R.I.P Florida!

I was just about to to make a thread about this.
I live in Florida & just got a hurricane warning on my phone.

Stores are empty.
No gas at the stations.
People road raging.

The organization that monitors these storms (The National Hurricane Center) IS DOWN!!

As of an hour ago they had it listed as a cat 5 with sustained winds of 185 mph!!

I've been through a few storms here.
I'd be lying if I said this one doesn't have me spooked!

Absolutely unreal how strong this thing has gotten. Hopefully it weakens on approach.
My area should start getting the wind & rain bands from it by Wednesday.

If I don't post anymore a tree likely fell on my house or service is down everywhere in my area.

Stores are empty.
No gas at the stations.
People road raging.

The organization that monitors these storms (The National Hurricane Center) IS DOWN!!

As of an hour ago they had it listed as a cat 5 with sustained winds of 185 mph!!

Absolutely unreal how strong this thing has gotten. Hopefully it weakens on approach.

If I don't post anymore a tree likely fell on my house or service is down everywhere in my area.
That’s tuff

Stores are empty.
No gas at the stations.
People road raging.

Come to Minnesota saxiib 😂

I cant stand their governor! Maybe the Whole state sink! Ameen

Minnesota has blizzards -
Mind your words

ufdup.png

Sa_Male

runta ayaan kugu qarxin
It's in the cards.. maybe.
Tired of FL & going through this every year.
Torn between Mn and a few Midwestern states.
You'd probably accidently meet half the people on this forum over there 🤦‍♂️
Also, if you don't mind me asking, why the hell are you on this place anyways? Have you met somalis irl? What was so intriguing about us that you found your way to this place 🤔

You'd probably accidently meet half the people on this forum over there 🤦‍♂️
Also, if you don't mind me asking, why the hell are you on this place anyways? Have you met somalis irl? What was so intriguing about us that you found your way to this place 🤔

Wouldn't doubt it.
I used to run through Mn back in the day - y'all everywhere fr.
I consider Malis fam bro.
I don't speak on deen much.. It usually leads to low vibration convos & I have enough of that in my life as is.
Long story short, I credit Somali's for my introduction to Islam in my late teens, (not religious anymore tho).

Y'all taught me the culture,gender roles & norms, Salah, what it feels like to fast with a community, alot of my current worldviews got shaped by y'all during that era in my life fr.

To this day I still eat baasto & banana's
20362-b29b75a760f5060fa147c35a13f79f53.png

Theirs not a lot of African centered social platforms on the net.Ones with good site interfaces coupled with limited coon interactions & viewpoints are hard to find.

I just be chillin breh

is this worse than Katrina?

Hope not, but if it's able to maintain it's current strength we're in trouble.
The coastal areas will get the worst of it for sure.

They'll get storm surge (water coming in from the ocean like crazy) & high winds. Around mid afternoon tomorrow we should start feeling the effects from it. It's supposed to be a midnight landfall tho.

Here's the current location & what it currently looks like via satellite.
I highlighted the areas the nhc is saying would mostly be affected.

Red is storm surge + sustained hurricane force winds

Green is sustained hurricane force winds + the potential for localized flooding.
I'm in the middle of green.
francis.png
IMG_20241008_215650.jpg

Trending