Non-Somali will portray Supermodel Iman in HBO's LA Lakers Drama series

That's true, Fulanis can sometimes look slightly Somali.

I have seen light-skinned versions of Mariamma in the Somali community with slightly different noses.

MV5BZjA4NWU1YWQtZTBjZS00MjViLThkOGEtZmRmZDRhZGVjNmI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzg5NjQxMjg@._V1_.jpg
Take away the hair from her face and makeup she won’t look so Somali anymore.

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
@Periplus

She is half white, and Scandinavian of all. People in Hollywood kind of dislike European beauty standards and automatically would disqualify her for that.

Fair enough, I get its not an ideal choice and I am happy that is a Muslim African that got the role.

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
Wallahi no joke when I was looking for a photo of Iman to compare to other Somali actresses, this showed up deep in the Google Image search.

They've done eedo bad here. Still she is looking better than most middle aged eedos despite being in her mid 60's.

:mjcry: :kanyehmm:

56fdf7a2.jpg

Our community heavily discourages the arts, we shouldn't be surprised when there's no one around to represent us. She's a pretty girl & is more believable than some of the people they've casted as Somali in the past.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
She is Muslim and beautiful but they can do a better job matching features and hair type. Somalis need to demand Somali representation or they will continue with lazy casting and acting as if all Africans look the same.

Give up. These are the same cadaans who've had a man from KERALA play an Iraqi from Tikrit in Lost:

MRQ9um6.jpg

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Wallahi no joke when I was looking for a photo of Iman to compare to other Somali actresses, this showed up deep in the Google Image search.

They've done eedo bad here. Still she is looking better than most middle aged eedos despite being in her mid 60's.

:mjcry: :kanyehmm:

56fdf7a2.jpg

giphy.gif

That'll save us from seeing zombie xalimos tweeting "mali gyal are winning" in the middle of their nursing nightshift cleaning up an elderly person's behind :mjkkk:

That'll save us from seeing zombie xalimos tweeting "mali gyal are winning" in the middle of their nursing nightshift cleaning up an elderly person's behind :mjkkk:
Honest work beats getting your asses cleaned by Tyrone in cell D though

giphy.gif

Last edited:
You guys want somali representation in the degenerate and moraless hollywood?? I wish no somali outside of a non-degenerate role gets casted. Think about yourselves.

Hollywood will probably include a sex scene in this series kkk niggas alhamdulillah no somali got the role

If a Somali played an African American model, AAs would cry colorism/featurism. At least she’s pretty. Plus, Somali actresses are extremely rare. Acting and certain entertainment industries seems to demonize in Somali culture.

That's true, Fulanis can sometimes look slightly Somali.

I have seen light-skinned versions of Mariamma in the Somali community with slightly different noses.

MV5BZjA4NWU1YWQtZTBjZS00MjViLThkOGEtZmRmZDRhZGVjNmI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzg5NjQxMjg@._V1_.jpg
She’s looks particularly Cushitic but Somalis have a more slender and smaller jawline. I would say she’s Kenyan of Cushitic/Nilotic descent .

The accent of a Somali fob is closer to an Arab fob than a West African fob. Primarily due to similar alphabets and pronunciation of words.

Plus the accent is easily fixable for a trained actress like Alisha Bø, would not even cost that much money in lessons. Send her for dhaqancelis for a month and they're golden.

Alisha and Maya are light skin. Iman is dark and looks more like that Mali model than Alisha and Maya.

Also, that Mali girl kinda has horner features so its completely fine. She's gorgeous and has Iman's sharpe model features.

Alisha and Maya are light skin. Iman is dark and looks more like that Mali model than Alisha and Maya.

Also, that Mali girl kinda has horner features so its completely fine. She's gorgeous and has Iman's sharpe model features.
In what world? They're medium brown

Trending