Learning to love myself as a Black woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I was waiting for her to burst out laughing and say it was all a joke.

We are the generation of progression. We are the generation of love. :tacky:

I saw this xalimo @ work looking @ "Dr" umar johnson videos.i stayed away from her.my Somali nicca started to talking 2 her.she went off on a rant about not liking Somali guys cuz they wouldn't accept their children to be lgbt bla bla bla.war dadkani waa imtixaan .

VixR

Veritas
why cant we mock her. stop this pc madness
This isn't about being PC.

This girl is matter-of-factly describing her mindset growing up, and how living in a White town affected her mentality. Nothing you or I can do would erase her viewpoint, or change the course of events that lead her to think and feel along those lines. I have no stake in it, and neither do you. In short, there's no purpose/point in mocking her.

Before undertaking a task, ask yourself what purpose it would serve. I guarantee you your life will be easier, cleaner, and far more productive.

waraabe

Your superior
This isn't about being PC.

This girl is matter-of-factly describing her mindset growing up, and how living in a White town affected her mentality. Nothing you or I can do would erase her viewpoint, or change the course of events that lead her to think and feel along those lines. I have no stake in it, and neither do you. In short, there's no purpose/point in mocking her.

Before undertaking a task, ask yourself what purpose it would serve. I guarantee you your life will be easier, cleaner, and far more productive.

typical lefty pc nonsense

VixR

Veritas
typical lefty pc nonsense
giphy.gif

HalyeeyQaran

Citizen of Southwest State
Is this for real?

Somalis are not black.
What do you define as being black?

Either the term "black" is just a social construct and it doesn't exist at all or it exists and the Somali people are included in this category.

It's either one or the other.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
What do you define as being black?

Either the term "black" is just a social construct and it doesn't exist at all or it exists and the Somali people are included in this category.

It's either one or the other.

To the best of my knowledge, most Somalis and Africans use this term for AAs only. As in people who are the descendants of slaves and have no ethnic origins outside the country they were brought to.

But that's... Like an exclusively American concept. Like in my country African Canadian is almost entirely reserved for African immigrants and their children. So any and all concepts of "blackness" is tethered to that one category and exported to other groups like Caribbean and South Americans.

Essentially... It's probably best that the world tunes out America's comprehension of ethnic and racial categorization and each country be left to their devices. :manny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending