Non-Somali will portray Supermodel Iman in HBO's LA Lakers Drama series

In what world? They're medium brown

Lol, compared to most Somalis they're definitely light skin.

E3oTXQIWQAQXT5V.jpg

Most Somalis are not that color and to top it off, Iman is dark skinned so how is she going to be played by maya?!

Also, this is medium brown:

Screenshot_20210114-143855_Chrome-5.jpg

Bro, If that’s light to you, imagine......never mind :mjlol:

Lol, we're not cadaan hun.

Show me what a light skin madow or Somali is to you. Also there are different levels of light skin? Most people would say Halle berry is light skin, although she's Maya's color then you have Mariah carey who is practically white passing.

Lol, we're not cadaan hun.

Show me what a light skin madow or Somali is to you.
I have friends and relatives that are practically olive (and they’re full Somali, without bleach or mix). You folks need to accept that we’re not all the same and come in all different colours (even within the same families)

I have friends and relatives that are practically olive (and they’re full Somali, without bleach or mix). You folks need to accept that we’re not all duxul

Lol, i'm fully aware that light skin Somalis exist, but they're a minority. People of Maya's skin tone aren't as common as the skin tone of this girl:

Screenshot_20210114-143855_Chrome-5.jpg

This girl isn't dhuxul though is she? Most Somalis i've seen are maarin like her.

pirater

the sea
VIP
I have friends and relatives that are practically olive (and they’re full Somali, without bleach or mix). You folks need to accept that we’re not all duxul
you're acting like being dhuxul is a bad thing. it is the most common skin colour in somalis. myself am light but I've never seen someone maya jamas skin colour. it's not common. it's common to be darkskin then Mariin

you're acting like being dhuxul is a bad thing. it is the most common skin colour in somalis. myself am light but I've never seen someone maya jamas skin colour. it's not common. it's common to be darkskin then Mariin

Lol, I wouldn't go that far. I've seen a lot who are Maya's skintone, however no one in the Somali community will call someone with Maya's skintone 'medium'. They are seen as light skin. Also, they're not as common as maarin Somalis.

you're acting like being dhuxul is a bad thing. it is the most common skin colour in somalis. myself am light but I've never seen someone maya jamas skin colour.... it's not common. it's common to be darkskin then Mariin
If i had a dollar everytime someone on here said something like this :russ:

pirater

the sea
VIP
Lol, I wouldn't go that far. I've seen a lot who are Maya's skintone, however no one in the Somali community will call someone with Maya's skintone 'medium'. They are seen as light skin. Also, they're not as common as maarin Somalis.
maybe it's cause the Somali community in NZ is small but personally haven't seen someone Maya Jamas skin tone. in my city we are mostly dark and mariin with handful of lightskins

maybe it's cause the Somali community in NZ is small but personally haven't seen someone Maya Jamas skin tone. in my city we are mostly dark and mariin with handful of lightskins
Well then do you know this if you’ve never seen someone the same tone as Jama? Your narrative is falling apart.

pirater

the sea
VIP
How do you know this if you’ve never seen someone the same tone as Jama? Your narrative is falling apart
why are you bolding random parts of my quote. it doesn't make sense. I've never seen someone Maya Jamas skin colour

also who cares. maya jama isn't going to play a darkskin somali. shes an cadaan women and she's not playing a true Majeerteen beauty called Iman :salute::fittytousand:

Periplus

Min Al-Nahr ila Al-Ba7r
VIP
I only suggested Alisha and Maya cos they are the only females of Somali descent that are in this industry.

I would've said Halima or Ikram Abdi but since they wear hijab it would have been tricky.

Nothing about skin colour, just thought there would be Somali girls that would kill to play Iman.

Lmao y’all are hella weird and don’t know the difference between light, brown and dark skins:

Maya is Definitely light skin, which is normal since she’s a mixed woman:
gettyimages-1203749420.jpg

the people who are saying that she’s a brown skin woman and that her skin colour is common within the Somali community are lying. Most non mixed Somalis do not look like her.

brown skin:
1625299289641.jpeg

THIS IS A BROWN SKIN WOMAN. Most Somalis have her skin tone too.

dark skin:
1625299394963.jpeg

1625299360601.jpeg

And these 2 beautiful individuals are dark skins. Also very much common then light skins Somalis of Maya jama complexion

Lmao y’all are hella weird and don’t know the difference between light, brown and dark skins:

Maya is Definitely light skin, which is normal since she’s a mixed woman:
gettyimages-1203749420.jpg

the people who are saying that she’s a brown skin woman and that her skin colour is common within the Somali community are lying. Most non mixed Somalis do not look like her.

brown skin:
View attachment 191404
THIS IS A BROWN SKIN WOMAN. Most Somalis have her skin tone too.

dark skin:
View attachment 191406
View attachment 191405

And these 2 beautiful individuals are dark skins. Also very much common then light skins Somalis of Maya jama complexion
I could see the confusion between light and brownskin with Maya but Alisha is definitely brownskin
actor-alisha-boe-11141_large.jpg

Trending