J-M267 - 23andME

Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I hope everyone is doing well. for a long time I was sitting on my 23andMe results. I received the J-M267 haplogroup as can be seen below that isn’t fairly common against Somalis. None of my DNA relatives on 23andMe shared this haplogroup with me, anyways I came on here to connect with Somalis who do share the same haplogroup.

PS; I plan on in the next couple of months getting the BigYDNA done on FamilyTreeDNA, so I’ll be sharing that on here and would like to connect with Somalis who do share the same haplogroup to hopefully make more sense of things.

IMG_0085.jpeg

Araabi

Awdalite
Asalamu Alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I hope everyone is doing well. for a long time I was sitting on my 23andMe results. I received the J-M267 haplogroup as can be seen below that isn’t fairly common against Somalis. None of my DNA relatives on 23andMe shared this haplogroup with me, anyways I came on here to connect with Somalis who do share the same haplogroup.

PS; I plan on in the next couple of months getting the BigYDNA done on FamilyTreeDNA, so I’ll be sharing that on here and would like to connect with Somalis who do share the same haplogroup to hopefully make more sense of things.

View attachment 339608

What's your clan?

what regions do reer garaad live ?
Depends my particular family is from Ethiopia, but we don’t have our own Deegaan. So my ancestors were born and buried in different areas of Somali “Ethiopia”. But since Marehan migration to Gedo, El-Adde has become our deegaan. But my dad was born in Nageyle but raised in Xamar. Most Marehan are from Ethiopia my mother is Celi despite her being born and raised in Xamar, her family are from Galaadi but recently made a place just outside of Cabudwaaq called Yarmayuugley their Degaan. Anyways I’ll stop there, want to maintain some sort of privacy.

Depends my particular family is from Ethiopia, but we don’t have our own Deegaan. So my ancestors were born and buried in different areas of Somali “Ethiopia”. But since Marehan migration to Gedo, El-Adde has become our deegaan. But my dad was born in Nageyle but raised in Xamar. Most Marehan are from Ethiopia my mother is Celi despite her being born and raised in Xamar, her family are from Galaadi but recently made a place just outside of Cabudwaaq called Yarmayuugley their Degaan. Anyways I’ll stop there, want to maintain some sort of privacy.
There’s a thread that discusses haplogroups and DNA results you should join the discussion you’d get a lot of feedback

It’s over you are a assimilated Amhara, jokes aside i think about 5-10% of Somalis get the J haplogroup there’s nothing wrong with that.

It’s over you are an assimilated Amhara, jokes aside i think about 5-10% of Somalis get the J haplogroup there’s nothing wrong with that.
I doubt so, my particular family is very famous for being Ulama and fighters against the non-Muslims of Ethiopia. Infact they brutally murded my Awoowe, my father never met his dad due to them.

@Xariir brother order the big Y now. There is summer discount with Dantelabs going for €249. It’s usually $400 with other companies. Don’t miss out on this.
What’s the difference between DantesLab and FamilyTree? I’m assuming FamilyTree has more data on a wide array of people, due to its popularity?

Dante lab, Nebula, Familytree etc all do the same job. They analyse your DNA. After that they give you your genetic information/profile which you will have to upload on Yfull which itself is an independent company. The only good thing about family tree is that it has its own separate family tree separate from Yfull which only the people who used FamilytreeDNA to analyse their DNA can use. Yfull is better however because it’s accessible to everyone.

I personally used Nebula and uploaded my results on Yfull. Familytree and Yfull tree work together anyways.

Trending

Latest posts