Morgan Freeman’s Controversial Takes On Race

It's not "controversial" that's literally how everyone in the world thinks aside of America, even here in Europe ( UK not included) everyone refers to themselves by ethnicity, I have never called myself "black" growing up neither did anyone else. Referring to someone as a "black men" or that "white man" sound rude and a bit ignorant. I remember there was this Russian girl who made a viral video how she didn't feel comfortable calling herself "white" since its mostly used for white-Americans or western Europeans, she didn't feel she like she could relate and instead just refers to herself by her ethnicity and suprise suprise a lot of Americans started spamming her comments getting triggered on how she doesn't acknowledge her privilege of being "white".

Dominican get bullied by black-americans for not calling themselves black but instead Dominican, it seems like Americans are shoving the race-system downs everyone throats, it's annoying knowing how much influence American media sadly has on non-american children.

Lebron James

4 Time NBA Champion
VIP
I get what he's trying to say but race has been around for hundreds of years and its already programmed in peoples minds. Its not as easy as he's trying to make it, can't expect all of a sudden people to just drop race and not use it anymore. Maybe that would have worked when race was invented but defo not in todays world.

in Europe asia or africa I think its better to do it by ethnicity not race but I understand why its the opposite in the americas both north or south

It's not "controversial" that's literally how everyone in the world thinks aside of America, even here in Europe ( UK not included) everyone refers to themselves by ethnicity, I have never called myself "black" growing up neither did anyone else. Referring to someone as a "black men" or that "white man" sound rude and a bit ignorant. I remember there was this Russian girl who made a viral video how she didn't feel comfortable calling herself "white" since its mostly used for white-Americans or western Europeans, she didn't feel she like she could relate and instead just refers to herself by her ethnicity and suprise suprise a lot of Americans started spamming her comments getting triggered on how she doesn't acknowledge her privilege of being "white".

Dominican get bullied by black-americans for not calling themselves black but instead Dominican, it seems like Americans are shoving the race-system downs everyone throats, it's annoying knowing how much influence American media sadly has on non-american children.
In the UK people go by ethnicity aswell :mjlol:

Keep it a boqol

All Praise Be To Allah In Every Situation!!!
VIP

in america race is so ingrained. Today I’ve noticed POC being pushed a lot tho

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But he’s in America, black people don’t have other ethnicity to go by, they were stripped from it
Same with the whites in america.
there it's a caste system over there but identifying as African american is enough and not forcing that identity onto other Africans. Everyone else being black is a stand in for becoming African american and being apart of that case system erasing culture.

The rebuttal when you say your not black or African american is always but the police see you that way which is just code for we must conform to how our cadaans at the top of this hierarchy see us.

“I’m not black, I’m OJ”

Most people don’t see past your self-presenting identity and make prejudicial opinions based on said appearance. Freeman’s identity, like OJ’s, is one of an entertainer hence, they can expect a degree of flexibility with the way even the most staunch racist views them - rather than a “ni**er” they are a “negro”.

There is wisdom in not self-identifying with uncontrollable variables and attempting to see past exteriors, it’s certainly better than reducing yourself to an arbitrary colour and adopting all of its connotations: “you don’t act black”, “yeah lol, whatever”.