Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
:
Nominees

Business of the Year
Dahabshiil
dahabshiil.png

This multinational financial organisation arose from the ashes of civil war and now operates worldwide. Dahabshiil prides itself on its fantastic employment track record and its investment in people and despite Dahabshiil’s incredible growth, it has never lost sight of its social responsibilities and desire to give something back to the community. In the process it has blossomed into a shining example of what a world-class institution should be.

Efritin.com
efretin.png

Efritin.com has best been described as the future of African technological innovation. An online marketplace with a mission to build a leading web service in emerging markets, Efritin.com has created continuous benefits for the community. Zakaria Hersi has inspired many by his hard work and encourages others to follow in his footsteps.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Most Effective initiative of the Year
Adeso Africa
adeso.png

Adeso is a humanitarian aid organisation that has been changing the way people think about, and deliver aid in Africa for over twenty years. By giving cash to families to help them deal with immediate crises, it encourages them to manage their limited resources, and start investing in the future. With cash in their pockets, those in need have improved access to both food and non-food items.

Habeeb Mental Health Foundation
habeeb.png

Dr Abdirahman Ali Habeeb is a full time doctor, yet still manages to devote his spare time to helping those in Somalia suffering from mental illness, which remains a taboo subject in the country. A tireless and passionate advocate for them, his work in this area of mental disability has changed the lives of many when no one else had the courage to do so.

Qaad-Diid campaign
qaad-ban.png

Abukar Awale’s campaign moved mountains to rid our lives of this dangerous drug, and its success is down to his passionate drive and determination. Today members of the Somali-British community can lead peaceful and healthier lives thanks to the Qat Ban movement, which has also transformed former Qat chewers into community champions.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Sports Person of the Year
mukhtar-ali.png

A prodigious talent who plays football with his heart on his sleeve, Mukhtar has shown that he has the potential to be the greatest Somali footballer of all time. Due to his prowess on the pitch, he has now signed his first professional contract with Chelsea Football Club.

Abdi Jama
adbi-jama.png

Having fallen out of a window and broken his back aged 14, Abdi has proved to be an inspirational figure for thousands of young Somalis by becoming one of the best wheelchair basketball players in the world. Given that he is the captain of the Great Britain Wheelchair Basketball Team, his determination shows that you can achieve greatness regardless of your physical ability.

Mo Farah
mo-farah-cbe.png

Mo Farah (CBE) is double Olympic, European Athletics and World champion and the UK's greatest ever distance runner. Mo’s achievements are a far cry from his humble beginnings in Somalia, arriving in London from Mogadishu at the age of 8 speaking very little English. He recently became the first athlete to win three long-distance doubles at successive World Championships and was made a CBE in 2013 for his services to the UK.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Best entertainment award
Mo Ali
mo-ali.png

Mo Ali is a Somali-born award-winning filmmaker and director. He has worked with some of the most respected talents in the UK and internationally and has directed music videos and the movies ‘Shank’ and ‘Montana’. His creative genius and dedication to his craft has inspired many young visual artists. Mo Ali mentors twenty young filmmakers who will no doubt pass on his knowledge and skills to the next generation.

Amin Amir Arts
amin-amir-arts.png

Amin is a visual artist who’s unique - his work being the stuff of legend that has amassed a cult following. His cartoons satirise Somali politics with a comedic touch. Besides his own creations, Amin also works as a mentor for other cartoonists and painters and plans to start a programme for aspiring young artists to enable them to illustrate their emotions and ideas.

Maryan Mursal
maryam-mursal.png

A living legend, Maryam’s iconic voice and stature have been shining since the 1960s and she’s still going strong today. She has travelled the world and even though her music was wrongfully censured, her ability to fight the establishment gave her the inspiration to begin a new life as the first female taxi driver in Mogadishu. She has taught us how to overcome adversity and to follow your heart.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Highest educational achiever
Munira Khalif
munira-khalif.png

Having been accepted into all eight Ivy League schools in the USA, in addition to several universities, Munira Khalif has achieved academic excellence that has inspired others throughout the globe. Munira also served as an advocate and teen advisor to the United Nations’ Foundation Campaign, ‘Girl Up’ which encourages American girls to support their peers in developing countries to be the next generation of leaders.

