is university really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know many people who regret going to uni and now have a big debt on their shoulders. I mean isn't it better to work from a young age while you live with your parents and invest your savings into a small business? My parents want me to go uni but that is not what I want, my teacher went to uni and got his ACCA he wears the same ripped suit everyday bs I rather work and save

Greetings from uae

University degree in commerce and business management (3 years only) will help lift your dad business from small entrepreneurs to millionaire like those rich Somalis in east Africa. Study for 2 years at least before you open your own business. In the summer you can work as cabdriver.

Netero

Kim Jong Fun
:jcoleno:
I guess we can't have everything. MN makes it so easy to support your Somali people. From buying a car to buying diracs all can be found at Somali businesses.
:sass2:

No everyone knows HBCU's cost more than PWI's you pay more for being comfortable I guess.

:manny:

It's worth it. I don't have to hear stupid jokes about being Muslim, Somali pirates, or dancing around a fire for being African.
:damedamn:
Really? I have seen african americans make all those stupid jokes. :hemad:

Apollo

VIP
Yes it is. It has become the new high school diploma. Employers use it as a basic filter. Without a bachelor's degree many jobs are simply not available to you.

However, I am of the opinion that not everyone should go to college/university. Only those with IQ above 110, leaving out the bottom half of society and then some.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
However, I am of the opinion that not everyone should go to college/university. Only those with IQ above 110.
I disagree, you can have the IQ level of @AbdiJohnson and still make it through University. It's a matter of putting in effort.

Apollo

VIP
I disagree, you can have the IQ level of @AbdiJohnson and still make it through University. It's a matter of putting in effort.

The median IQ of graduates is around that level. For STEM degrees it's even in the 120s. Any lower than that and you will fail or scrape by with Ds/Es.

In Germany only 35% has a Bachelor's degree and up while the median IQ of Germans is 102.

University degree in commerce and business management (3 years only) will help lift your dad business from small entrepreneurs to millionaire like those rich Somalis in east Africa. Study for 2 years at least before you open your own business. In the summer you can work as cabdriver.
It's already a big business he owns properties and stored in muzambique,Angola,SA and his office is in china. So basically he buys from Asia and sells in africa. Midway he decided to learn Portuguese and Chinese the language of those countries and got his aat qualifications to improve his business I want to do something similar learn through experience and the things that benefit me sitting in a classroom is not my style but my parents don't agree with me

It's already a big business he owns properties and stored in muzambique,Angola,SA and his office is in china. So basically he buys from Asia and sells in africa. Midway he decided to learn Portuguese and Chinese the language of those countries and got his aat qualifications to improve his business I want to do something similar learn through experience and the things that benefit me sitting in a classroom is not my style but my parents don't agree with me

If you don't get your degree in business management, your employees will steal from you. Plus nobody respects the uneducated business men. They look down on them.

Yes it is. It has become the new high school diploma. Employers use it as a basic filter. Without a bachelor's degree many jobs are simply not available to you.

However, I am of the opinion that not everyone should go to college/university. Only those with IQ above 110, leaving out the bottom half of society and then some.

:mjlol: Easy with your eugenics Herr Goering.

Apollo

VIP
:mjlol: Easy with your eugenics Herr Goering.

Germany has one of the best education systems on the planet.

They send the dumb kids to vocational trade schools, so they are still useful to society. In Anglo countries the vocational element of the schooling system is very bad. I think that explains the reduced tertiary education rate for Germany vs Anglo countries (30% vs 50%).

What is your IQ? and what did you major in?

Germany has one of the best education systems on the planet.

They send the dumb kids to vocational trade schools, so they are still useful to society. In Anglo countries the vocational element of the schooling system is very bad. I think that explains the reduced tertiary education rate for Germany vs Anglo countries (30% vs 50%).

:comeon: Come on man, vocational training isn't for dumb people. It just depends on what you want to do and what kind of learner you are. You don't have to go to university to study hard subjects. Some of the dumbest people I know have top degrees from top universities. University is no longer about academic success but about drinking, partying and making friends.

I respect Germany though, they have a more technical population.

The people that desperately need university are those that can't develop real-world applicable skills on their own, personally I prefer self-learning and found the pace at university to be way too slow. I studied computer science and within my graduating class, by the end the discrepancy between students abilities were huge. You had some accepted into internships at CERN, while others couldn't even write a simple php function.

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Thank God when I went uni it was only 3k a year. :dead:

30k a year for uni? :drakewtf:

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It absolutely is worth it. Especially in the current climate where the transition between Bachelor degree abundance is beginning to meet Masters degree scarcity.

Some degree will always beat no degree especially in a country like mine.

University isn't the always the way to make good money. It isn't for everyone but that doesn't mean it is useless. For those who have hands on skills like plumbing, carpentry, electrical etc, then you can probably make a lot of money doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts