Queen Maya Jama reppin her nation at Carni

Sa_Male

Laba Gob Kii Beer Jilicsan Baa Jaba
You dudes are sick! Imagine calling a man a fag cause he called someone pure, the prophet SAW was a regarded as a pure man…

What level of retarded is this? :fantasia2:
Ikr, I was simply saying he hasn't publicly engaged in the retard gaal behaviour anywhere near the extent of other beta squad members let alone maya jama.

5k is beyond ludicrous. If I pay a 5k mehr I expect a literal full time servant 💀

3-5k mahr is the avg Somalis pay. If we had a large middle class pop it would be higher because wealthier people pay more. You see this in other communities who are wealthier than us on avg. The mahr is also a bridal gift, not payment for a service. Women who receive the most mahr aren't expected to do domestic labour because of their class/background.

Sa_Male

3-5k mahr is the avg Somalis pay. If we had a large middle class pop it would be higher because wealthier people pay more. You see this in other communities who are wealthier than us on avg. The mahr is also a bridal gift, not payment for a service. Women who receive the most mahr aren't expected to do domestic labour because of their class/background.
5k is ludicrous, I'd rather spend that money on gifting her and wedding costs. And it's her choice to choose the mehr don't forget and my choice to say nah and leave. A women in love with me asking for 5 grand is prob not a good woman to marry because she's either greedy, not in love, or caves to familial pressure.

Sa_Male

5k is ludicrous, I'd rather spend that money on gifting her and wedding costs. And it's her choice to choose the mehr don't forget and my choice to say nah and leave. A women in love with me asking for 5 grand is prob not a good woman to marry because she's either greedy, not in love, or caves to familial pressure.
Max reasonable amount for me would be two, two and a half k.

5k is ludicrous, I'd rather spend that money on gifting her and wedding costs.

You still have to pay for the wedding, gold and other gifts on top of the mahr. Start saving now lol.

And it's her choice to choose the mehr don't forget and my choice to say nah and leave. A women in love with me asking for 5 grand is prob not a good woman to marry because she's either greedy, not in love, or caves to familial pressure.

If you fell in love before marriage you could sway her, but it wouldn't be in her best interests and her family would most likely intervene. I believe love comes after marriage, you never truly know someone until you start living together. Before that the best you can do is check for compatibility.

And yes, you can always say no and walk away. There's no pressure. My advice, don't get mad at and pocket watch men who are willing to pay that and more.

When people want to get married, they’ll pay anything bro. Mehr isn’t just about the money, there’s always a pride level to it. The amount you pay gets announced at nikkahs and you also don’t want to show her family they you are broke.

Growing up I was always told 10% of your yearly income is good enough price for mehr. There’s no reason to not be able to pay 5k mehr if you’re on 50k

Last edited:

Sa_Male

You still have to pay for the wedding, gold and other gifts on top of the mahr. Start saving now lol.

If you fell in love before marriage you could sway her, but it wouldn't be in her best interests and her family would most likely intervene. I believe love comes after marriage, you never truly know someone until you start living together. Before that the best you can do is check for compatibility.

And yes, you can always say no and walk away. There's no pressure. My advice, don't get mad at and pocket watch men who are willing to pay that and more.
I don't plan on being broke before marriage, infact I won't marry till I have a comfortable amount of money inshallah. A religious woman wouldn't ask for 4-5k as shes aware of the hadiths concerninga blessed marriage and mehr etc. And also mehr isn't so she can survive for an extended period time if we split, after divorce her family is meant to look after her.

Sa_Male

When people want to get married, they’ll pay anything bro. Mehr isn’t just about the money, there’s always a pride level to it. The amount you pay gets announced at nikkahs and you also don’t want to show her family they you are broke.

Growing up I was always told around 10% of your yearly income is good enough price for mehr. There’s no reason to not be able to pay 5k mehr if you’re on 50k
But you see, before I plan on getting married somewhere else, which I plan on doing, I'd do some Investigating, trying to see what people think the average and then pay her around that amount. But in my mind 4-5k a religious woman in love with you wouldn't mercilessly demand.