Jama Nuur
jama-nuur.png

Jama
Nuur is a man from humble beginnings who has succeeded academically against all odds, thanks to his drive and determination.
A recipient of the prestigious Chevening scholarship, he realised a childhood dream to study at one of the best institutions in the world. The only Somali out of a scholarship group of 650, he has given hope to many to achieve their goals and turn their dreams into reality.

Hawa Jama Abdi
hawa-jama-abdi.png

A recent graduate of the Somaliland Brail Centre with one of the highest marks on record, Hawa has never let her blindness stand in the way of her eagerness to learn. She is currently working on a diploma in journalism, and hopes to gain a PhD in the future, whilst the humanitarian work she undertakes in her country helping blind young people is an inspiration to us all.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
i really hope he does too. I'mma cop that jersey with the quickness to put next to drogba and hazard on my wall. :lawd:

Conte better get that look in. :ufdup:

if rashford made it, than so can my boy mukz. :wow:
All he needs is a chance to impress. If Keane and Rooney hadn't got injured I don't think Rashford woulda gotten a look especially being so young. Sometimes cards fall your way.:wow:

All he needs is a chance to impress. If Keane and Rooney hadn't got injured I don't think Rashford woulda gotten a look especially being so young. Sometimes cards fall your way.:wow:

thing is our midfield is loaded atm. We got loftus-cheek comin up and kenedy too. I'm also hearin conte wants Nainggolan, pjanic and vidal. So fabregas, matic (if he stays), loftus cheek, willian, hazard (if he stays), oscar (if he stays), kenedy, and them 2 roma manz + vidal. Who he gonna displace?

watchin highlights of him, he looks more like a no.10 playmaker. He deff ain't CDM built and doesn't look like he has pace to be wingers.

in any case, i'm stoked for him wallahi. Inshallah he gets promoted and when he makes his debut at the bridge :wow::wow::wow:

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
thing is our midfield is loaded atm. We got loftus-cheek comin up and kenedy too. I'm also hearin conte wants Nainggolan, pjanic and vidal. So fabregas, matic (if he stays), loftus cheek, willian, hazard (if he stays), oscar (if he stays), kenedy, and them 2 roma manz + vidal. Who he gonna displace?

watchin highlights of him, he looks more like a no.10 playmaker. He deff ain't CDM built and doesn't look like he has pace to be wingers.

in any case, i'm stoked for him wallahi. Inshallah he gets promoted and when he makes his debut at the bridge :wow::wow::wow:
I'd like to see United sign Pajnic him and Schneiderlin would work well together.

I don't think Hazard is staying. He's doing what Di Maria did. His heart ain't with Chelski no more.

Horta why does Kennedy play RB? I thought he was a midfielder? I seen him play as a midfielder and scored a goal and next time I see him he's playing RB?:mindblown: I guess these managers got the LVG virus ni99a is always playing players out of positions.

Ninyow Willian is a baller. Whenever y'all played us and he had the ball I'd low key pray he gets stopped. :lolbron:

Oscar is a fraud y'all should sell him.

Anyway good luck to the kid. Hope he has a long career. Btw what country does he suit for now?

I'd like to see United sign Pajnic him and Schneiderlin would work well together.

I don't think Hazard is staying. He's doing what Di Maria did. His heart ain't with Chelski no more.

Horta why does Kennedy play RB? I thought he was a midfielder? I seen him play as a midfielder and scored a goal and next time I see him he's playing RB?:mindblown: I guess these managers got the LVG virus ni99a is always playing players out of positions.

