Prenup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divorce rates are super low in my community (close to zero) unlike the straight community (50%) so probably not; it's even higher in the straight Somali community (70-75%). Straight Somalis should definitely have prenups if they have any assets.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
I was just playing around with the words

There are of course wealthy Somalis not only in Toronto, but all around the world. I haven't reached a stage where I can demand my future wife to sign a prenuptial and tbh I don't believe there's a need for it as long as I don't marry a conniving ajnabi.. ilaahey baa ka magan galney

It's those child support laws in the west sxb. Somalis tend to handle their own issues and a Somali woman demanding half of your expenses through family court would probably be a source of gossip around town.

Reduces rappers to tears in family court these damn alimony payments :mjcry:

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
It's those child support laws in the west sxb. Somalis tend to handle their own issues and a Somali woman demanding half of your expenses through family court would probably be a source of gossip around town.

That would encourage all Somali women to take their husbands to court lmao if shit goes south, best believe we're getting a traditional divorce. Ain't no way some woman is getting thousands of my hard earned £££.

It's sad that a grown ass man would cry because he has to pay child support to his own damn children.

Pathetic. I blame the women who have children for these idiots.

oooo

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It's sad that a grown ass man would cry because he has to pay child support to his own damn children.

Pathetic. I blame the women who have children for these idiots.

oooo

Some of these niggas gotta pay out 12-40k monthly to some bimbo that never worked a day in her life :mjcry:

What kind of child requires that much money? You're pretty much paying for her new house and the dude she moves on with. Infuriating :mjcry:

That would encourage all Somali women to take their husbands to court lmao if shit goes south, best believe we're getting a traditional divorce. Ain't no way some woman is getting thousands of my hard earned £££.
Trust me it's pathetic. I know some Somali girl who did do that and the court ended up getting the guy to pay less then he actually was paying before hand because most of his money was under the table/ illegal... so the courts saw that he barely made any legalmoney and authorized him to pay less. The poor girl thought she would get more child support and ended up losing in court and the idiot is celebrating the fact that he's paying less to his child. It's actually gross.

Some of these niggas gotta pay out 12-40k monthly to some bimbo that never worked a day in her life :mjcry:

What kind of child requires that much money? You're pretty much paying for her new house and the dude she moves on with. Infuriating :mjcry:

Well he's the one that got with the bimbo in the first place and he had no problem paying her that much to his kids when he was fucking her but now that he isn't he wants to deprive his children of the life style that they were accustomed to? He should fight for full custody then but he probably doesn't want the responsibility but has the audacity to complain. Child please!

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Well he's the one that got with the bimbo in the first place and he had no problem paying her that much to his kids when he was fucking her but now that he isn't he wants to deprive his children of the life style that they were accustomed to? He should fight for full custody then but he probably doesn't want the responsibility but has the audacity to complain. Child please!

In the US the courts system are horrifying and most men (especially black men) already have little faith in the system to begin with.

Not to absolve them of their mistakes, but there's no reason ludicrous numbers like that should be paid out. Some still have visitation and usually joint custody but some of these guys don't get visitation or joint custody and still need to pay out gigantic sums for a kid they are legally not allowed to raise. It's insanity and a system that predatory women bank on.

But again... Not an issue for us thankfully. We have pride.

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Trust me it's pathetic. I know some Somali girl who did do that and the court ended up getting the guy to pay less then he actually was paying before hand because most of his money was under the table/ illegal... so the courts saw that he barely made any legalmoney and authorized him to pay less. The poor girl thought she would get more child support and ended up losing in court and the idiot is celebrating the fact that he's paying less to his child. It's actually gross.

He gets a salute from me as long as he's taking care of his kids :salute:

I don't know how they calculate the amount of money a man has to pay in child support but it seems extortionate most of the time. If I was ordered to pay thousands of pounds in child support, I'd demand for a goddamn receipt for every lollipop, football and barbie doll my child gets.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS

Wayne Bridge comes to mind. His wife fucked his teammate behind his back and managed to get £1m in child support after he lost the custody battle iirc. She even supposedly got hush money from Terry. Idc what anyone says I'd put 25k on her head. :damedamn:
But what if he does want custody but can't get it?

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Those stories aggravate me. Thankfully a Somali woman (and man) would be shamed into another dimension if she pulled something like that.

