Is it weird to not swear? (Poll)

Do you swear in your day to day life?

• Total voters

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
All my life since I was a kid my parents would always tell me not to swear. Not directly but I knew if they found out I was swearing they'd be mad. Same at school, so I never swore. Even when I was growing up I'd hear kids swearing 24/7 but I never imitated them, I just left it to them. By then when I hit highschool I started swearing maybe once or twice a day, and even those times it felt very weird on the tongue. So I stopped by grade 10. From then on I started using euphemisms as a joke like frick instead of F**k and Shaïte (pronounced shite, me and one of my close friends made up that word and decided to spell it like that for fun, he doesn't swear either) instead of sh*t. I never use the b word and decided not to find a replacement for it.

Eventually I started using the euphemisms regularly and it stopped being a joke. People think I'm being childish or just joking around when I say "oh so he fricked her?" or "wow you're shaïte at this game". And they never believe me when I say I just don't swear. I do have an exception though, maybe once in a blue moon I'd type it out and 80% of the times I'd censor it. It just doesn't feel weird when I type it.

Same with slang, I rarely use it but do type it as a joke for the sake of irony. I generally talk formally. You guys do the same?

ibn Yahya Al-Sooli

Anti-Qabiilism & Anti-Nationalism
All my life since I was a kid my parents would always tell me not to swear. Not directly but I knew if they found out I was swearing they'd be mad. Same at school, so I never swore. Even when I was growing up I'd hear kids swearing 24/7 but I never imitated them, I just left it to them. By then when I hit highschool I started swearing maybe once or twice a day, and even those times it felt very weird on the tongue. So I stopped by grade 10. From then on I started using euphemisms as a joke like frick instead of F**k and Shaïte (pronounced shite, me and one of my close friends made up that word and decided to spell it like that for fun, he doesn't swear either) instead of sh*t. I never use the b word and decided not to find a replacement for it.

Eventually I started using the euphemisms regularly and it stopped being a joke. People think I'm being childish or just joking around when I say "oh so he fricked her?" or "wow you're shaïte at this game". And they never believe me when I say I just don't swear. I do have an exception though, maybe once in a blue moon I'd type it out and 80% of the times I'd censor it. It just doesn't feel weird when I type it.

Same with slang, I rarely use it but do type it as a joke for the sake of irony. I generally talk formally. You guys do the same?
Mashallah Saxib may Allah preserve you, it's not weird at all however people might look at you weird. That's because we are close to the day of judgement and most people corrupt and filthy fasiqoon.

In a famous Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Islam began as a something strange and it will return to being strange, so blessed are the strangers.
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 145, Grade: Authentic

psyche

To each their own
Swear words are quite useful in colloquial language. I guess the taboo nature of it is what makes it stand out and feel so striking.

I rarely use it with my friends but if there is no better alternative word for it I won't shy away from using it. I remember the first time I cussed in front of them, they were quite shocked lol.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Is swearing dambi tho, if it’s towards inanimate things like your pc or exams? :hmm:
I have no idea. I just know there is such thing as blasphemous swearing that is 100% haram, don't know about the rest.

i do this in real life cause i'm not used to cursing
online, i don't really hold back though, but sometimes resort to censoring when i don't want to be too vulgar

Only on ps4 party chats plus I need to stop using the N word its become a bad habit
WLtHMf6.png