arab, you're finally been Arabized for trying to erase our ethnic identity and culture to replace it with Arab one from names to even freaking language!

From this day you're banished, Ma3salama/Macsalam!

I think we found ourselves a somali arab wannabe. Please move to an arab country and speak only arabic and do everything arab and marry an arab (or arabs since they are so well known for having 9 wives) and OFFICIALLY change your name to an arab name and never talk or speak about somalia or somalis. Thank you, I cant continue having this conversation since I can feel my brain sells dying. Its like I'm talking to a rock.

I just said its better to have Muslim names of the prophets and the names of servants of malik Aziz that's it. This is not a big issue. It's not self hatred to love Islam.

:sheed:

And people give me a hard time; the secular Somaliweynist, proud defender of everything Somali.

This weirdo is just thinking what most Somalis think today. Another Arab bootyclapper. Join the long list of other Arab bootyclappers that have infested Somalispot like cockroaches.

I just said its better to have Muslim names of the prophets and the names of servants of malik Aziz that's it. This is not a big issue. It's not self hatred to love Islam.

Yes that's NOT the issue, BUT the Issue is that you're trying to abandon and even erase Somali names, language and identity. That ya '3abeed Al Arab' is deep self hate to the extreme, may Allah cure your Ta3reeb/Arabization!

somali names should never be used!!!! all the Somalis with Somali names should do it soon

Saaxiib unless you want to become a cultural orphan, why dont you use somali muslim names instead of arabic muslim names? Arab names does not equal muslim you dimwit.

You should atleast know the term ''Urf'' in Islam (that’s the custom of a particular community of believers wherever they may be geographically located is accepted as part of Islamic practice; Islam has not said abandon that culture in so far as it is not contradictory to the basic tenets.

it's harder to get rid of the language that takes generations the language of islam is Arabic but the name should be getting rid of right now..

Surah Rum (The Romans) 30:22
And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge.

I will pray you will find a cure to your self hatred.

S

SOMACOON

I feel ashame for anyone carrying a name that is not native to Africa.
Its okay to name your children using the names of prophets and companions. But Somalis overplayed their cards. Half the names we name our kids are Hebrew names, names Arabic adopted from the Torah. My kids will not have Arabic names.
Alxm my personal name is Somal, I'm thankful for that. I get ashamed being asked my last night. It's Arabic.

M

Mr.Stone

anyone who prefers to have their name gouleed over abdulmaliik or abdulaziiz is not following the right path I will not say they are not Muslim but they are on the road to being eventually one day a kufaar. Not now but they will start to do other things in the future . this preference of Somali names is just moving an inch closer to disbelief. Maybe 10% closer

:draketf::draketf::snoop::lebronwtf:
ca22ee79315ba50866e0e927957b9061.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.