I don't plan on being broke before marriage, infact I won't marry till I have a comfortable amount of money inshallah. A religious woman wouldn't ask for 4-5k as shes aware of the hadiths concerninga blessed marriage and mehr etc. And also mehr isn't so she can survive for an extended period time if we split, after divorce her family is meant to look after her.
A religious woman wouldn’t ask for 5K? Are you broke? 5k isn’t a lot wtf. That’s the average amount for Somalis! if you’re stingy just say it and go.

A lot is usually 10k and above.

If you think 10% of an average yearly income is a lot, then maybe marriage isn’t for you atm.

Also, to add what’s a lot is relative to your finances and social standing. If you’re a miskeen man back home or one working minimum wage in the UK, then even 2K might seem a lot. The reason why 5K is a lot to you is based on your own background. Most average income people do not see 5K as a lot and that’s why most middle class Somalis give 5K since it’s a reasonable amount.

A religious woman wouldn’t ask for 5K? Are you broke? 5k isn’t a lot wtf. That’s the average amount for Somalis! if you’re stingy just say it and go.

If you think 10% of an average yearly income is a lot, then maybe marriage isn’t for you atm.

Also, to add what’s a lot is relative to your finances and social standing. If you’re a miskeen man back home or one working minimum wage in the UK, then even 2K might seem a lot. The reason why 5K is a lot to you is based on your own background. Most average income people do not see 5K as a lot and that’s why most middle class Somalis give 5K since it’s a reasonable amount.

I think he's 16yrs old. 5k sounds like a crazy amount to him rn.

Sa_Male

If you think 10% of an average yearly income is a lot, then maybe marriage isn’t for you.
That's your opinion, and I have mine. But if a women is in love with me and she understands the deen she wouldn't ask for 5k mehr.

Sa_Male

what the Prophet (saw) gave to his wives and (was given) to his daughters which is 500 dirhams." (Shafi'i, al-'Umm, Vol. 5, p. 63)

The dirham weighs about 2.975g - for 500 dirhams that make 1,487.5g of silver. That amounts to around $714. What you can purchase in silver stays the same throught the years.

what the Prophet (saw) gave to his wives and (was given) to his daughters which is 500 dirhams." (Shafi'i, al-'Umm, Vol. 5, p. 63)

The dirham weighs about 2.975g - for 500 dirhams that make 1,487.5g of silver. That amounts to around $714. What you can purchase in silver stays the same throught the years.

You have to also bear in mind they lived humble lives. Aisha (ra) reported that months would go by and no fire (to make food) would be lit in the house. Today we live in times of excess so to bring this up is coming from a place of stinginess which isn't good.

If you think I'm wrong just say you think I'm wrong 💀 Age doesn't play into this
Your age does play a role since you think that 5K is a lot when the purchasing power of 5K isn’t a lot in this day and age. It isn’t even 1 yr rent. An adult that works who has been in the Somali community for years wouldn’t come to that conclusion.

Sa_Male

You have to also bear in mind they lived humble lives. Aisha (ra) reported that months would go buy and no fire (to make food) would be lit in the house. Today we live in times of excess so to bring this up is coming from a place of stinginess which isn't good.
I admit defeat, 5k isn't too much considering this day and age but I've witnessed marriages including my own parents ones, that went very well without 5 thousand US dollars.

I admit defeat, 5k isn't too much considering this day and age but I've witnessed marriages including my own parents ones, that went very well without 5 thousand US dollars.
Your parents got married like 20 yrs ago when 1k was like 5K! Have you heard of inflation young man?

Sa_Male

Personally, if the woman is pressured, then I'd pay whatever, but if she's pious would she remember a hadith or cave to her desires? Because I won't marry a woman who's family might just leave her on the streets.

Personally, if the woman is pressured, then I'd pay whatever, but if she's pious would she remember a hadith or cave to her desires? Because I won't marry a woman who's family might just leave her on the streets.
You should pay what you can afford without being stingy that reflects the norm in your society.

5K isn’t a lot in this day and age and when your parents married, 1K went a long way. We literally spend 1K in less than a month now because of how everything is so expensive.

Latest posts