Is Micro Nicheing content to a specific demographic Qabilist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was etched or designed on a ceramic or textile garment would you buy it

What do you mean by textile garment? For ceramic if its pots and the like then yeah I would. But im a broke stident:jcoleno:

because it appeals to my sense of nationalism and culture. And it can show it to people.
I was once asked at school to write in somali, felt embarassing when they asked why I usde english letters

"In 1961 both the Latin and Osmanya scripts were adopted for use in Somalia, but in 1969 there was a coup, with one of its stated aims the resolution of the debate over the country’s writing system. Latin orthography was adopted finally in 1973. Gregersen said in 1977 that some 20,000 or more people use Osmanya in private correspondance and in bookkeeping and that several books and a fortnightly journal Horseed (‘Vanguard’) was published, all “cyclostyped” which I take to be equivalent to “cyclostyled” and to mean ‘mimeographed’.” ~ Michael Everson

Check out my blog (and references), I went deep into this topic, thanks for raising this point.

http://www.abdiwahab.com/blog/history/the-somali-script

It wasn't originally seen as a Qabilist.

Do you think if it's branded properly it's something you would purchase?

What do you mean by textile garment? For ceramic if its pots and the like then yeah I would. But im a broke stident:jcoleno:

because it appeals to my sense of nationalism and culture. And it can show it to people.
I was once asked at school to write in somali, felt embarassing when they asked why I usde english letters

This quote would look amazing on the header of the website as a clear call to action.

My next question; since I know you are a Puntite.

How would you feel if a non-puntite created the brand?

I'm talking about perception. Do I think it's qabilist? No. Will others perceive it as qabilist? Yes.

Excellent!

Okay, so if would you purchase a product with Osmanya on it? Could be a textile with a letter on the chest or a ceramic japense style pot hand made by a Puntite?

Or even a keychain with camel tannery from Puntland smoked stamped with Osmanya typography, would you purchase it?

And if you did; is your buying decision crucial to knowing it's coming from an MJ?

Be honest duchess I can send you free sample if you answer this with honestly

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
I think many people including yourself think we are all happy go lucky and in love. Just look how divided the thread became; a guy walked in with "Kaddare is better".

If an Osmanya brand is launched with all things Osmanya--Why should it offended people? Osmanya was introduced and called Faarsomali.

Would you personally purchase a beautifully designed Canvas piece or marble ceramic with FaarSomali on it?
No I do not purchase a lot of things. Maybe a painting with a girl and maybe some warriors with bow and spears. You should make a Kaddare thing too and sell them to @SultanuuFicaan and his folk. And then other scripts.

Huur

Huur = Horus
Do you think if it's branded properly it's something you would purchase?

You have an uphill battle, most people unfortunately branded Far-Soomaali(osmanya) as qabilist for many decades. I suggest you solve that aspect first. Make Osmanya synonymous with Somalinimo again.

No I do not purchase a lot of things. Maybe a painting with a girl and maybe some warriors with bow and spears. You should make a Kaddare thing too and sell them to @SultanuuFicaan and his folk. And then other scripts.

Someone can start a Kaddare brand after.

Kaddare isn't recognized by Microsoft. That's also another problem.

See how my choice of words can be viewed as Qabilist.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Excellent!

Okay, so if would you purchase a product with Osmanya on it? Could be a textile with a letter on the chest or a ceramic japense style pot hand made by a Puntite?

Or even a keychain with camel tannery from Puntland smoked stamped with Osmanya typography, would you purchase it?

And if you did; is your buying decision crucial to knowing it's coming from an MJ?

Be honest duchess I can send you free sample if you answer this with honestly

Yes I would but only if it was made in Puntland. I wouldn't be too fussed about who's behind it, I'm more concerned about the where and who benefits.

You have an uphill battle, most people unfortunately branded Far-Soomaali(osmanya) as qabilist for many decades. I suggest you solve that aspect first. Make Osmanya synonymous with Somalinimo again.

Somalinimo will shows its weakness when you promote an Osmanya brand and others view the brand as Qabilist.

These are going to be widely produced pieces. Very limited supply with a premium price tag.

Very exclusive fan base and clean story telling. Introducing other scripts can make people sensitive.

For example you make a pot that's larger in Osmanya and Somalis go crazy as to why another is smaller.

So if a website was called "Osmanya" and artist was Somali; would you buy from the collection?

Where I'm going with this is that, in order to Microniche the content you need to understand who the audience is; if a pro Somali anything purchases it than he/she is included in the Audience.

But if the person is sensitive to anything from Mjs they aren't your market.
Yes I would buy it. Depends on how good the finished product looks like. I have no hangups about the fact it was made by someone outside of my qabiil if that's what you are pondering

Then again it's easy for me to say because I've been largely unaffected by the current state of politics. But I think the collective hoarding of the work of individuals is kinda silly and counter productive to what these individuals were trying to achieve in the first place

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
Someone can start a Kaddare brand after.

Kaddare isn't recognized by Microsoft. That's also another problem.

See how my choice of words can be viewed as Qabilist.
What do you mean not recognised by Microsoft?

Is your plan to create a website where people can customise Osmanya text to items and you ship to them?

Yes I would buy it. Depends on how good the finished product looks like. I have no hangups about the fact it was made by someone outside of my qabiil if that's what you are pondering

Then again it's easy for me to say because I've been largely unaffected by the current state of politics. But I think the collective hoarding of the work of individuals is kinda silly and counter productive to what these individuals were trying to achieve in the first place

The script is on its way out. Keeping it alive will be through simple means in modern branding. At this point only a Puntite can revive this script and create a millenial community around it.

Would you pay let's say $500.00 -$1000 for a ceramic set who's granite was sourced from Puntland? I'm talking bowls, plates, tea cups with no handles ect

Last edited:
What do you mean not recognised by Microsoft?

Is your plan to create a website where people can customise Osmanya text to items and you ship to them?

A t-shirt would work that way, but since there's very low interest. I'm talking about premium products with higher price tags.

Really detailed micro execution and band of aficionados.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
But you also said you don't mind if the person isn't from Puntland, but it must be made in Puntland. What do you mean by that?

At the end of the day whether the businessman/woman is from my qabil doesn't matter unless I personally know them but if they source their material from Puntland or produce their products there then Puntland benefits. That's more important to me than whether someone hails from the region or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.