Miski hit my luuq...

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cosbyhmm:

Fuley xaar Weyne

:sheed:

giphy.gif

And if an individual private message is reported, the mods and admin can see it but we can not see the entire convo/thread. If the pm that is reported exposes the personal info of a member or breaks any other rules, we are forced to act. :mjdontkno:

So it's true the mods can still see "private" messages if they want to then?

giphy.gif

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
So it's true the mods can still see "private" messages if they want to then?

giphy.gif

You misunderstood me. We can only see a pm if it is reported. We can't see any other pm in the convo. There's no need to overreact because what we see is no different to someone taking a screenshot of a pm.

You misunderstood me. We can only see a pm if it is reported. We can't see any other pm in the convo. There's no need to overreact because what we see is no different to someone taking a screenshot of a pm.

:comeon: You and I both know there is a big difference between a specific screenshot and an actual PM chat. PMs should be off limits for anyone else apart from the people engaging in it.

Also, instead of getting the admin/mods involved in private chats, the admin should enable the members to have the power to block abusive individuals. Period! Very effective and does the job all the time.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
:comeon: You and I both know there is a big difference between a specific screenshot and an actual PM chat. PMs should be off limits for anyone else apart from the people engaging in it.

Also, instead of getting the admin/mods involved in private chats, the admin should enable the members to have the power to block abusive individuals. Period! Very effective and does the job all the time.

We only see the message that is reported, not the entire convo so it's very much like a screenshot. Furthermore, what if someone is being harassed via pm? What if a members personal info is exposed through a pm? We can't warn/ban someone without evidence. I agree that the blocking function should be added, but if someone wants to report a private message, they should be able to do so.

We only see the message that is reported, not the entire convo so it's very much like a screenshot. Furthermore, what if someone is being harassed via pm? What if a members personal info is exposed through a pm? We can't warn/ban someone without evidence. I agree that the blocking function should be added, but if someone wants to report a private message, they should be able to do so.

This being the internet, the world of trolls and social rejects, if someone decides to harass someone else they can get a way to do it and trying to police such behavior almost always proves to be fruitless. It's better that the harassed individual to either ignore and not engage the trouble-maker, or even better, use whatever tools they have (enabling the blocking functionality I've mentioned earlier) to stop them from contacting them.

Q

Queen Carawelo

SS is not understanding nor level headed. He's so bent over trying to bring the website down. The mods can't see the private conversations. Stop trying to make shit up. Shit is not that serious for you to dissect things. La xalwa wala quwata. Kaan baas dhig kaar bu igu ridadaya umalaynaya. War meek naga fadhiso cajuus ilkaha belay. :jcoleno:

If two people are having a conversation and one person continues to report each part of the conversation, isn't that as if there is a third person(in this case, a mod) in the conversation without being listed? Because the other person is unaware the conversation is being reported/leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.