Daqan no matter how poorly it is followed in youth is always important.

Also I believe the newspapers that ran the story admitted they falsified shit and there wasn't any validity to the claim that she cheated.

Lets be honest, most of these rappers/ pro-athletes want to f*ck around and have no time to raise children. Aside from onewho actually fought for full custody, I can't think of any rapper or pro athlete who did.
Wayne Bridge comes to mind. His wife fucked his teammate behind his back and managed to get £1m in child support after he lost the custody battle iirc. She even supposedly got hush money from Terry. Idc what anyone says I'd put 25k on her head. :damedamn:

But what if he does want custody but can't get it?
be

Those stories aggravate me. Thankfully a Somali woman (and man) would be shamed into another dimension if she pulled something like that.

Daqan no matter how poorly it is followed in youth is always important.

Also I believe the newspapers that ran the story admitted they falsified shit and there wasn't any validity to the claim that she cheated.

Sorry but Somali daqan does not favour women...unless we reform our daqan, I can't be bothered with it.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS

The Bridge-Terry fiasco? I'm 99% sure it's true. Pretty much every major network ran the story and Wayne Bridge said it was the reason for the divorce. Also she could sue the f*ck out of all those networks. She definitely has the resources to do so.

what I dont get is how can your ex wife be entitled to 50% of your hard earned money upon divorce? if 50% of your money is one million there is no way she can spend that just by raising your children. oh and if you got cars multiple homes gold she gets half. Apparently your wife has to be able to lead the lifestyle you afforded her. How is that fair? am not saying leave her completely broke. in my opinion 20k max as a one payment and as little as 250$ if you earn less. the child support money should be proven by receipts to the courts every month. Otherwise its slavery if you ask me.

People saying somali girls wouldnt do that, I say lets wait maybe 10 20 yrs. There are far too few millionaires and I assume most marry their cousins. I have no faith in some xalimo born in europe or america even somalia wont cry to the courts if she can squeeze a million and more from her ex through the court.

btw i dont make enough to get a prenup.

what I dont get is how can your ex wife be entitled to 50% of your hard earned money upon divorce? if 50% of your money is one million there is no way she can spend that just by raising your children. oh and if you got cars multiple homes gold she gets half. Apparently your wife has to be able to lead the lifestyle you afforded her. How is that fair? am not saying leave her completely broke. in my opinion 20k max as a one payment. the child support money should be proven by receipts to the courts every month. Otherwise its slavery if you ask me.

People saying somali girls wouldnt do that, I say lets wait maybe 10 20 yrs. There are far too few millionaires and I assume most marry their cousins. I have no faith in some xalimo born in europe or america wont cry to the courts if she can squeeze a million and more from her ex through the court. plus money makes everyone crazy.
It's not only what the "wife" gets. It's called spousal support so if the woman makes more money than she will likely be the one supporting him.

In court, property/assets is grouped into two. Shared property and separate property.

Separate property is usually money you made before or after divorce, inheritance, gift from a third party, payment you got from personal injury settlement.

Shared property is money you made during the marriage. The house and cars you had during the marriage, any bonuses, commissions, insurance, savings, other real estate.

It's not only what the "wife" gets. It's called spousal support so if the woman makes more money than she will likely be the one supporting him.

In court, property/assets is grouped into two. Shared property and separate property.

Separate property is usually money you made before or after divorce, inheritance, gift from a third party, payment you got from personal injury settlement.

Shared property is money you made during the marriage. The house and cars you had during the marriage, any bonuses, commissions, insurance, savings, other real estate.

thanks for that clearing that up for me. Have you watched divorce inc? This is where I get it all from and what I read in papers. for some reasons it seems men are always on the receiving end of this.

You know thinking about it now from this new pespective and i was in a position of making a few hundred grands just by going court:browtf:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Who here plans to get a prenup? Ladies, would you sign one if your man insists on it? :damedamn:
definitely man aint tryna get robbed,xalimos are getting shiftier by the minute better be safe than sorry.:manny::manny::manny:
Your ex-wife getting 50% of your hard earned lacag is absolutely ridiculous wtf :faysalwtf: dhaqan works well in situations like this nayaa car lacagtaya taabo :farole::farole:

Status
Not open for further replies.