My brother is getting an arranged marriage

My Hooyo told me the other day that my father and a family friend are planning to set up my younger brother with the family friend’s daughter. She’s the same clan and subclan as us so they wanna “keep it within” so to say and her and my brother are around the same age. They’re gonna meet soon and if both of them like each other and agree wedding is on.

I used to think Somalis don’t do arranged marriage but I have been proven wrong lol. Does anyone else know any Somali people who have gotten an arranged marriage?

My Hooyo told me the other day that my father and a family friend are planning to set up my younger brother with the family friend’s daughter. She’s the same clan and subclan as us so they wanna “keep it within” so to say and her and my brother are around the same age. They’re gonna meet soon and if both of them like each other and agree wedding is on.

I used to think Somalis don’t do arranged marriage but I have been proven wrong lol. Does anyone else know any Somali people who have gotten an arranged marriage?
Something similar happened with me. Right after graduating, my parents set me up with a girl they knew and we got married pretty quickly. The marriage collapsed within a few months though lol, not everyone should make a big decision like that early in life.

My parents have offered to do the same thing for me.
It's a last resort sort of thing for me tho.

Last edited:
Mashallah. This only works for people in "good families" though. Some parents may also refuse this if they don't think if it's not a good option for their child. But this should be the way

When the woman herself doesn’t choose the man, the survival rate of the marriage is on the rocks from the jump.

unless the guy has the ability to turn it around and make her into a believer.

Best of wishes to the bride and groom.

When the woman herself doesn’t choose the man, the survival rate of the marriage is on the rocks from the jump.

unless the guy has the ability to turn it around and make her into a believer.

Best of wishes to the bride and groom.
That would make sense if it was a forced marriage but it's not unless the father of the daughter is forcing her to accept her brother then it would be a forced marriage but I digress.

This is literally just matchmaking and if she doesn't like him and visversa it simply won't go forward. It's a talking stage setup by the parents.

This ain't arrange lol

That would make sense if it was a forced marriage but it's not unless the father of the daughter is forcing her to accept her brother then it would be a forced marriage but I digress.

This is literally just matchmaking and if she doesn't like him and visversa it simply won't go forward. It's a talking stage setup by the parents.
I read the title and skimmed through the text, I stand corrected so does the OP. For misleading people.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Keep the long forehead genes in the family :banderas:

xiin-finiin

general of ciidamada sida raha ubooda
I used to think Somalis don’t do arranged marriage but I have been proven wrong lol
saaxiib, this is not arranged marriage. This is more like match making. Arranged marriage is when the family plans everything and just calls you towards the end to show up for the wedding kinda thing

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
saaxiib, this is not arranged marriage. This is more like match making. Arranged marriage is when the family plans everything and just calls you towards the end to show up for the wedding kinda thing

seems like u were a victim of this random secret marriage huuno

xiin-finiin

Something similar happened with me. Right after graduating, my parents set me up with a girl they knew and we got married pretty quickly. The marriage collapsed within a few months though lol, not everyone should make a big decision like that early in life.
wait, i thought you were a girl?

xiin-finiin

seems like u were a victim of this random secret marriage huuno
:deadmanny:. No, but will probably be a victim of it.So, am just trying to make it sound good to myself. I still think its not a fully arranged marriage tho, but if the person they introduce you to is someone close to them (can be daughter/son of close friend) then you are under pressure to accept i think. So, in a sense, its still arranged? idk

Trending