Non-Somali will portray Supermodel Iman in HBO's LA Lakers Drama series

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
They really couldn't get Alisha BΓΈ or even Maya Jama even to play Iman.

However, this actress probably will play the part well and at least its a fellow African woman from a Muslim country unlike getting a random African-American actress.

Progress I guess?

Apollo

VIP

However, this actress probably will play the part well and at least its a fellow African woman from a Muslim country unlike getting a random African-American actress.

Progress I guess?

They have European accents and would make it seem fake.

They probably want somebody with an African fob accent.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Yall xalimos really though she was gonna pick yall
giphy.gif

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
They have European accents and would make it seem fake.

They probably want somebody with an African fob accent.

The accent of a Somali fob is closer to an Arab fob than a West African fob. Primarily due to similar alphabets and pronunciation of words.

Plus the accent is easily fixable for a trained actress like Alisha BΓΈ, would not even cost that much money in lessons. Send her for dhaqancelis for a month and they're golden.

Btw, did Iman approve this casting choice or are they making a movie without consulting her.
Hollywood does shady things like this.
Knowing hollywood most likely not, they never do this lmao. They did the same thing with Whitney or a whole stupid team made a documentary about Britney Spears which she didn’t approve off for example

Apollo

VIP
She is Muslim and beautiful but they can do a better job matching features and hair type. Somalis need to demand Somali representation or they will continue with lazy casting and acting as if all Africans look the same.

This one doesn't look too Bantu. She is Fulani. They look pseudo-Horner many times. At least they didn't use an Angolan or something.

Progress I guess?
Maya Jama and Alisha don’t look similar to Imam at all, and in that case I rather want this girl to play in an then them lmao, they don’t even look the slightest like Iman

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Maya Jama and Alisha don’t look similar to Imam at all, and in that case I rather want this girl to play in an then them lmao, they don’t even look the slightest like Iman

Come on, that is a bit disingenuous. I'll agree Alisha and Iman are no where near alike but there is some similarity between Maya and young Iman.

Dm_zcKWXgAAV9Rs.jpg

top-model-iman-picture-id542360312

Apollo

VIP
@Periplus

She is half white, and Scandinavian of all. People in Hollywood kind of dislike European beauty standards and automatically would disqualify her for that.

Trending