is university really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what you find worthwhile I guess? either way I'd suggest not rushing off to go if ur still unsure, especially if you have to pay for it.

VixR

Veritas
Yes, I'd say it's worth it.

I'd advise that it's better not to go to college right away beyond your generals, but to first to take some time to figure out what you really want to do, and then once you get started stay in school until you're done, keeping your grades high. I say this bc tons of ppl end up paying for classes, but then constantly changing their majors, or worse, they pay for a degree they'll never use.

Yes, I'd say it's worth it.

I'd advise that it's better not to go to college right away beyond your generals, but to first to take some time to figure out what you really want to do, and then once you get started stay in school until you're done, keeping your grades high. I say this bc tons of ppl end up paying for classes, but then constantly changing their majors, or worse, they pay for a degree they'll never use.

The thing is people change their minds

University is 100% worth it.
1. You get more than a job... it completely changes the way you think.
2. You discover fields of study you never knew existed...limiting yourself at 18 years old and assuming you know all there is to know about the world is the biggest mistake you will make in life.
3. Money is nothing compared to knowledge. I don't regret a dollar of my debt.
4. You'll most likely meet your closest friends and/or life partner in college/university and build a network of support.
6. Chase your passion and interests ...not money.
7. Try to apply to universities in North America or the U.K. ... aim for scholarships so you won't have a lot of debt. If you plan ahead and are super careful, you can actually leave school debt free from receiving scholarships, bursaries and grants.
8. You have your whole life to work... enjoy the years you can't get back and don't worry about money. I know it's easier said than done and I'm speaking from a place of privilege...but invest in yourself first so that your chances of getting good money increases because you have solid skills to actually offer the world.

I know many people who regret going to uni and now have a big debt on their shoulders. I mean isn't it better to work from a young age while you live with your parents and invest your savings into a small business? My parents want me to go uni but that is not what I want, my teacher went to uni and got his ACCA he wears the same ripped suit everyday bs I rather work and save

Greetings from uae
U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending