Parallels between Nagorno-Karabakh and Ogaden?

We don't allow it. You mysteriously ignored the fact that Somalis created one of the oldest and longest insurgency groups in Ethiopia, the WSLF/ONLF. Thousands of Somalis lost their life fighting against Ethiopia yet somehow Somalis are cowards according to you. The only cowards are official Somali leaders who refuse to support these rebels.
Yes. They are. So many people died, it's nothing to brag about.
Come to me and we'll brag together when you invade Ethiopia and occupy it, same with Kenya.
Stop the boasting, you're being controlled in your country.

Yes. They are. So many people died, it's nothing to brag about.
Come to me and we'll brag together when you invade Ethiopia and occupy it, same with Kenya.
Stop the boasting, you're being controlled in your country.
What am I boasting about? You made a silly comment about Somalis being cowards and I refuted it back.

You are starting to sound like an Ethiopian troll. Your callous insults towards Somalis and insistence that we are cowards and being controlled is something only ajnabis would say.

Firdhiye
Deni
Qoorqor
Guudlaawe
HSM
Hamze Barre
Ahmed Madobe
Laftagareen

That's 10 leaders lol, it's a fucking joke, in fact you couldn't even make it up as a joke.

and also, isn't it insane how the Somalis who are under occupation in Ogaden and NFD obey their one leader? The reason is because their leaders are non Somalis and Somali people only know how to fight other Somalis, otherwise, we're bunch of cowards.

I agree with you on everything laakin we aren't cowards. Somalis waa dad geesiyaal historically but right now we are leaderless and going through dark times due to our short-sightedness.

Wixi shalay dhacay naga daaf. Maanta xaladu halkuu mara?

We wuz kings and sh1t ain't going to change things on the ground.
The past is important to understand. We already see how the internet and modern psyops can influence the perception of cultures and countries.

I agree with you on everything laakin we aren't cowards. Somalis waa dad geesiyaal historically but right now we are leaderless and going through dark times due to our short-sightedness.
Having the balls to fight your fellow somali isn't being geesi, it's being the biggest fulay out there.
Somalis are nowhere to be found when it comes to fighting foreigners, they might fight one clan at a time like Habar Gidir did in 2006, and the Ogadens did in Ethiopia, but the rest will watch from the sidelines and even sometimes cheer for the gaalo.

What am I boasting about? You made a silly comment about Somalis being cowards and I refuted it back.

You are starting to sound like an Ethiopian troll. Your callous insults towards Somalis and insistence that we are cowards and being controlled is something only ajnabis would say.
Somalidu waa fulayo la gumayso. I am from Ogaden, and seen first hand how coward Somalis are. People were snitching on my dad when he was in the ONLF, they were Somali. Spare us the false bravado. I'll consider us brave when we I see Somalis willing to forgive each other and move as one.

Somalidu waa fulayo la gumayso. I am from Ogaden, and seen first hand how coward Somalis are. People were snitching on my dad when he was in the ONLF, they were Somali. Spare us the false bravado. I'll consider us brave when we I see Somalis willing to forgive each other and move as one.
Nice anecdotes my friend. I'm sure that totally overshadows all of WSLF/ONLF's actions

You're thinking like a typical Somali. It's not important how you lose, if you lose you lose.
I don't think America would care to stop us if we united and occupied the Ogaden, something which we can do by the way but how can we do it when every clan is at war with 10 other clans for 34 years? If you allow others to abuse you and mistreat you, it's your fault for allowing it.
This is 100% fax. Why do we celebrate losing with honour? 77, Darwiish, ONLF just to name a few. I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I’d much rather win dirty than lose with honour.

Azerbaijan won using Israeli weapons. Somalis would reject that because “muh ummah” and continue spoiling the blood of their own people.

How would it be dope if it happened in the horn, you want ethiopia annexing more land in somalia/eritrea? cause thats the only way i see it playing out as they're the most powerful and by far the biggest player in the region and the gap is only widening.
The scenario envisaged is us successfully doing what Azerbaijan is currently doing. Wouldn't that be dope?

This is 100% fax. Why do we celebrate losing with honour? 77, Darwiish, ONLF just to name a few. I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I’d much rather win dirty than lose with honour.

Azerbaijan won using Israeli weapons. Somalis would reject that because “muh ummah” and continue spoiling the blood of their own people.
spot on. Only Somalis can glorify losses! Ethiopians couldn't careless that we beat the shit out of them in 77 and they only won the war because of a massive international support. But here's the thing tho, they fucking won. They still control Ogaden, and they are now getting ready to dig the gas there, plus they are eying Somalia's seas right now, something they wouldn't be able to do if they hadn't won. We care more about portraying an image and the whole symbolism of it rather than having concrete and tangible wins. If bravery was worth a thing, Palestinians would be free. Bravery is overrated, and we Somalis need to understand that.

Why would Israel arm Somalis against their biggest African ally? Silly thing to throw your honour away over
It doesn't matter tho does it because if Somalis were given nukes tonight, they would use it on enemy clan before they use it on Ethiopia lol. It's insane when you think about how pathetic our obsession with clan is.

getting ready to dig the gas there
They would have done that ages ago if that was possible for them. Then again, you don't know anything about ONLF

Screenshot_20240718_110135_Chrome.jpg

B-but Somalis just roll over and let Ethiopians do whatever they want!

It doesn't matter tho does it because if Somalis were given nukes tonight, they would use it on enemy clan before they use it on Ethiopia lol. It's insane when you think about how pathetic our obsession with clan is.
Our situation is an unfortunate one. I remember having a conversation with family before the MOU Sland-Ethiopia, and we came to the conclusion that a Somali will sell his folks out way before an invasion, like in 06.

Our situation is an unfortunate one. I remember having a conversation with family before the MOU Sland-Ethiopia, and we came to the conclusion that a Somali will sell his folks out way before an invasion, like in 06.
spot on again! I dont know why a lot of our people, specially educated ones in the west ignore this fact. It's like they choose to live in denial than accept facts. I will give you an example, couple days ago clan militias looted thousands of arms shipments. This clan is marehan clan, and their lands are literred with Ethiopian troops but they are already all over social media threatening hawiye with those weapons. Can you make sense of this insanity?
Before the marehan people attack me, please know I believe every Somali clan including my own(I am OG) is low IQ and therefore violent because you need big brains to choose peace and stability over violence. I am also not singling you guys out, the same is true for other Darod tribes, Isaq tribes and Hawiye tribes. The only tribe that I think are chill in Somalia are rahanwayne people.

They would have done that ages ago if that was possible for them. Then again, you don't know anything about ONLF

View attachment 334844

B-but Somalis just roll over and let Ethiopians do whatever they want!
How can I not know anything about ONLF when I grew up in the region and my father and two of his brothers, and and my older brothers were part of it? Don't speak on matters you don't understand. I bet you aren't even from the region and you probably read about these guys and you think you know them all. The onlf was destroyed by Somali people, first Sland and Pland and then farmaajo put the last nail on the coffin. Is that wrong? No.
The truth is when you're a Somali, you're more likely to be killed and be seen as an enemy by another Somali and this is why the ONLF failed and any Somali attempt to free this region will also fail as long as we have people working with Ethiopia and there will always be able willing to do this. It was the same script in the dervishes days.

ONLF didn't failed. If it did then Ethiopia would have already exploited Galbeed's oil which you claim Ethiopia would do.

Dervishes lost because of British airstrikes which is beyond what anyone was capable of handling.
They failed, not happy in saying that but they failed. My dad was fighting from 1964 until 2007, and I grew up in a household where fighting Ethiopia was seen as an easy ticket to janah. From my grandfather, my father, all my uncles except one, one of my aunts, two of my brothers, and 6 of my cousins have all fought. ONLF was never going to win against Ethiopia, specially not with Ethiopia having the support of fellow Somali people.

They failed, not happy in saying that but they failed. My dad was fighting from 1964 until 2007, and I grew up in a household where fighting Ethiopia was seen as an easy ticket to janah. From my grandfather, my father, all my uncles except one, one of my aunts, two of my brothers, and 6 of my cousins have all fought. ONLF was never going to win against Ethiopia, specially not with Ethiopia having the support of fellow Somali people.
Stop viewing everything through this binary winning/losing context. How does Ethiopia still controlling our lands and Somalis still fighting diminish the past actions of Somali resistance against Ethiopia? Do you not realize that without the actions of WSLF/ONLF, Galbeed would have had its resources already plundered and many Somalis assimilated or Ethiopanized?

Palestinians for example are also in a losing state but it would be extremely disrespectful to call them cowards or low IQ just because other Arabs betrayed them. Without PLO/Hamas, Palestinians would have long since been extinct but according to you that doesn't matter since they lost.

Stop viewing everything through this binary winning/losing context. How does Ethiopia still controlling our lands and Somalis still fighting diminish the past actions of Somali resistance against Ethiopia? Do you not realize that without the actions of WSLF/ONLF, Galbeed would have had its resources already plundered and many Somalis assimilated or Ethiopanized?

Palestinians for example are also in a losing state but it would be extremely disrespectful to call them cowards or low IQ just because other Arabs betrayed them. Without PLO/Hamas, Palestinians would have long since been extinct but according to you that doesn't matter since they lost.
You're right about your first point. Because of all the revolutions in the region, at least we have managed to make sure that we weren't assimilated. I can take that as a massive win, but the ultimate win for me is seeing galbeed that's free as its own country, or joining Somalia.
You're still missing my overall point. The country of Somalia is currently seeing a demographic shift, something that many people aren't even awake to. More and more ethnic Somalis are dying, specially in the south, and guess who isn't dying and will eventually inherit the land? Palestinians despite numbering less than 3million are taking on Israel and the Entire west, albeit losing it badly, but at least they aren't divided along clan lines and are together in their struggle.
Somali people's biggest enemy are themselves, that's the whole point. If we dropped clans and were united like the Palestinians, I doubt Ethiopia or Kenya would be able to stop us.

Stop focusing so much on what we did in the past and ask yourself why Ethiopia now wants a sea, and those who are leading to it are your fellow Somali. Our bravery, our past etc... doesn't matter when we continue to sabotage each other.

Trending