Prenup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
It's no biggie. The Islamic nikah agreement actually works like a prenup btw.

I guess it depends on the nature of the relationship, although ppl are mutable and subject to change. In fact, I think it's smart that you both protect yourselves financially. Also wouldn't share a bank account like some couples do during the course of the marriage personally, if I were to be married. It's shocking how a "stranger" could surface in the person you thought you knew. Oh, the stories you hear.

Yeah, marriage isn't appealing tbh.

I think there is should always be equal access to any children from the failed union except in extenuating circumstances.

Those stories aggravate me. Thankfully a Somali woman (and man) would be shamed into another dimension if she pulled something like that.

Daqan no matter how poorly it is followed in youth is always important.

Also I believe the newspapers that ran the story admitted they falsified shit and there wasn't any validity to the claim that she cheated.

You really underestimate the power of 'shame' and 'what will the people say' in the community. There were Somali mothers of the previous generation who divorced their husbands just so they can get welfare and childcare benefits. A lot of these women were cheered on by their female friends and relatives for being 'independent' and 'not needing no man', while the men of the family remained silent and kept their distance because of their clear lack of influence in these new lands. An interesting thing to note that these women by and large came from deer magaal backgrounds. A woman straight from badiyo would be much more hesitant and cautious.

If you think this younger generation who are all over social media and doing crazy shit care about xishood or 'shame', then I have some bad news for you...:damedamn:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
You really underestimate the power of 'shame' and 'what will the people say' in the community. There were Somali mothers of the previous generation who divorced their husbands just so they can get welfare and childcare benefits. A lot of these women were cheered on by their female friends and relatives for being 'independent' and 'not needing no man', while the men of the family remained silent and kept their distance because of their clear lack of influence in these new lands. An interesting thing to note that these women by and large came from deer magaal backgrounds. A woman straight from badiyo would be much more hesitant and cautious.

If you think this younger generation who are all over social media and doing crazy shit care about xishood or 'shame', then I have some bad news for you...:damedamn:
glad i live in straya :whew::whew:

It's those child support laws in the west sxb. Somalis tend to handle their own issues and a Somali woman demanding half of your expenses through family court would probably be a source of gossip around town.

Reduces rappers to tears in family court these damn alimony payments :mjcry:

That's his child as well he better pay up :pacspit:

It takes two to tango, I have no naxaris for them kkkkk

Xalimoos should start taking everything to the courts!
For some reason, I don't see you marrying a man who earns less than you. :manny:

That's where you're wrong :damedamn:

I'll make sure to marry someone who earns less than me so I can hold all the financial leverages :childplease:

Bohol

VIP
Just have a couple of secret accounts. Never share a account with the future wifey, things can turn sour anytime.

thanks for that clearing that up for me. Have you watched divorce inc? This is where I get it all from and what I read in papers. for some reasons it seems men are always on the receiving end of this.

You know thinking about it now from this new pespective and i was in a position of making a few hundred grands just by going court:browtf:
No I never even heard of it. I'll check it out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.