Ninyow Willian is a baller. Whenever y'all played us and he had the ball I'd low key pray he gets stopped. :lolbron:

Oscar is a fraud y'all should sell him.

Anyway good luck to the kid. Hope he has a long career. Btw what country does he suit for now?

if hazard leaves, then i don't know what i'mma do with his jersey? :dwill:

i'd never look at that nigga the same no more. It'd be pure :fredo:If he does stay though, my admiration and respect for him would grow tenfold and so would others. He thinks he's gonna shine at madrid? :heh:look @ isco. Ole boy's days are numbered. And he wants to go to a place where ronaldo and bale get shatted on all the time? :francis:

kenedy is a natural RW but because of rahman's lapses and frailty at the left, hiddink opted to put him there instead. Our defense this season has been absolute shyt.

i hope to god cahill doesn't make england for euro's. Guy is absolute ass. Got the best years outta him when he came from bolton...but now :camby:

zouma + miazga perhaps...or zouma + christensen...or zouma + another young cat. Stones is overrated and NOWHERE near 40 million+.

Willian burnt out wallahi. My man was putting in madddddd work earlier on in the season and that shyt is starting to catch upto him. His crosses at the corner are shyt and so are his free kicks. :damn:I liken him to douglas costa...but i think costa edges him out just slightly.

as for mukz...i saw him in an england jersey on google....so i think he's eligible to play for em....i just haven't seen him capped lately (ie. past year or 2) with either somalia or england.

whatever happened to feruz? that nigga went ghost. :dwill:

Chelsea FC is a somali team. :lawd: There is also that abdi noor nigga playin for cahdiff U18's i believe and he's been capped by wales quite abit.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
if hazard leaves, then i don't know what i'mma do with his jersey? :dwill:

i'd never look at that nigga the same no more. It'd be pure :fredo:If he does stay though, my admiration and respect for him would grow tenfold and so would others. He thinks he's gonna shine at madrid? :heh:look @ isco. Ole boy's days are numbered. And he wants to go to a place where ronaldo and bale get shatted on all the time? :francis:

kenedy is a natural RW but because of rahman's lapses and frailty at the left, hiddink opted to put him there instead. Our defense this season has been absolute shyt.

i hope to god cahill doesn't make england for euro's. Guy is absolute ass. Got the best years outta him when he came from bolton...but now :camby:

zouma + miazga perhaps...or zouma + christensen...or zouma + another young cat. Stones is overrated and NOWHERE near 40 million+.

Willian burnt out wallahi. My man was putting in madddddd work earlier on in the season and that shyt is starting to catch upto him. His crosses at the corner are shyt and so are his free kicks. :damn:I liken him to douglas costa...but i think costa edges him out just slightly.

as for mukz...i saw him in an england jersey on google....so i think he's eligible to play for em....i just haven't seen him capped lately (ie. past year or 2) with either somalia or england.

whatever happened to feruz? that nigga went ghost. :dwill:

Chelsea FC is a somali team. :lawd: There is also that abdi noor nigga playin for cahdiff U18's i believe and he's been capped by wales quite abit.
Hazard ain't going to Madrid LoL he's headed to PSG.:lol:

England squad is a joke. How ni99as like Henderson, Lallana get called up is beyond me. They're :trash:

Costa is a beast on the wings. Willian is more deadly as 10. His free kicks were :z1banet: at one point. :wow:

Come on bro the American kid ain't getting minutes. He's probably going to be loaned out for a season and see how well he does. Zouma is one for the future.

I remember how everybody was gassing up Stones. Kid is overrated no wonder he's benched at Everton now. I agree he's no were near 40 million. I'd take Laporte over him any day of the week.

Somali kids tend to fade away after a while. They need good people around them. People who will push them and give them advice when things get tough. We are more than capable of having a lot of good players but our people aren't that supportive.:mjcry: Look at all the kids around Somalia you can't tell me you'd find decent ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.